Agape Health & Fitness in Nipomo, CA ...

Agape Health & Fitness in Nipomo, CA - SCAM, Con Artist

Posted in the Nipomo Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bernice

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Apr 15, 2009
This new gym that opened up recently is run by a complete con artist named Jason Rice. He is NOT a certified personal trainer, and he has left dozens of former clients injured and out of thousands of dollars.

Jason's MO is that he talks a great game, telling you that he can help you with whatever injury or health goal you have. After a few weeks of working out with him, he will start telling you his sob story about how his ex-wife is trying to take his kids, and how he and his current wife are church going, caring people. After he gains your trust, he will start asking to borrow money, or, even worse, he will use your credit card information and charge up large amounts without your permission. By the time you realize what has happened, he's skipped town and moved on to another gym.

He has done this scam in Miami, Pasadena, CA, Altadena, and now he has settled into Nipomo. DO NOT LET THIS GUY FOOL YOU: He is a seasoned con artist! He is currently being persued by former clients in numerous lawsuits, but has avoided being served papers by mysteriously disappearing every time a process server shows up. Do not waste your money with this person.
Dave

Saint Cloud, FL

#2 Apr 16, 2009
How do you know about all the other scams in the other cities? How did you find out about Miami? What happened in Miami? I'm asking because I also want to sue Jason for money owed to me. How can I get the details that will help my case in court?
Lana

Pasadena, CA

#3 Apr 16, 2009
This false Christian has also scammed me! He's in Nipomo now?!? Thank God for Google! Avoid this guy at all costs. There are other trainers - you do NOT need to go to this guy. It is not worth it!!! Please use caution. In one year, he moved locations 4 times! What does that tell you?
Dave wrote:
How do you know about all the other scams in the other cities? How did you find out about Miami? What happened in Miami? I'm asking because I also want to sue Jason for money owed to me. How can I get the details that will help my case in court?
adri

Turlock, CA

#4 Apr 21, 2009
i CAN HELP IM NOT KIDDING...DID U GUYZ FIND HIM YET??? OR KNOW EXACTLY WHERE HES LOCATED??
Edward

Tahoe Vista, CA

#5 Apr 21, 2009
Dave wrote:
I have known Jason almost seven years. From my understanding He was ripped off for his equipment in Miami. He lost everything there trying to do the right thing. You guys should get a clue you have all your fact flipped and backwards.
Edward

Tahoe Vista, CA

#6 Apr 21, 2009
Bernice wrote:
This new gym that opened up recently is run by a complete con artist named Jason Rice. He is NOT a certified personal trainer, and he has left dozens of former clients injured and out of thousands of dollars.
Jason's MO is that he talks a great game, telling you that he can help you with whatever injury or health goal you have. After a few weeks of working out with him, he will start telling you his sob story about how his ex-wife is trying to take his kids, and how he and his current wife are church going, caring people. After he gains your trust, he will start asking to borrow money, or, even worse, he will use your credit card information and charge up large amounts without your permission. By the time you realize what has happened, he's skipped town and moved on to another gym.
He has done this scam in Miami, Pasadena, CA, Altadena, and now he has settled into Nipomo. DO NOT LET THIS GUY FOOL YOU: He is a seasoned con artist! He is currently being persued by former clients in numerous lawsuits, but has avoided being served papers by mysteriously disappearing every time a process server shows up. Do not waste your money with this person.
You know it is funny. I have known Jason for years. He moved often because he was struggling to keep his studios open. He is an honest man who has struggled to build what he has. What is even more funny is that I worked for him for years, and he has never had a Bernice as a client. Whoever you are you are just a "hater" who is also a coward who won't use their real name.
Larry

Tahoe Vista, CA

#7 Apr 21, 2009
Lana wrote:
This false Christian has also scammed me! He's in Nipomo now?!? Thank God for Google! Avoid this guy at all costs. There are other trainers - you do NOT need to go to this guy. It is not worth it!!! Please use caution. In one year, he moved locations 4 times! What does that tell you? <quoted text>
I have been a client of Jason's since 2002. I am an elderly gentleman who lived in Pasadena, and have moved to the central coast. I don't understand this listing. I have seen Jason grow client lists several times. I have always known him to be extremely sacrificial and humble. You guys should read his website. There are hundreds of us who have benefited from his services. It is sad that you people are this slanderous.
Michiko

