Church of Scientology buys former science museum site in St. Paul

The Church of Scientology has purchased the former Science Museum of Minnesota building in downtown St. Read more
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Polly

Bondi, Australia

#331 Nov 7, 2011
cantmakeitup wrote:
It is a retail establishment selling enlightenment and good health and books and classes toward that end.
It's "selling" things that do not exist. They don't deliver enlightenment and good health, just useless books, classes and lectures/DVD's.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#332 Nov 7, 2011
Polly wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "selling" things that do not exist. They don't deliver enlightenment and good health, just useless books, classes and lectures/DVD's.
All the more reason to take away their status as a tax exempt religion.
Not Raw Meat

Lakeland, FL

#333 Nov 7, 2011
When I viewed the website for scientologynews, there were video clips of the opening of the org where Senator Pappas, the mayor of St. Paul and another MN representative and some man involved with Drug-Free crusades, giving nauseating speeches on how scientology will benefit Ramsey County and the City of St. Paul. Forgive them, they know not what they are involved with. We need to send them copies of Inside Scientology, The Complex, and some of the other famous books and newspaper articles that expose scientology As far as real estate taxes owed, yes, I agree totally. Let's inform Governor Dayton. He seems like a reasonable guy. MNRaid.org may be working on this--they're pretty active and well-organized. Also, the Pioneer Press (St. Paul paper) and the Star Tribune (Minneapolis) have investigative reporters who are intelligent, skilled, and brave--they will report the truth, hopefully.

Rogers, MN

#334 Nov 8, 2011
Not Raw Meat wrote:
When I viewed the website for scientologynews, there were video clips of the opening of the org where Senator Pappas, the mayor of St. Paul and another MN representative and some man involved with Drug-Free crusades, giving nauseating speeches on how scientology will benefit Ramsey County and the City of St. Paul. Forgive them, they know not what they are involved with. We need to send them copies of Inside Scientology, The Complex, and some of the other famous books and newspaper articles that expose scientology As far as real estate taxes owed, yes, I agree totally. Let's inform Governor Dayton. He seems like a reasonable guy. MNRaid.org may be working on this--they're pretty active and well-organized. Also, the Pioneer Press (St. Paul paper) and the Star Tribune (Minneapolis) have investigative reporters who are intelligent, skilled, and brave--they will report the truth, hopefully.
I would be willing to bet that no one in our major media outlets or in our legislature has the moxy to take on the Scientologists. They are heavily armed with a hoard of lawyers just itching to file any number of lawsuits. They also have enough money to purchase (or ruin) as many politicians as they need to do whatever they want to. The local pols and probably the local media are running scared.
Not Raw Meat

Lakeland, FL

#335 Nov 8, 2011
Actually, I don't think the media is very worried about retaliation from scientology. After all, this is the land of 10,000 Lutherans (along with Catholics, Jews, Muslims, etc. etc.)and here in "Lake Wobegon", people pretty much see phonies as they are. They're not at all impressed by Hollywood and movie stars and they know that the extreme crazies eventually leave for California, anyway. And the Siberian-like weather pretty much takes care of anything that's out there acting up. Especially in St. Paul. Remember the "media-jackals" had to deal with Governor Jesse Ventura, so scientologists are nothing.
blubo

London, UK

#336 Nov 8, 2011
Not Raw Meat wrote:
Donating your inheritance and giving away all of your earthly possessions is perfectly fine--after all you can't take it with you when you die. Not sure if your children would be very happy about it, though. But if you must give it all way, at least consider a animal shelter instead of scientology. People at animal shelters don't stalk you, force you to disconnect from our family, degrade and belittle you, brainwash you, badger you to spend more and more on coursework. People at shelters just say "thank you for saving the animals" and the kitties and puppies say "thank you," too. Way more spiritually rewarding!
ohh myy god!! U really need to take urself to an org and find out what scntgy really is about.. Ur so on the wrong page its embarrasing.. Scntgy was discredited in the 50s wen the psych industry shit themselves cos ron had worked out the connection between spirit mind body . How cud the psychs carry on makin billions if people werent confused anymore. 1200 kids are put on ritilin and other mind alterin drugs every week in the uk. Scntlgy is the ONLY organisation fighting against that. U need to luk into the NWO also.
Slick

