North Mankato family accused of selli...

North Mankato family accused of selling pot

There are 108 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 9, 2010, titled North Mankato family accused of selling pot. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A North Mankato man, his girlfriend and his son are all facing felony drug charges for allegedly growing and selling marijuana at their Belgrade Avenue home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#1 Aug 9, 2010
Two ounces of marijuana in the home, a $60 sale, and a "few small plants" equate into felonies for these people? This just doesn't sound right. There was no violence associated with the pot, right, just the small sale? How many manhours/dollars is this going to cost the city? What a ridiculous waste of police resources and taxpayer money. These laws have got to be reformed to reflect some kind of common sense.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
St Paul Mom

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Aug 9, 2010
Its only a plant people, omg, quit wasting taxpayers money going after these people!!! Its never killed a single person, time to legalize this plant! Felonies??? You got to be kidding! Go after the violent offenders.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Common sense

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Aug 9, 2010
ZenBirdist wrote:
Two ounces of marijuana in the home, a $60 sale, and a "few small plants" equate into felonies for these people? This just doesn't sound right. There was no violence associated with the pot, right, just the small sale? How many manhours/dollars is this going to cost the city? What a ridiculous waste of police resources and taxpayer money. These laws have got to be reformed to reflect some kind of common sense.
Hey about a better idea? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Seriously. Pot leads to the next drug. Ever watch cops on Fox. 2 weeks ago they showed a 22 year old tweaking out on meth and he said he started with pot. Give it a break. The laws work and should be even harsher.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CopskillKids

Kansas City, KS

#4 Aug 9, 2010
What a waste of tax payer dollars. Ridiculous acts of aggression like these are what brought an end to prohibition. Marijuana is on the verge of being legalized and these monsters go out of their way to bust a cannabis farmer. Un-fricking-believable. Makes me sick. Shame on them, the clowns. Last I checked, there were hundreds of unsolved robberies and car break in's in Mankato, but instead they choose to focus on victimless crime. Disgusting.
John Doe

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Aug 9, 2010
We should just legallize pots all together
Common sense

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Aug 9, 2010
St Paul Mom wrote:
Its only a plant people, omg, quit wasting taxpayers money going after these people!!! Its never killed a single person, time to legalize this plant! Felonies??? You got to be kidding! Go after the violent offenders.....
Another stupid comment. Where do you think cocaine comes from? A plant. Wake up
CopskillKids

Kansas City, KS

#7 Aug 9, 2010
"All three suspects are facing four counts each of fifth-degree felony drug possession and sales. Bail was set at $10,000 for Glenn Sargent during his initial court appearance Tuesday. His son is scheduled to appear in juvenile court next week and Cox is scheduled to make her first court appearance on Aug. 24."

My God,$10,000? Seriously, wtf is wrong with this country. Psychotic.
taxpayer waste

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Aug 9, 2010
OMG,2 ounces. That should really put a dent in the North Mankato cartel which is known to be more violent than the Mexican cartel.
CopskillKids

Kansas City, KS

#9 Aug 9, 2010
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey about a better idea? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Seriously. Pot leads to the next drug. Ever watch cops on Fox. 2 weeks ago they showed a 22 year old tweaking out on meth and he said he started with pot. Give it a break. The laws work and should be even harsher.
Ask any hard core alcoholic what he started on, I'll be he says milk. Your decades old disproven propaganda from the height of drug war hysteria only makes prohibitionists such as yourself look foolish. If "it leads to other things" is the best argument you've got I would encourage you to keep it up, most rational adults can see right through the baseless rhetoric. You're foolish comments help the cause. Thank you.
stephen canavan

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Aug 9, 2010
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Following your line of reasoning(?) bread should be outlawed as it come from the wheat plant.

Twin Cities

#11 Aug 9, 2010
CopskillKids wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask any hard core alcoholic what he started on, I'll be he says milk. Your decades old disproven propaganda from the height of drug war hysteria only makes prohibitionists such as yourself look foolish. If "it leads to other things" is the best argument you've got I would encourage you to keep it up, most rational adults can see right through the baseless rhetoric. You're foolish comments help the cause. Thank you.
Thank you. I was just about to leave a similar response. Slowly but certainly, science is fostering intelligent debate and the fear-mongering will stop. If it were up to Big Pharma, the DEA, and other agencies that profit from the war against otherwise law-abiding marijuana users, the discussion would never take place. If it were up to them, baseless rhetoric like the post you replied to would continue to be accepted as a basis for legislation. It is no longer up to them, and we the people are about to right that wrong through democratic process.
Karl

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Aug 9, 2010
For a couple ounces of bud? Come on! What a waste of public resources!

Since: Jun 10

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Aug 9, 2010
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes a little more than just the plant for cocaine. It is a long and tedious process and involves chemicals like formaldehyde and takes weeks to process. Unlike weed you can just smoke - not much to it....and it is not a violent drug. Personally I think it makes some people VERY lazy but they are not hurting anyone but themselves. Just like people that are drunks or gamblers.
EPS

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Aug 9, 2010
A huge effort for "about 2 ounces."
observer

United States

#15 Aug 9, 2010
good overtime pay, lottsa high fives, fist bumping, pillaging, commands, great bust!
I H8 Weed

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Aug 9, 2010
You break the law, you pay. PERIOD!
matman72

Rochester, MN

#17 Aug 9, 2010
legalize it and tax its @$$ off
Pepsi

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Aug 9, 2010
We the makers of Doritos and other fine snacks wholeheartedly support the legalization of Marijuana.

Twin Cities

#19 Aug 9, 2010
I H8 Weed wrote:
Keep this in mind the next time you have oral sex, or even just sleep in the nude for that matter, as there are laws on the books in Minnesota against that, too. Verify it for yourself. What, those laws are antiquated, you say? Yes, they are, which is why it is up to citizens like us to keep our laws up to date and in keeping with current knowledge and facts and with at least a modicum of common sense. What you do in your home and what you put into your own body of your own free will, so long as it brings harm to no one else, is really not up to me to decide for you, is it?
bad call

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Aug 9, 2010
I H8 Weed wrote:
unless your a cop or an actor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicollet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corey Sass Aug 16 Wondering 1
Boycott The Paw Aug 11 disgusted 1
Brandon lesley Jul '16 Justpassingby 1
Better off than five years ago? (Jul '15) Jul '16 Go Blue Forever 3
karl gregor "zeke" ziemer (Aug '11) Jun '16 Allisonhurst 6
News Eagles Extravaganza Apr '16 Windy Leaf 1
News Four new hotspots you want to know about, plus ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 space ace 1

Nicollet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicollet Mortgages