Kmart stores closing in Monticello an...

Kmart stores closing in Monticello and New Ulm

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities story from Feb 23, 2012, titled Kmart stores closing in Monticello and New Ulm. In it, TwinCities reports that:

The struggling retailer, which runs both the Sears and Kmart retail chains, had previously announced the closings of 79 other Sears and Kmart locations, including Kmart stores in White Bear Lake, New Hope, Duluth, Willmar and in Rice Lake, Wis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

Michelle

New Ulm, MN

#1 Feb 23, 2012
I wish this wasn't true. I would rather shop at Kmart then Walmart any day. Kmart also carries other things that I can't find at target or don't like to buy anywhere else.
Extremely disappointed. That is a very large piece of property that New Ulm will have a hard time filling especially in this economy.
Bummer

United States

#2 Mar 10, 2012
The employees r very sad along with the community. We worked very hard to keep the store clean and had a lot of pride in our store. We tried to be helpful and make a profit but with news circulating that our building got sold nothing could have saved us. The company wanted cash flow and another New Ulm business bought our building-it won't be empty but it will leave an empty spot in our hearts forever!
The Trufe

Arvada, CO

#3 Nov 7, 2012
Walmart owns the world.
The Trufe

Arvada, CO

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Wurd

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicollet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four new hotspots you want to know about, plus ... Jul 1 space ace 2
News Minnesota girl sexually abused by therapist for... Apr '15 majic 1
News North Mankato: Dog rescued after head stuck in ... Mar '15 doctor of love 1
Heritagefest 2005 help needed! Feb '15 ThatguyfromStPaul 1
News Mankato Man Jailed For 3 Months On Mistaken Dru... Feb '15 Enzo49 2
Carrie Wojciak Feb '15 Biloxi Bob 1
Debate: Marijuana - Mankato, MN (Sep '10) Feb '15 MattNasty 14
More from around the web

Nicollet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Nicollet Mortgages