Lice policies: Some schools are rever...

Lice policies: Some schools are reversing 'no-nit' rule

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 31, 2008, titled Lice policies: Some schools are reversing 'no-nit' rule. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

It was an annual ritual for the kids of School District 64: After smiling for the camera on picture day, they would get their scalps checked for lice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

George from outer space

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Dec 31, 2008
Children with lice???= Stupid, irresponsible parents!!!!!
Joe

Prospect Heights, IL

#2 Dec 31, 2008
Sound like they are being nit-pickey to me.
anon

El Dorado Hills, CA

#4 Dec 31, 2008
George:

Clearly you are from outer space!!! THANK GOD my daughter has never contracted lice, but I do know several loving caring and RESPONSIBLE parents who have had the misfortune of their child contracting lice.

Who the hell knows exactly where it starts but once it does, and your child goes to school with hundreds of other children, there is a chance that your child will get lice.

How does this statement work for you?

Children with a cold???= Stupid, irresponsible parents!!!!!
Responsible parent

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 1, 2009
Finally, evidence based practices in our schools. We don't screen every child's throat for strep after pictures - why screen for something that doesn't harbor disease?

Why would a school keep students out with nits but no active lice- there is nothing to be spread with an old egg? One day of missed learning unnecessarily for one child is one day too many.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Skokie teen charged in Tuesday's stabbing murder (Sep '09) 2 hr Ava Rademacher-Davy 64
News Dr. Les Golden is Charged by Oak Park Park's wi... (May '09) 3 hr Uncle Tom 6
How many cars can a Mexican park on one block 3 hr Uncle Tom 7
New statue Michael marchetti he hAs done so much (Oct '14) 18 hr WILDBILL 12
pete venute Sun Crazy 25
Poll What about the loss of Elliott's Dairy? (Mar '10) Aug 27 Louise 53
News 2 dead, 6 others wounded during city shootings Aug 26 NB Forrest 2

Niles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Niles Mortgages