Vancouver, WA

#337 Nov 8, 2011
blubo wrote:
<quoted text> ohh myy god!! U really need to take urself to an org and find out what scntgy really is about.. Ur so on the wrong page its embarrasing.. Scntgy was discredited in the 50s wen the psych industry shit themselves cos ron had worked out the connection between spirit mind body . How cud the psychs carry on makin billions if people werent confused anymore. 1200 kids are put on ritilin and other mind alterin drugs every week in the uk. Scntlgy is the ONLY organisation fighting against that. U need to luk into the NWO also.
Hi troll. You really believe you can make us think you're a Scientologist?

However, it was a nice but illiterate imitation of a Scientologist.

Keep on trollin'!

Rogers, MN

#338 Nov 8, 2011
Not Raw Meat wrote:
Actually, I don't think the media is very worried about retaliation from scientology. After all, this is the land of 10,000 Lutherans (along with Catholics, Jews, Muslims, etc. etc.)and here in "Lake Wobegon", people pretty much see phonies as they are. They're not at all impressed by Hollywood and movie stars and they know that the extreme crazies eventually leave for California, anyway. And the Siberian-like weather pretty much takes care of anything that's out there acting up. Especially in St. Paul. Remember the "media-jackals" had to deal with Governor Jesse Ventura, so scientologists are nothing.
They should be. These guys are one of the biggest single filers of lawsuits in the country. And they are already courting our pols and community leaders..."Senator Pappas, the mayor of St. Paul and another MN representative and some man involved with Drug-Free crusades, giving nauseating speeches on how scientology will benefit Ramsey County and the City of St. Paul" my eye!! When do you ever hear of this taking place with anything but a new business? No tax exempt status for these charlatans.
Polly

Bondi, Australia

#339 Nov 8, 2011
blubo wrote:
<quoted text> ohh myy god!! U really need to take urself to an org and find out what scntgy really is about.. Ur so on the wrong page its embarrasing..
If only you realized how silly you look. The *only* place to find out about scientology is *onlk* scientology and the law courts should be ignored?
blubo wrote:
Scntgy was discredited in the 50s wen the psych industry shit themselves
Actually, no. Dianetics and hubbard's dianetic theory were proven to be faslse. It's in the history books should you care to "look for yourself"

The *only* one to "shit themselves" was LRH himself. Hence, why P.A.B Dr of Divinity was born. You know possibly zero about the actuality of scientology/dianetics. Hubbard morphed dianetics into scientology because he went bust in Wichita and for the "religion" angle. Yet another documented *fact* in the history books.
blubo wrote:
cos ron had worked out the connection between spirit mind body .
More like he found a way to start his own religion.
blubo wrote:
How cud the psychs carry on makin billions if people werent confused anymore. 1200 kids are put on ritilin and other mind alterin drugs every week in the uk. Scntlgy is the ONLY organisation fighting against that. U need to luk into the NWO also.
But it was okay for Lron to beg the psychs before he wrote dianetics?
http://www.ronthenut.org/beg2.gif

See for yourself and test *real* confront

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#340 Nov 8, 2011
Polly wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it wasn't a religion? WTF?

