Robert L. Pasek 1926-2009: Engineerin...

Robert L. Pasek 1926-2009: Engineering consultant

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 16, 2009, titled Robert L. Pasek 1926-2009: Engineering consultant. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Robert L. Pasek applied an engineer's curiosity for how things work to everything from missile systems to small appliances, and helped develop a system of time standards to increase manufacturing efficiency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

John Kares Smith

Ithaca, NY

#1 Jan 23, 2009
Robert was married for 55 years to my cousin, Joan; while our points of view often differed, he was a true intellectual: curious, brilliant, quick-witted, always with a ready, thoughtful opinion, worthy of argument, worthy of praise, always worth the effort to clarify and persuade. I will miss him very much. He live a life well. No one could ever accuse him of what Rilke called the ultimate tragedy: of dying of an unlived life. Robert lived,,,and so did all of us who knew and loved him.
Jim Kirby

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

#2 Apr 13, 2009
Dr Pasek was my mentor and boss at Sunbeam Corp in 1964-5 and later at Lowry-Cocroft Abstracts. He was smart, generous and nurturing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can we please get rid of mexicans hanging aroun... 1 hr Italian Stallion 36
15th Ave Book Store, still there and going stro... 3 hr WILDBILL 8
Mayor Piltavar 5 hr Stars and Stripes 5
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) 19 hr WHITE RUSSIAN 607
Who is Mrs. Guido, really?? Oct 20 Wx-Melrose parker 6
News Alleged Prostitute Accused Of Solicting On Web (Sep '06) Oct 20 Colleen 8
News Suburban investor charged with bank fraud Oct 19 California 27

Niles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Niles Mortgages