Tahoe Vista, CA

#8 Apr 21, 2009
Bernice wrote:
Jenny Lee are you so bored as to slander Him. You are such a coward. We all know who you are and you simply angry because you were to lazy to get in shape and you tried to blame "JR" for it. Shame on you. At least use your name. Jason has never had clients named Lana or Bernice!
Lana

Pasadena, CA

#9 Apr 22, 2009
I can't speak for Bernice, but I am not Jenny Lee - you owe her an apology! I am not using my real name and I won't - I know what Jason's capable of. As for "Edward" and "Larry" - I'm glad you all got together with Michiko within the same hour to share a different point of view, but please be respectful of the other posts and refrain from insulting them personally. Just disagree with them and leave it at that. As for "Larry's" shameless plug about his website - no one would expect to find anything other than decent reviews - it's his own website!
Steve

Tahoe Vista, CA

#10 Apr 23, 2009
Lana wrote:
I can't speak for Bernice, but I am not Jenny Lee - you owe her an apology! I am not using my real name and I won't - I know what Jason's capable of. As for "Edward" and "Larry" - I'm glad you all got together with Michiko within the same hour to share a different point of view, but please be respectful of the other posts and refrain from insulting them personally. Just disagree with them and leave it at that. As for "Larry's" shameless plug about his website - no one would expect to find anything other than decent reviews - it's his own website!
Be Respectful! Is it respectful to insult someone and use a different name than your own. You have lied and spoken things that are damaging. Jason has never had clients by the names that are being used here. That, within itself is cowardly and shameful. What is amazing to me is that in a time like this when people are struggling to make it you have time enough for this. This man has almost raised my children,during a time that my wife was dying of cancer. When I could not work he trained my children for free. This was in a time that I knew he had no money himself. You and your fake names are absolutely shameful and disgraceful. If anyone knows "big jay" you are just encouraging him to work harder and do better. So, thank you for encouraging my long time friend.
Dan

Saint Cloud, FL

#11 Apr 24, 2009
What?
Kayla

United States

#12 Apr 29, 2009
Hey Everyone-not-from-Atascadero-o r-AOL: Thanks for giving us a heads-up on this guy. Have you seen the other related threads? They were all written by the same person! "You and your fake names are absolutely shameful and disgraceful." Uh huh... what a hypocrite!
Who Cares

United States

#13 May 2, 2009
Yes you are right something is fishy here very fishy! There seems to a lot of bad ink out there about Jason! One thing to be Leary about is a business man who goes spirtual right off the bat! As a business owner and long time sales person you learn early on that you dont mix religon and politics with business. So like I said kinda fishy.with that being said Jasin needs to find out who ever he pissed off or ripped off and rectify the sistuation!
Who Cares

United States

#14 May 7, 2009
Kayla wrote:
Hey Everyone-not-from-Atascadero-o r-AOL: Thanks for giving us a heads-up on this guy. Have you seen the other related threads? They were all written by the same person! "You and your fake names are absolutely shameful and disgraceful." Uh huh... what a hypocrite!
Thank you kayla! This is so true! Can you deception from the truth! These people are scammers for sure
Warning from Altadena

United States

#15 Jun 16, 2009
Here is a warning to Jason's landlord. He was evicted from his Green Street, Pasadena site for non payment of rent. The same for Miami. That is why the Miami landlord locked him out of access to his equipment. He operated here in Altadena without a proper business license. He owes many people LOTS of money. Don't give him your credit card. Fair warning.
some who cares