Rogers, MN

#341 Nov 9, 2011
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it wasn't a religion? WTF?
It all depends on who you ask. I would say it's not because it displays most if not all of the traits ascribed to cults and because I want their tax exempt status taken away. But then again, I am at the point that I want all religions to start paying taxes.
blubo

London, UK

#342 Nov 9, 2011
Slick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi troll. You really believe you can make us think you're a Scientologist?
However, it was a nice but illiterate imitation of a Scientologist.
Keep on trollin'!
wat the nobs are u talkin about?
blubo

London, UK

#343 Nov 9, 2011
Polly wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you realized how silly you look. The *only* place to find out about scientology is *onlk* scientology and the law courts should be ignored?
<quoted text>
Actually, no. Dianetics and hubbard's dianetic theordt.org/beg2.gif
u look like a complete kok . Period. U know nothing of the truth . U live in confusion. Confront?? I confronted ur bullshat long time ago . i see straight thru it just like i see straight thru u. fear and confusion at the core . I cud slap u into shape in no time hav u walkin down the right path. But ur tooo wacko.... for...*real*
blubo

London, UK

#344 Nov 9, 2011
Scam Artists wrote:
Scientology is a cult, NOT a religion. For it to have tax-exempt status is ridiculous.
cults destroy themselves for lack of truth scntgy just gets bigger and better baby !!
blubo

London, UK

#345 Nov 9, 2011
Polly wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Actually, no. Dianetics and hubbard's dianetic theory were proven to be faslse. It's in the history books should you care to "look for yourself"
The *only* one to "shit themselves" was LRH himself. Hence, why P.A.B Dr of Divinity was born. You know possibly zero about the actuality of scientology/dianetics. Hubbard morphed dianetics into scientology because he went bust in Wichita and for the "religion" angle. Yet another documented *fact* in the history books.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
But it was okay for Lron to beg the psychs before he wrote dianetics?
http://www.ronthenut.org/beg2.gif
read dianetics and confront some truths for the first time in ur lonely life .. Www.pollythenut.org

“Slick | Just Bill”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#346 Nov 9, 2011
This "blubo" is not a Scientologist but he IS nuts.

What is it with Scientology? Scientology trolls like "Human Spit" come here and claim "I am not a Scientologist"; then non-Scientologists like this "blubo" and "marcotai" who haven't a clue try to convince us they ARE Scientologists.

Strange people clustered around a very strange cult.

Free entertainment.
Rachel99

Greenwood, IN

#347 Nov 9, 2011
Just another org that will sit empty, except for the few poor saps on staff working for $50 a week and eating beans and rice 3 x a day.

Expanding like never before!

“Honorary Squirrel Buster”

Since: Apr 07

Tulsa, OK

#348 Nov 9, 2011
the troll wrote:
<quoted text> cults destroy themselves for lack of truth scntgy just gets bigger and better baby !!
HOW COME YOU'RE NOT A SCIENTOLOGIST DAZ? WHERE ARE YOUR PHOTO'S OF THE PLAY IN EDINBURGH, WHICH YOU WERE TO UPLOAD DIRECTLY IN 2007, DAZ?
Not Raw Meat

Lakeland, FL

#349 Nov 11, 2011
So is Daz = Blubo = Matthaus? Three trolls in one? It seems that Blubo and Matt have an identical, abysmally low level of literacy, as evidenced by certain characteristics in their nonstandard English, "text-speak". Period.

As far as Blubo threatening to beat up Polly when he writes "I cud slap u into shape in no time", shouldn't he be reported due to the violent, threatening nature of the message? Perhaps he was just doing his homework for the David Miscavage Slapping Course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicollet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Mankato: Dog rescued after head stuck in ... Mon doctor of love 1
Heritagefest 2005 help needed! Feb '15 ThatguyfromStPaul 1
News Mankato Man Jailed For 3 Months On Mistaken Dru... Feb '15 Enzo49 2
Carrie Wojciak Feb '15 Biloxi Bob 1
Debate: Marijuana - Mankato, MN (Sep '10) Feb '15 MattNasty 14
Review: Sam & Abes Childcare Learning & Develo Jan '15 Disappointed 1
News ESSENCE Network: TravelNoire.com Founder On Tra... Jan '15 williewilliamajr123 1
Nicollet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Nicollet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]