Fired Nitro Firefighter Appeals His Termination

May 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WCHS

A Nitro firefighter who was suspended and then fired is now going after the city.

Comments (Page 10)

Showing posts 181 - 200 of268
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Really

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

nope, it may sound that way because we are both posting on the same subject and know the same facts, but that doesn't make us the same person. facts are facts, doesn't matter who posts them.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have you been? Shawn Alderman is the captain that took the fire department vehicle out of the city to Winfield to go watch a game?. You know, the firefighter you were asking about in your other post.
Robert Ely is the one that cussed another firefighter's wife ,for no reason, after a council meeting, in the hallway of the police department and the parking lot outside while representing the fire department, bringing embarrassment to himself and the fire department with his unprofessional actions
You better get with your sources and get it right.
You are correct that Capt. Alderman is the fire fighter who was in Winfield. And Robert Ely did have words with Lori Elkins wife of Captain Jeff Elkins. But as for no reason you are dead wrong. Lori Elkins like most nagging *itchs sat near Robert Ely during a council meeting where she kept whispering in his ear. Robert Ely attended this council meeting on his own time and not in uniform. Lori Elkins then followed Robert Ely to the parking lot when he had had enough of this *itch. There she continued to rant like a mad woman who obviously was in need of some PMS medication.
Robert Ely conducted himself as best any one could in the face of such insanity. It is Lori Elkins who acted depolorably and then her husband in uniform cussing the Mayor. He should have been suspended on the spot.
As for bringing disgrace on the fire department a fire fighter removing himself from a situation where the wife of another fire fighter was acting like she was on Jerry Springer and her husband Captain in uniform cussing in the face of the public and to the Mayor.
The people who brought disgrace upon the city was Captain Jeff Elkins and his wife Lori Elkins.
Repo man

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Judged:

Woodchuck wrote:
What about Casey Mathes saying he was off injured, then going to Morgantown to compete in a crossfit competition? This can be verified by looking at the mountaineer crossfit website at mountaineercrossfit.com and viewing archives august 2011 then click on mountaineer crossfit games scoreboard mens Rx'd on august 27 He could run a 40 yard dash In 6.6 seconds. Maybe if he hadn't been "injured" he could have placed higher than 25th. According to xo mark jarrett's Facebook page, he was there watching the competition cheering "kasey" on
<quoted text>
What kind of Dr would write an excuse to be off from work and turn around and clear you for a crossfit competition?, Sounds like malpractice to me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Judged:

I am sure Captain Jeff Elkins or his wife Lori know all about this since Jeff's niece was there.

Casey Mathes was off work and under doctors care. The doctor released him a day or a few days before the competition.

I know this is true because with all the turmoil in Nitro if Casey Mathes had perpetrated fraud with a doctors excuse to be off work this matter would have already been front page WV Gazette news by line Rusty Marks and the headline would read;

Nitro Police Chief's Stepson Committs fraud against City.

He did not do anything wrong. And I am sure if he was at full capacity you can bet he would have placed much higher than 25th. Maybe that is why Jeff Elkins and A.J. Shinn have such a problem have you seen their pitiful puny selves lately. They look kind of sad standin next to a man like Casey Mathes.

Maybe that is the real issue - they don't like their women looking at real men.
Woodchuck

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Judged:

Now who's stumbling and bumbling? If he was released, why didn't he go back to work? Simple, because you are lying.

I don't know this niece you speak of, but that is not where I initially heard this information. After hearing, it was quite easy to confirm by checking the websites posted. This is what you call evidence. You should strive to produce some yourself.

You can't get anything straight. Lmfao. Suck on that.

MikeWC wrote:
I am sure Captain Jeff Elkins or his wife Lori know all about this since Jeff's niece was there.
Casey Mathes was off work and under doctors care. The doctor released him a day or a few days before the competition.
I know this is true because with all the turmoil in Nitro if Casey Mathes had perpetrated fraud with a doctors excuse to be off work this matter would have already been front page WV Gazette news by line Rusty Marks and the headline would read;
Nitro Police Chief's Stepson Committs fraud against City.
He did not do anything wrong. And I am sure if he was at full capacity you can bet he would have placed much higher than 25th. Maybe that is why Jeff Elkins and A.J. Shinn have such a problem have you seen their pitiful puny selves lately. They look kind of sad standin next to a man like Casey Mathes.
Maybe that is the real issue - they don't like their women looking at real men.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Judged:

could this really be all due to that GREEN EYED MONSTER we all know as JEALOUSY?

