San Luis Obispo City to Send Letter o...

San Luis Obispo City to Send Letter of Opposition to Phillips 66 Oil Train Project

There are 2 comments on the Indybay.org story from Feb 18, 2015, titled San Luis Obispo City to Send Letter of Opposition to Phillips 66 Oil Train Project. In it, Indybay.org reports that:

"With the latest derailments and catastrophic explosions, it's time to rethink our energy infrastructure," said Larry Shinderman, local resident of Nipomo, California, who lives next to the Phillips 66 refinery. "This project is a threat to me and 18,000 of my fellow students at Cal Poly," said Hailey Baker, student at Cal Poly State University. In 2013 more crude oil was spilled from trains than in the previous four decades combined, and in 2014 there were more oil train accidents than in any other year on record.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indybay.org.

annie

San Luis Obispo, CA

#1 Feb 21, 2015
Humans are human and make mistakes, but when it come to oil we can can't have any more mistakes. The Guadalupe oil spills still has over several million still under the soil and in our
ocean at Avila beach. With the added danger of fire and explosions next to our homes and schools
we do not want it or need it..
Daddy Gotrocks

United States

#2 Feb 21, 2015
annie wrote:
Humans are human and make mistakes, but when it come to oil we can can't have any more mistakes. The Guadalupe oil spills still has over several million still under the soil and in our
ocean at Avila beach. With the added danger of fire and explosions next to our homes and schools
we do not want it or need it..
Why if it isn't little orphan annie. Give it up for the new annie. She's all oily and shiny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nipomo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Star athlete loses scholarship after anti-gay slur 15 hr Gremlin 3
News DA Dan Dow fails to promote justice, supports c... Fri Dmbaird 4
News Arroyo Grande wants to talk with Grover Beach a... (May '11) Jul 14 Twj 15
SLO DA Under Menatl Health care Dan Dow Rele... Jul 14 Twj 3
Paso Robles Sgt Chris McGuire on paid leace acc... Jun 21 Liz 3
Review: Rainbow's End Jewelry (Feb '11) Jun '18 RobfmCalif 16
News Nipomo murder suspect turned over to ICE after ... (Jul '17) Aug '17 What 6

Nipomo Jobs

Personal Finance

Nipomo Mortgages