martin luther king jr. day events

martin luther king jr. day events

There are 13 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 14, 2011, titled martin luther king jr. day events. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Events throughout the Twin Cities on Monday will mark the birthday of slain civil-rights activist the Rev.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Nothappy2paymore

Kansas City, MO

#1 Jan 15, 2011
I think I am going to work instead.
CRASSUS

De Forest, WI

#3 Jan 16, 2011
Can I bring my guitar?
No spin zone

United States

#4 Jan 16, 2011
What month is white boy month?
Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jan 16, 2011
He was a philandering plagiarist. And some idiots actually celebrate this P.O.S.'s birthday?
CRASSUS

De Forest, WI

#6 Jan 16, 2011
No spin zone wrote:
What month is white boy month?
White males don't have a month. Were the only group your allowed to discriminate against.
AntiMelting

Garden City, MI

#7 Jan 16, 2011
At least crime will be down tomorrow.
Seth

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jan 17, 2011
Ahhhhh the 'woodies' feel left out. Poor white man. Here, let me show you how you actually participate. You provided AND provide the oppression, violence, segregation, pride, indifference, lies and self-righteousness that Dr. Martin Luther King and so many others fought against. See, you're not so left out after all. And when you start whining about Black History Month remember that white history month is every month and is all many, including yourself, have ever been fed. And WORK? You don't know what work is.

“Freedom and responsibility”

Since: Dec 10

St. Paul

#9 Jan 17, 2011
Seth wrote:
Ahhhhh the 'woodies' feel left out. Poor white man. Here, let me show you how you actually participate. You provided AND provide the oppression, violence, segregation, pride, indifference, lies and self-righteousness that Dr. Martin Luther King and so many others fought against. See, you're not so left out after all. And when you start whining about Black History Month remember that white history month is every month and is all many, including yourself, have ever been fed. And WORK? You don't know what work is.
Here's a white guy that would like to provide a condom. Maybe someone could use it today in honor of Dr. King to have one less illegitimate kid. There's no such thing as a government program that can unwind the damage done by an over 70% illegitimacy rate among Blacks. Smarten up, you're oppressing yourself.
AntiMelting

Garden City, MI

#11 Jan 17, 2011
Seth wrote:
Speaking only for this woodie...Seth, growing up around the Milwaukee area resulted in diversity and multiculturalism being shoved down my throat since day one. At some point, I probably became desensitized to the point of no longer caring as an adult.

I've watched every program and opportunity created for the black man...and you still want to blame whitey for everything in your life that goes wrong. You will always be a victim, and I don't feel bad for that.
Livin Woodbury

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jan 17, 2011
No one has destroyed the black family more then liberalism and pushing welfare to replace the Dad. 20% of black families today are single parent vs 70% in the 50's.

reap what ya sew.
Ninna

New Ulm, MN

#13 Jan 18, 2011
What the heck no sales in any of the stores!...I thought it was Black Monday!
Its Over

Fargo, ND

#14 Jan 18, 2011
Thank you Dr Martin Luther King, Jr for everything you stood for and worked so hard to accomplish. You're efforts mirror those of Jesus Christ, which many of the white folks writing to this post have ignored in their efforts to poke fun at you and African American children. You had the heart of Gandhi, whom most of the same criticizing white folks has never heard of. Stupid is as stupid does. You carried the mission set forth by President Abraham Lincoln farther, even though those whites that continue to denigrate you forget that it was one of their own who began this quest called Freedom. You helped America discover that they were MORE racist than South Africans, that they carried FAR FAR less about Human Rights than China does today. And by being the best statesman American has produced, standing tall in the face of violence without ever mistrusting whites who continue to try to kill you today, and without declaring war on America as Natives American did. You mean so much more to this country than these white racist denigrators will ever be. Some day they too will join you in heaven, and most of us Americans won't miss them. But we'll still love you.
one good thing

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jan 18, 2011
The holiday in honor of the communist womanizer has one good benefit to those of us who work that day - parking is free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicollet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Mar '18 Minnesota jay 12
My Dear Kasota Childhood Friend Nov '17 RASBF 1
Tanning (Jun '17) Jun '17 Drift45 1
News This artist is famous, but his name is a secret (Oct '16) Oct '16 chad hatten denver 1
News Four new hotspots you want to know about, plus ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 space ace 1
News Depression program shows promise (Dec '08) Jan '14 Orelie 10
News A Transit Fantasy: Take the Pink Line from Frid... (Aug '13) Aug '13 PB in Saint Paul 1

Nicollet Jobs

Personal Finance

Nicollet Mortgages