I can understand why Captain Elkins and fire fighter Shinn would be jealous.
Woodchuck

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Judged:

No this is about lying and unfair treatment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Judged:

Lying and unfair treatment? Are you serious?

What lie? What unfair treatment?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Really wrote:
nope, it may sound that way because we are both posting on the same subject and know the same facts, but that doesn't make us the same person. facts are facts, doesn't matter who posts them.
The user "Really" made a statement of a post I had made. I then said I didn't know of which post "Really" was meaning. Then "woodchuck" replies, quoting my statement saying that is was the statement he was regarding...

Not that it really matters, lol. But the two seem the same to me...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Judged:

Woodchuck wrote:
No this is about lying and unfair treatment.
I'm going to second this... there is totally unfair treatment on going within Nitro FD.

This is a double edged sword, per se. Actions taken towards employees is unfair and biased. If the actions of firefighters being on duty, and traveling outside the city limits is true, then this too should call for disciplinary actions. Also, the public servants of the city are treating the city and its citizens unfairly.

Maybe the hasty actions that got the city into its current pickle with the firing of AJ Shinn has taught the city a lesson. Maybe they are going to take their time and ensure due cause and the appropriate venues for future disciplinary actions.

I don't know if this was asked before or not...but with Capt Alderman traveling to Winfield, was he on duty, and in a Nitro FD truck? Or was it a State Fire Marshal truck?
Woodchuck

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Woodchuck wrote:
Madness I read the post that you were asking about the recent actions of firefighters taking vehicles out of the city.
Are you not asking about the vehicle going to Winfield.
<quoted text>
Madness, it took me a while to understand what you were talking about. I guess you didn't see this post, so I am bringing it to the top. I don't know why my posts posted in the order they did, but this post was made first.
Woodchuck

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Ask around, there are plenty of pictures circulating of captain alderman at the game, while on duty, and pics of the nitro fire department vehicle at the
Ball field in winfield. So the answers to your questions are yes and yes.
Sound of Madness wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to second this... there is totally unfair treatment on going within Nitro FD.
This is a double edged sword, per se. Actions taken towards employees is unfair and biased. If the actions of firefighters being on duty, and traveling outside the city limits is true, then this too should call for disciplinary actions. Also, the public servants of the city are treating the city and its citizens unfairly.
Maybe the hasty actions that got the city into its current pickle with the firing of AJ Shinn has taught the city a lesson. Maybe they are going to take their time and ensure due cause and the appropriate venues for future disciplinary actions.
I don't know if this was asked before or not...but with Capt Alderman traveling to Winfield, was he on duty, and in a Nitro FD truck? Or was it a State Fire Marshal truck?
Myohmy

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

Anytime I have ever seen Mrs. Elkins at a city council meeting she sits in the front row. Mr. Ely sits in the back row with his friends.

The only people I have ever seen act like they were on the jerry springer show sit in the back as well.

Mrs Elkins has always conducted herself very professionally, which is more than I can say for the folks on the back row.

I witnessed the conversation Mr. Elkins had with the mayor after his wife was harassed in the parking lot and he did not cuss the mayor as you say.

Your accounts are completely unreliable
MikeWC wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct that Capt. Alderman is the fire fighter who was in Winfield. And Robert Ely did have words with Lori Elkins wife of Captain Jeff Elkins. But as for no reason you are dead wrong. Lori Elkins like most nagging *itchs sat near Robert Ely during a council meeting where she kept whispering in his ear. Robert Ely attended this council meeting on his own time and not in uniform. Lori Elkins then followed Robert Ely to the parking lot when he had had enough of this *itch. There she continued to rant like a mad woman who obviously was in need of some PMS medication.
Robert Ely conducted himself as best any one could in the face of such insanity. It is Lori Elkins who acted depolorably and then her husband in uniform cussing the Mayor. He should have been suspended on the spot.
As for bringing disgrace on the fire department a fire fighter removing himself from a situation where the wife of another fire fighter was acting like she was on Jerry Springer and her husband Captain in uniform cussing in the face of the public and to the Mayor.
The people who brought disgrace upon the city was Captain Jeff Elkins and his wife Lori Elkins.
Myohmy

