Hundreds of nurses picket over contra...

Hundreds of nurses picket over contract impasse

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 13, 2010, titled Hundreds of nurses picket over contract impasse. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Hundreds of nurses picketed outside hospitals in St. Paul as the possibility of a strike loomed on the horizon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

dan

Minneapolis, MN

#1 May 14, 2010
hello
BoB

Saint Paul, MN

#2 May 14, 2010
Overpaid! Underworked!
Sarah D

Minneapolis, MN

#3 May 14, 2010
BoB wrote:
Overpaid! Underworked!
Bet you wouldn't say that to a nurse's face. Especially if you happened to be in the hospital at the time.
Monk

Salem, OR

#4 May 14, 2010
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you wouldn't say that to a nurse's face. Especially if you happened to be in the hospital at the time.
Excellent point. Nurses have complex jobs involving medicine, technology and human relations. And they have to be competent all the time. The pressure must be enormous. One of my daughter-in-laws worked on the Cancer ward for years. She did critical care that often ended with death. She finally had to leave that job- the emotional toll was too much.
Nurses work in life-and-death situations everyday. They deserve our support. They support us at critical times in our lives.
BoB

Saint Paul, MN

#5 May 15, 2010
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I would if they ever got off their a**!
Monk

Salem, OR

#6 May 15, 2010
BoB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I would if they ever got off their ****!
Hey BoB- I've spent weeks in the hospital including the ICU. Drs are the ones hanging out in the cafeteria and lounge, not Nurses. I've watched Nurses alot and depended on their care. They are on the front lines of medical care. Where are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicollet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eagles Extravaganza Apr '16 Windy Leaf 1
Sam & Abe's Childcare Review Feb '16 jajohsonfamily 1
new ulm man accused of molesting and rapeing yo... Feb '16 steve lesley 1
New Ulm Man Accused of Molesting, Raping Young ... Feb '16 Steven Lesley I SPY 1
News Four new hotspots you want to know about, plus ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 space ace 1
News Depression program shows promise (Dec '08) Jan '14 Orelie 10
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicollet Mortgages