8 out of 10 Illinois Voters Favor Ban...

8 out of 10 Illinois Voters Favor Banning Assault Weapons

There are 1 comment on the WBBM-AM Chicago story from Mar 21, 2007, titled 8 out of 10 Illinois Voters Favor Banning Assault Weapons. In it, WBBM-AM Chicago reports that:

Gun control advocates say a new bi-partisan survey shows voters overwhelmingly want new laws controlling the spread of deadly weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBBM-AM Chicago.

Tony K

Willowbrook, IL

#1 Mar 28, 2007
Get a grip people- Its time to wake up and quit taking or think your taking the easy way out. Assault weapons have been banned since the 1930's. In order for it to be an assault rifle it must be fully automatic. Througha FFL (Federal Firearm License) you are allowed to own a assault rifle. Very, very few people have these. They are mainly collectors of high end machine guns who rarely even fire them. Its like collecting coins.
These lies you are hearing are typical of the people who want you defenseless. Including, the fact that these semi- automatic rifles who they make you think are the cause to our problems is sad. You and I can go purchase one as long as we are not a convicted felon, etc... Or, you can be a convicted felon and purchase one illegally on the blackmarket. So, if their really was a problem with them do you think the criminal will not have access to weapons. Smell the coffee!
Do not let these control freaks in Springfield or Washington scare you. Vote for family values and teach each other respect. How can a murderer or thug respect his fellow citizen when they don't respect themselves. That is where the the problem lies. It has nothing to do with a gun. Guns cannot pull the trigger, only people or monkeys can.
So, if we need to ban anything ban the criminal from the street. Not the law abing citizen. I know many, many, many gun owners who are white collar and blue collar types, and they are some of the most outstanding citizens any nation could ask for. So why turn them into a criminal for a few control freaks. By the way, I would love to see the figure of the real poll that 8 out of 10 Illinois voters favor an assault(semi- auto) weapons ban. This is a bunch of mularkey. Its a typical BS poll said by a few. Don't be a sheep and fall for it.
If anything needs to be done the right to carry needs to be passed and I can guarantee that the crime rate will drop. It has been effective in 30- 40 something states. It works.
We are Americans on American soil and we need to uphold our constitutional right as a people. We are not Europe, Asia, Australia, etc... we are America! Look at the rise in crime in Australia because they took the peoples weapons. Its through the roof. If you need to see for yourselves look it up and the truth will prevail. So please, be smart and don't believe lies from a few control freaks. Stand up and be true to your people and colors, and support our American way. We have that right.
However, if you are a sheep and believe the BS propaganda don't forget to vote for a ban on automobiles, fast food, baseball bats, clubs, knives, stones, rocks, and any available object because they cause more death than all guns combined. Including doctors who cause more death by accident than accidental gun deaths.
Just remember- their are over 80 million known gun owners in this country. It just isn't that way for a reason. So let's join forces and rid the riff- raff instead of the collector, sporter, hunter, etc...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Northlake chief Nissen is hated by his offi... (Nov '16) 7 hr Serbs 16
Old Evanston (Aug '09) Fri DBrey 21
Taylor St. gypsies claiming Melrose Parker iden... Mar 15 WILDBILL 15
Melrose Park Narcissism Mar 15 WILDBILL 3
15th Ave Book Store, still there and going stro... (Aug '16) Mar 15 WILDBILL 22
pete venute (Mar '16) Mar 15 WILDBILL 93
Northbrook Montessori school Mar 15 Aka 1

Niles Jobs

Personal Finance

Niles Mortgages