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

I am sure if the surveillance videos were viewed from that night, the story you tell is much different from what really happened. Mr Ely was already quite escalated at the meeting that night and was told to shut up multiple times by the fire chief and by captain jarrett, but he continued to argue with a particular councilman and city recorder This too was very unprofessional behavior. It is clear he has issues with respecting women.
citizen

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

If nothing is done about the fireman leaving the city with a FD vehicle while on duty, you will never have the citizens believe that there is fair treatment within the FD.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

Myohmy wrote:
Anytime I have ever seen Mrs. Elkins at a city council meeting she sits in the front row. Mr. Ely sits in the back row with his friends.
The only people I have ever seen act like they were on the jerry springer show sit in the back as well.
Mrs Elkins has always conducted herself very professionally, which is more than I can say for the folks on the back row.
I witnessed the conversation Mr. Elkins had with the mayor after his wife was harassed in the parking lot and he did not cuss the mayor as you say.
Your accounts are completely unreliable
<quoted text>
myohmy you obviously were not there. Your account is totally incorrect. My information is from sitting right in the room.

Mrs. Elkins was out of line and should have left Mr. Ely alone.

Mr. Ely left and Lori Elkins thought it was appropriate to leave the meeting room and follow him to the parking lot. Where she conducted herself like pure white trash.

Captain Elkins while in uniform was totally out of line and he did indeed curse and raise his voice to almost a shout in the hallway.

To say you were there and did not witness any of this is a bunch of crap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

Myohmy wrote:
I am sure if the surveillance videos were viewed from that night, the story you tell is much different from what really happened. Mr Ely was already quite escalated at the meeting that night and was told to shut up multiple times by the fire chief and by captain jarrett, but he continued to argue with a particular councilman and city recorder This too was very unprofessional behavior. It is clear he has issues with respecting women.
myohmy Mr. Ely questioned council as is his right. He was not on duty nor was he in uniform.

He was not beligerant or out of line as you say. He was agitated because of Captain Elkins white trash acting wife Lori.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

citizen wrote:
If nothing is done about the fireman leaving the city with a FD vehicle while on duty, you will never have the citizens believe that there is fair treatment within the FD.
your comment is like comparing apples and oranges. There is no policy about taking a vehicle outside city limits.

If you are trying to equate this situation with A.J. Shinn they are two totally seperate issues.

A.J. Shinn was suspended for his continued misconduct. Not taking a city vehicle outside ciy limits. A.J.Shinn was not suspended for one incident.

You can not compare the two. I do agree that a policy needs to be written and it made clear to fire fighters that they do not leave the city limits in a city vehicle unless conducting city business.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

Woodchuck wrote:
Ask around, there are plenty of pictures circulating of captain alderman at the game, while on duty, and pics of the nitro fire department vehicle at the
Ball field in winfield. So the answers to your questions are yes and yes.
<quoted text>
There aren't plenty of different pictures circulating of Captain Alderman.

But a single picture taken of Captain Alderman taken on A.J. Shinn's phone by a female who A.J. gave the phone to get the picture.

So if you want to see just ask A.J. to show it to you - I am sure it is still on his phone.

or his good friend and co worker at River Valley Properties Councilman Dave Casebolt as Dave stated it was forwarded to him on his phone during councl meeting. Ask Dave to show you and then look at the number it was sent from. Bet it will A.J. Shinn.
Woodchuck

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Judged:

I personally think this is hilarious that anytime anyone has legitimate evidence this yahoo tries to discredit it. Other people see things and know things too. It is with much laughing I read the posts of this extemely biased,lying poster. The funny thing is, the more he tries to explain things away, the worse the parties involved appear.

This poster always lashes out at anything that comes to light that he and his band of merry goofballs do. They think they are above the rules. To quote him from another post " everyone needs to learn there are consequences for their actions".

Trying to explain away irresponsible behaviors of goofballs like Casey Mathes, bob Ely and Shawn alderman is a losing battle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of268
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Nitro Forum right now

Search the Nitro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 17 min Mgtn Res 53,453
Tina Harper 19 min I would like to know 6
wv mt vapor 23 min I own it 2
No Borders, Part I (Sep '06) 25 min go blue 22
dealer (May '12) 1 hr honest abe 7
matt green/white mustang 2 hr cant be stopped 4
Village on Park Apartments (Apr '13) 4 hr Fact 241
•••
•••
•••
•••

Nitro Jobs

•••