2 elderly Chicago women share tragic end

2 elderly Chicago women share tragic end

There are 25 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 2, 2008, titled 2 elderly Chicago women share tragic end. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Mariam Shamoon and Myrtle Kramer led similar lives: both longtime Chicagoans, active in their churches and surrounded by family, who admired them for their vibrant lifestyles despite advanced years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
himmy

Wheaton, IL

#28 Dec 2, 2008
As a relative of Myrtle's, just turn yourself in.
BerkeleyGirl

Saint Louis, MO

#29 Dec 2, 2008
I understand Christy's pain but, at least in my North Side neighborhood, there is nothing more dangerous than a mother in a hurry to get her kids to school, not unlicensed drivers. They don't believe stop signs apply to them. One even yelled at me for getting in her way as she barely missed hitting me when she failed to stop at stop sign.
joe

United States

#30 Dec 2, 2008
There is no respect for the rules of the road.I have arrested drivers with 8 DUI'S and they dont even go to court when one of your relatives gets killed by one you might change your tune about being politically correct.
zoe moore

Skokie, IL

#31 Dec 2, 2008
zoe moore wrote:
How sad. RIP , Mariam Shamoon and Myrtle Kramer.
Both these ladies still had so much to live for, and will be dearly missed by their families.
I too wondered about the status of Sergio Candleara, the unlicensed driver who struck and killed Mariam Shamoon. Is he a legal resident? And why does the media always tip toe around this issue?
What happened to the very first post to this story, that appeared before mine? That poster had also queried the legal status of the driver, and likened the lawlessness of illegal aliens in this country to that of the Somali pirates.

I thought that person presented a very strong and effective point.
amc

Libertyville, IL

#33 Dec 2, 2008
A Chicagoan wrote:
Thanks.
You're right. No joking matter. I'm going to buy two - large enough to fit over my raincoat and my parka!!
<quoted text>
I've also found reflective vests (like the kind construction workers wear) at places like Fleet Farm. Would think they might have them at Menards or Home Depot as well. Not all that expensive (<$10 I think)- and worth the $$.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gone but not forgotten (May '09) May 23 alan 757
Madonna Del Carmine, or Guadalupe (Dec '16) May 22 TonyG 15
Original Melrose Parkers, not Taylor Street des... (Sep '15) May 22 JJG3 28
pete venute (Mar '16) May 21 WILDBILL 96
News Northbrook considers legal options for potentia... May 20 MAGAfiggypops 9
landlords name over 8355 o'connor drive river g... May 19 Cheetos1146 1
Wildbill Speaks the Truth May 18 Lowest of them All 24

Niles Jobs

Personal Finance

Niles Mortgages