Saint Cloud, FL

#16 Jun 17, 2009
Warning from Altadena wrote:
Here is a warning to Jason's landlord. He was evicted from his Green Street, Pasadena site for non payment of rent. The same for Miami. That is why the Miami landlord locked him out of access to his equipment. He operated here in Altadena without a proper business license. He owes many people LOTS of money. Don't give him your credit card. Fair warning.
Thank you for posting. I've been wondering for a long time what really happened in Miami. I knew Jason's version about having his equipment stolen wasn't true. Jason always plays the vicim when he's getting what he deserves for ripping people off. I know of 3 other cases, in addition to the ones you listed, where people are trying to take Jason to court for monetary damages. I'm sure there are many more. Jason feels no remorse. To reconcile what he's doing to people along with his Christian beliefs, Jason tells his vicitms it's not a sin to have debt nor is it a criminal offense to owe someone money. Then he tells them to get off his back and he moves away when they try to take him to court. Christians are supposed to help people not take advantage of them the way Jason does. Don't believe his sad story about struggling financially even though he is so good at what he does and has been working in his field for about 18 year (according to him). He can't be both 1) "the best" and 2) consistently poor at the same time. At least one of these statements is a lie. Even if one of these is true, he is still scamming people. It's also possible that both statements are lies. Jason attempted to divert people away from this thread by starting 3 new threads: "Agape Health and Fitness Nipomo New Exciting Gym", "Agape Health and Fitness Nipomo/Los Angeles Owner Slandered on Topix," and "Agape Health and Fitness Nipomo Defending a Great Guy and His Family." He pretends to be his own friends and clients defending himself. When ever someone confronts him about this, Jason pretends to be these people and cries "slander" and "persecution" while promoting his gym at the same time. When the people is Nipomo sense what he really is he will no doubt move on to yet another location. Jason has had 22 addresses over the past 9 years. I know because I'm one of those people he owes money to and I'm still trying to catch up to him. After I post this, one of Jason's "friends" will probably post something cruel and accuse me of slander, persecution, or worse. That's ok. The truth will still come out.
Who Cares

United States

#17 Jun 20, 2009
I can help you email me @ [email protected] I live right down the road from this creep!
Fred

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jun 23, 2009
Jason claims to have played for a pro football team, the St. Louis Rams I believe. If you look at their roster of past players though there is no Jason Rice in the time frame he would have played . . .if ever.
Warning from Altadena

United States

#19 Jun 24, 2009
To "someone who cares" and "who cares", what really needs to happen is for a local reporter to write an investigative article about this scamming person! If I felt secure that I could be granted "confidental status" by a reporter, I could give more information. Does the Santa Maria area have a "local" newspaper like the "Pasadena Weekly?" If it does, someone in that area should contact one of the paper's reporters. If, however, Jason advertises in the paper, the paper may not want to take on the task of an article about him.

I am aware of some of Jason's behavior in Florida and it freightens me.
someone who cares

Saint Cloud, FL

#20 Jun 25, 2009
Warning from Altadena wrote:
To "someone who cares" and "who cares", what really needs to happen is for a local reporter to write an investigative article about this scamming person! If I felt secure that I could be granted "confidental status" by a reporter, I could give more information. Does the Santa Maria area have a "local" newspaper like the "Pasadena Weekly?" If it does, someone in that area should contact one of the paper's reporters. If, however, Jason advertises in the paper, the paper may not want to take on the task of an article about him.
I am aware of some of Jason's behavior in Florida and it freightens me.
Are you talking about his behavior in Miami or a different area of Florida?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nipomo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gangs Operating on Central Coast Aug 24 truth 3
Judge Charles S. Crandall under Judicial review... Aug 24 Allen Dawson 2
Dective in training SLO PD Aaron Schafer commit... Aug 24 Allen Dawson 5
News Roandoak of God near Morro Bay: Group home unde... (Jun '09) Aug 22 heavensson 35
SUMMER JOHNSON Scandal arraignment today (Jan '15) Aug 8 curious1 8
public corruption slo (Nov '14) Aug 2 Anonymous 6
San Luis Obispo PD MUSLIM Task Force Jul 28 Wyatt Warp 3

Nipomo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nipomo Mortgages