Chicago cop faced firing 2 years befo...

Chicago cop faced firing 2 years before Niles attack

There are 133 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 18, 2008, titled Chicago cop faced firing 2 years before Niles attack. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Police spokeswoman Monique Bond said then-Supt. Phil Cline recommended the officer's dismissal in 2006, but the police board decided to reinstate him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#1 May 18, 2008
I know this Callahan mope is a disgrace to his badge and his uniform. But it never ceases to amaze me how frequently human scum like this are entrusted with police duty. And how the lowlifves are protected and enabled when they act out.
WeGet govtWEdeserve

United States

#2 May 18, 2008
AGAIN, THIS IS THE FAULT OF THE CRIMINAL-MINDED DALEY.
AGAIN, THIS IS THE FAULT OF ALL OF US WHO PROTESTETH TOO LITTLE.
AGAIN THIS IS THE FAULT OF COWARDS AND ALL US VOTERS.

WeGet govtWEdeserve
Vidian

Somerville, MA

#3 May 18, 2008
I have more of a question rather than a comment. WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENFORCING LAWS IN THIS COUNTRY. This man is clearly insane and shouldn't even be a security guard at an outhouse.
Vidian

Somerville, MA

#4 May 18, 2008
strut2k wrote:
I know this Callahan mope is a disgrace to his badge and his uniform. But it never ceases to amaze me how frequently human scum like this are entrusted with police duty. And how the lowlifves are protected and enabled when they act out.
I can't agree with you more.
Dave

Chicago, IL

#5 May 18, 2008
This just shows how corrupt the cops are in the northern suburbs. This is a constant problem but whey have immunity from all legal repercussion because their police buddies will stick up for them and lie if they have to. Keep in the mind, the article said he is on paid leave!
leonard hamilton

Chicago, IL

#6 May 18, 2008
Scary.
wallyb

Sacramento, CA

#7 May 18, 2008
And now he's on "paid administrative leave." In my company this means VACATION.
Drew

Roselle, IL

#8 May 18, 2008
I am sure that those two had it coming. Next time you are in trouble, call two old men! I hope that they allowed him the courtesy of a seven hour post incident sobriety test.
JMW

Saginaw, MI

#9 May 18, 2008
Its got to be hard to find all the bad apples.... but a previous incident happened "THE BLUE WALL" appears. He should have been dismissed earlier or at least sent to Pysc Ward for evaluation.
BCCM

United States

#10 May 18, 2008
What a terrible situation. Police brutality must be addressed.

http://www.bccmeteorites.com/misconduct-plane...

SRD
Billy Buoy

Chicago, IL

#11 May 18, 2008
Weiss and Daley all eyes are on you on this one---come on fellows lets see what you come up with now that the whole wide and I mean wide World knows what this Citys cops reputation is. Weiss says he'll change that---Ok Jody, here's your chance..of course if the goof is found guilty. But passed out in the bushes isnt a good sign that he'll remember anything at his hearing of the actual event.

Than to learn Cline wanted to fire him but this great Police Board wouldnt let him---thank Police Board, you're the same goofs who groomed the Abbattes of this force.

Weiss better crack this one good and the other cops on the force should keep their mouths shut on protecting such a bad seed. We;ll see if Weiss and Daley are true to their word on how this is handled.
politwriter

Arlington Heights, IL

#12 May 18, 2008
Dave wrote:
This just shows how corrupt the cops are in the northern suburbs. This is a constant problem but whey have immunity from all legal repercussion because their police buddies will stick up for them and lie if they have to. Keep in the mind, the article said he is on paid leave!
Please read the stories beyond the headline. He was employed by the Chicago Police Dept. and just happened to be doing his drinking in the Northern suburbs. Not that I suppose it matters all that much as your point may well aplly to both groups.
Chad

Chicago, IL

#15 May 18, 2008
I don't see why this is even in the news. There was a bar fight- happens all the time in every town every weekend. Why this gets press I don't know. He was off duty and in his personal time, didn't discharge a weapon. We weren't there and we didn't know what circumstances led to this. For all we know this officer was being harrassed and needed to defend himself.

I give him the benefit of the doubt since he is an officer and protects the people. These things happen.
Ontarget-OK

Blanchard, OK

#16 May 18, 2008
The swift sword of Justice should be speedily brought to bear on this (and other) rogue law enforcement nut-cases.

This type of behavior needs decapitating without further piddling around by Daley, et al.
left of center

Chicago, IL

#17 May 18, 2008
just a bar fight..maybe a 10 day suspension..he'll be back.
probably promoted too in about 5 years.
Vince

North Las Vegas, NV

#18 May 18, 2008
Vidian wrote:
I have more of a question rather than a comment. WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENFORCING LAWS IN THIS COUNTRY. This man is clearly insane and shouldn't even be a security guard at an outhouse.
You are a complete idiot. What kind of people? Lets paint all the Law Enforcement people in this country with the same brush.
matty

Crete, IL

#19 May 18, 2008
I think the cops need better mental health care to get them off the the bottle.

These cops drink too much.
Utah Pete

Orem, UT

#20 May 18, 2008
They need to make a special force out these cops. Keep them in a cage and let them out only when it is time to capture a wild animal, like a cougar, bare handed.
Marty McFly and Biff

AOL

#21 May 18, 2008
Nice job Police Board........coulda solved it BEFORE it happened!!
west side cop

Springfield, IL

#22 May 18, 2008
If these allegations are found to be true,he should be fired. I could talk until i am blue in the face how this does not represent the majority of us but it will be a losing battle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pete venute 4 hr WILDBILL 24
News Dr. Les Golden is Charged by Oak Park Park's wi... (May '09) 5 hr uhhhhh 5
News 2 dead, 6 others wounded during city shootings 14 hr NB Forrest 2
Lawsuits for Faggianno and Wasilenko (Feb '14) Thu Crazy 20
Northlake Mayor and Staff-- Unfriendliest Gover... (Feb '12) Thu Gboi67 26
federal agents in melrose park 7/25/16 Wed Paid for Nothing 29
News Suburban investor charged with bank fraud Aug 24 Justice01 7

Niles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance