Fearing flu in Minnesota? This hot li...

Fearing flu in Minnesota? This hot line's for you

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 21, 2009, titled Fearing flu in Minnesota? This hot line's for you. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Flu patients seeking medical advice - and perhaps even an antiviral prescription - can call a new state nursing hot line 24 hours a day this influenza season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Beaver Cleaver

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 22, 2009
"This Fear's For You!"

"You will die, you will die! Find out more!"

This is the land of 10,000 losers...
mplsmom

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 22, 2009
I want to know why other states have the H1N1 vaccine and Minnesota doesn't. I have nieces and nephews in other states that got the vaccine at their schools and there are no school or public vaccine clinics in MN>
Unreal

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Oct 22, 2009
I tried that number last night...my daughter is really sick and it took an hour to get someone to call me back, and tell her that she infact had H1N1 only to hear she couldnt get medicine to help with symptoms as she is not in the high risk catagory. I didnt know they were not giving out the medicine to help with the symptoms...I knew the shot was being rationed, but not the medicine...unreal
seriously has flaws

Plymouth, MN

#4 Oct 22, 2009
I called this "hotline" last night. I started having symptoms of the H1N1 yesterday and felt awful. I got through pretty quickly and was talking to a nurse who was going to call the tamiflu in for me. Then as we were trying to find a 24 hour pharmacy by me and we were confence calling the pharmacy we got disconnected and it was just me and the pharmacy person on the phone. I Called back only to be told that the nurses with my insurance carriers only work until 10pm and that's probably why we got disconnected. I could leave my number and have a different nurse call me back in 6 hours! WTF?!?!?!? Why couldn't the nurse finish what they were freaking doing?!?! This has serious flaws and it's something they need to fix ASAP if they want it to actually work!

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#5 Oct 22, 2009
Unreal wrote:
I tried that number last night...my daughter is really sick and it took an hour to get someone to call me back, and tell her that she infact had H1N1 only to hear she couldnt get medicine to help with symptoms as she is not in the high risk catagory. I didnt know they were not giving out the medicine to help with the symptoms...I knew the shot was being rationed, but not the medicine...unreal
I'm sorry to hear your daughter is ill; my prayers for her swift recovery. My four and a half year old nephew picked up H1N1 from his daycare center a couple weeks ago. With his athsma it was a little scary. He was put on Tamiflu immediately. Now his baby brother, 8 months old, has viral pneumonia. My husband works at a hospital in the Twin Cities, though not directly in patient care, and has not received the vaccine either.
ProudtobeanAmeri can

Big Lake, MN

#6 Oct 26, 2009
I called the hotline over the weekend, was told that the don't have protocols to call in prescriptions, they can only give advice and refer you to your physician. The nurse also told me that there is "legal" involved on there end because Minnesota Public Health shouldn't be promoting this hotline number and they are not staffed to handle the influx, the nurse even called me back to get more information on how I got their number to report to her supervisor and legal. SO..... I suggest everyone call the Minnesota Department of Health and ask them what the heck is going on?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicollet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tanning Jun '17 Drift45 1
News This artist is famous, but his name is a secret (Oct '16) Oct '16 chad hatten denver 1
News Four new hotspots you want to know about, plus ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 space ace 1
News Depression program shows promise (Dec '08) Jan '14 Orelie 10
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
News A Transit Fantasy: Take the Pink Line from Frid... (Aug '13) Aug '13 PB in Saint Paul 1
News Will MnDOT respect Highway 14 needs? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Random Person 1

Nicollet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicollet Mortgages