maine voters please take note and repost this public service notice
Posted in the Ninilchik Forum
“Captain Joint 4 President”
Since: May 09
#1 Aug 30, 2009
There's a VOTE coming in Me. this Nov. The MMPI has a question up that sounds like it's good for the Me. Medical Marijuana Patients. The question asks if you are in favor of expanding the accepted uses for marijuana & are you in favor of a medical marijuana distrabution system.
This seems like a "yes" vote, but a "no" vote is called for here. What you don't see when you vote is the full scope of the laws & requirerments behind this proposed change.
Here's a notice from the Maine Vocals on this vote. The Vocals have a petition that addresses all the negative aspects of the MMPI petition. Their actions have been slowed by a series of events that include Don Christen, Maine Vocals Founder, being jailed at this time.
It is easier to pass a law than to fix one, as the Drug War has shown us, so lets not vote in a bad law in Maine. Please educate yourself to the two existing petitions and vote as you see fit.
PUBLIC NOTICE from Maine Vocals
MAINE MEDICAL MARIJUANA ACT to HURT MORE THAN HELP
MAINE’S EXISTING MEDICAL MARIJUANA LAW. WHY???
1. Puts DHS in charge of the ACT.(Same DHS that takes children away from parents for use of marijuana)
2. Creates ID Card System (Maine rejected the Feds real ID and we see problems with this)
3. Sets up Dispensaries (Under DHS) Cost $5000.00 for a state permit or license and needs county and town approval with unknown fees and regulations.
(We are in favor of a distribution system, but not this)
4. Felons are excluded from being caregivers even if charges stemmed from growing marijuana only. These are the people who have the most knowledge about growing marijuana that have committed no crimes of any other nature and are also some of the people who have been working to have the laws changed for medical marijuana.
5. Ads affirmative defense language instead of making it legal for patients.
There are several other reasons, but this is the top of the list. If you want to help, first get a copy of the initiative language and read it for yourself. Follow link below to read text of initiative.( http://www.mainepatientsrights.org/Petition%2... ) Don’t blindly vote for this without knowing what you are voting for. Most of us want a good medical marijuana law that works for the people of Maine, but we need a good one that will actually work. It needs compassion and common sense which has been left out of the language and Maine Vocals are working on a new initiative that does just that. Here are some of the things that have been left out of the current initiative we are voting on in November.
1. Authorization – by a diagnosis of an illness or symptom that marijuana may be beneficial in their therapy.
2. Protection for Doctors / State licenses if needed and requirement for Doctors to work with patients who request to use marijuana for there therapy.
3. Amount patient can possess needs to be increased.(Recommendation 3lbs)
( Feds provide 9lbs per year to their patients)
4. Amount of plants a patient can grow needs to be increased.(Recommendation 12 plants)
5. Equal protection for patients whether ID card system or not.
6. Patient and Doctor input on Board of Overseers of the Dep. that controls law.(Recommendation Dep. of Agriculture)
#2 Sep 27, 2009
Until recently, I had never had an opinion about drug abuse in general or marijuana use in particular.
I've never grown it, smoked it, ate it, etc.
However, a good friend of mine is battling Lung Cancer. His doctor "gave" him marijuana pills to help increase his appitite. The Chemo is destroying his appitite resulting in tremendous weight loss.
The friend is a retired law enforcement officer of over 32 years. In his wildest dreams, he would never have thought he would see the day that he would be taking marijuana for any reason.
Well, the results are in. His appitite has improved and he is gaining weight.
Wake-up Politicians! We need every proven "med" at our disposal when it comes to battling such diseases!
#3 Oct 4, 2009
As a maine medical marijuana patient I need this to pass. NOTE: Don Christen's heart is in the right place, however he is in JAIL. Please vote YES on Question 5 on NOV 3.
“Captain Joint 4 President”
Since: May 09
#4 Oct 20, 2009
VOTE NO ON 5! We all want to see expanded uses for medical marijuana, and we want to see it available to medical marijuana patients. We need changes, but not for the worst. We have a workable law now, and DO NOT NEED a more restrictive one. We do NOT WANT DHS in charge of medical grows, and should not have to pay $5000.00 to DHS to grow. We also do not want or need the card system. If you are on Zolof, Zanax, Welbutrin, 0xi's and all the other drugs, you don't need a card, and we don't need one for medical marijuana either.
We need a better law, question 5 is not it, don't vote in a bad law and then have to "fix" it.
VOTE NO ON 5!
By the way, Don Christen is out of jail, and was at Harvestfest. The Maine Vocals are gathering signatures now for their petition, and it is a much better one.
Add your comments below
|Trooper shot Anchor Point man who pointed rifle...||10 hr||burt brown||1|
|Nikolaevsk Music Thread||Aug '17||Musikologist||1|
|New Swim Instructor in Ninilchik? (Oct '14)||Jan '15||FYI||3|
|wow! (Sep '13)||Sep '13||Tobie Keiffer||1|
|Moving to Ninilchik questions (Feb '06)||Aug '13||Debra L||5|
|Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10)||Apr '13||gee||6|
|Rollins' East End yard sees major cleanup (Aug '12)||Aug '12||peccyjohn||1|
Find what you want!
Search Ninilchik Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC