Pediatric patients shine in 'Rising S...

Pediatric patients shine in 'Rising Stars' production

There are 3 comments on the Niles Herald-Spectator story from Apr 27, 2006, titled Pediatric patients shine in 'Rising Stars' production. In it, Niles Herald-Spectator reports that:

Pediatric therapy patients of all ages, from infants to adolescents, will be performing at 6:30 p.m. April 28 at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital's Olson Auditorium, 1775 Dempster St., Park Ridge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Niles Herald-Spectator.

COLLEEN THRUPP

Kellyville, Australia

#1 Apr 28, 2006
FIRSTLY, I WOULD SINCERELY LIKE TO PASS ON MY BEST WISHES TO ALL THE PATIENTS AT THE ADVOCATE LUTHERAN GENERAL HOSPITAL ... WHAT A REMARKABLE SPIRT THEY TRULY HAVE COMBINED WITH THE LOVE AND SUPPORT OF THEIR WONDERFUL PARENTS AND HOSPITAL STAFF ...

AS KEITH URBAN ALREADY SUPPORTS A CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL, IF HE WAS ADVISED OF THIS TOUCHING STORY AND THAT ONE OF HIS "FANS" WAS GOING TO PERFORM ONE OF HIS SONGS HE WOULD JUST BURST WITH PRIDE ...

WHAT MANY MAY NOT KNOW IS THAT WHEN KEITH URBAN WAS A VERY YOUNG PERFORMER HE OFTEN WENT TO AGED HOMES TO DISPLAY HIS TALENTS AND MAKE THE LIVES OF THE RESIDENCES JUST THAT MORE WORTHWHILE ... THAT IS PROBABLY WHERE HIS GENEROUS SPIRT BEGAN.

PS. WITHOUT TAKING AWAY FROM THE REAL ISSUE OF THIS STORY - MY SURNAME WAS COLLEEN BYRNE ... AND THAT HAS MAKE ME FEEL EVEN MORE CONNECTED TO THIS STORY ...

MAY GOD BLESS AND LOOK AFTER YOU ALL!!
Shana

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Apr 29, 2006
I was born with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus. Keith's music is a big part in my life. There are some days where I feel like nobody understands me or anything. I just listen to Keith's music and it helps me through my bad times. Keith's music has been a blessing to me. Anytime I feel down I just put his music on and I feel so much better afterwards! I'm proud to be a Keith Urban fan!!
COLLEEN THRUPP

North Melbourne, Australia

#3 Apr 30, 2006
Shana wrote:
I was born with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus. Keith's music is a big part in my life. There are some days where I feel like nobody understands me or anything. I just listen to Keith's music and it helps me through my bad times. Keith's music has been a blessing to me. Anytime I feel down I just put his music on and I feel so much better afterwards! I'm proud to be a Keith Urban fan!!
SHANA - The school I work at has a Special Education Unit catering for our students with disabilities ... some wheel chair bound. Over the years our association with these children has been especially rewarding, not because of their disability but because of the wonderful contribution they make to our lives. One of my collegues children has "down syndrome" and he will be attending the school next year ... He will not receive any more attention then our abled body students but I'm sure the 7 years he will be with us will leave us with very special memories ...

In regard to this story my intention was to try and have Keith Urban be made aware of this story and the inpact his music has on the life of the young boy in the story ... and your life and mine ...

Kindest Regards Shana = Colleen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Level 19th Broadway 10 hr WTFUUUCK 6
Make Melrose Park great again (Sep '16) 14 hr KKK 31
Do you all do advertisment 17 hr jayland 1
Beautify Lake St. 18 hr MelRose1 4
Salvo pleads guilty, looking at 10 years in jail. 19 hr MelRose1 4
Elmwood Park dipshits Wed SonnyRed 1
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) Wed Scrubber59 628

Niles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance