Church of Scientology buys former science museum site in St. Paul

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Church of Scientology has purchased the former Science Museum of Minnesota building in downtown St.
Comments
1 - 20 of 339 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2011
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Scam Artists

Saint Paul, MN

#1 May 11, 2010
Scientology is a cult, NOT a religion. For it to have tax-exempt status is ridiculous.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
EYE C U

United States

#2 May 11, 2010
Well that's just GREAT!

A WallMart style Abortion clinic and now the Mormons on Acid are moving in to bigger place.

An the guy above is CORRECT O MOONDO--Not a Religion.
JayDee

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 12, 2010
Yep.

Cult.

If you HAVE to pay money to belong, it's not a church.
not raw meat

River Falls, WI

#4 Dec 12, 2010
That news article is dated Oct. 2009. The latest is that the Minneapolis org is closed, The St. Paul museum site is still under construction--forever, it seems, and disrupting parking space in downtown St.Paul and that there is temporary, small org somewhere in the skyway. Never fear, MN anons are already planning their protests for St. Paul, after a very successful "Rawktober" finale protest on the weekend of 10/10/10 (see You tube footage- its' excellent). If you need more background on all of this visit mnraid.org . The MN anons really ROCK and continue to be committed, creative, and a force of nature!
Iggy

Australia

#5 Dec 22, 2010
That's great news.
HollywoodRon

Riverside, CA

#6 Jan 10, 2011
I took my son to a Church of Scientology because he had trouble in school - couldn't read at an acceptable level, teachers couldn't help. He learned how to study in the Church of Scientology and he's well on his way to his 4 year degree at university.

So I guess it's ok with people that a "Church" says it eats the body and drinks the blood of a guy who died 2,000 years ago. It's ok to sell "heaven" for 10% of your earnings.

Go figure on who the cult is.
icouldusesomehel p

Long Beach, CA

#7 Jan 10, 2011
HollywoodRon wrote:
I took my son to a Church of Scientology because he had trouble in school - couldn't read at an acceptable level, teachers couldn't help. He learned how to study in the Church of Scientology and he's well on his way to his 4 year degree at university.
So I guess it's ok with people that a "Church" says it eats the body and drinks the blood of a guy who died 2,000 years ago. It's ok to sell "heaven" for 10% of your earnings.
What could be more whacko than the Vatican?
Bruin

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Jan 10, 2011
HollywoodRon wrote:
I know of a man who couldn't keep his hands off the throats of young women uintil they were dead. They put him in prison whee he never choked another woman, however he died of Aids.. I guess it all depends on the environment.

“"Molon Labe"”

Since: Oct 09

North Afghanistan

#9 Jan 10, 2011
HollywoodRon wrote:
Nice....how much did you pay the "Church" for this miracle??

Me? I helped my kid by studying with him....you know, parental responsibility??

Didnt have to pray with my Visa, or wait for "Zetans" to float down in thier little spacehip to carry him off to another planet.

When you want to study the "Church of Scientology", do you look in the Fantasy, or Science Fiction section of a book store??
Jus Sayin

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jan 10, 2011
Doc Savage wrote:
<quoted text>

When you want to study the "Church of Scientology", do you look in the Fantasy, or Science Fiction section of a book store??
They're like the Watchtower cult...you have to buy your literature and doo-dads factory direct.
Tru Dat

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jan 10, 2011
I heard that the tragic death of John Travolta's young son could have been prevented with medication, but because of his affiliation with the church, he was not allowed the drugs and died. I don't know if this is true, but I do remember Tom Cruise railing against legal drugs to anyone who would listen. He's the poster boy for Scientology.
icouldusesomehel p

Long Beach, CA

#12 Jan 10, 2011
HERE'S ONE FOR YOU!

What would people say if the Scientology folks said they could talk to an invisible guy in outer space And they talked about building arks, feeding a bunch of people with a few fish, and they went on about parting the seas, resurrection and all sorts of crazy stuff.

What a laugh that would be!
icouldusesomehel p

Long Beach, CA

#13 Jan 10, 2011
Doc Savage wrote:
<quoted text>
Me? I helped my kid by studying with him....you know, parental responsibility??
Didnt have to pray with my Visa, or wait for "Zetans" to float down in thier little spacehip to carry him off to another planet.

When you want to study the "Catholic church" where do you look? Same place, I'd say...

Since: Dec 07

St Paul, MN

#14 Jan 10, 2011
icouldusesomehel p wrote:
<quoted text>
When you want to study the "Catholic church" where do you look? Same place, I'd say...
Ok, your comment might be witty if it hadn't already been said before... and also if it pertained to the actual post you are quoting. Nowhere here does it say anything about the catholic church anywhere in that post. You are the one singling it out. The original poster was merely commenting on parental responsibility.
Bruin

Phoenix, AZ

#16 Jan 10, 2011
Icouldusesomehel p wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a bitter fat person.
Is your whole family fat?
How much would the church of scientology charge him to make him slim? Is there a family rate? What if the whole family was bitter?

Since: Dec 07

St Paul, MN

#17 Jan 10, 2011
Icouldusesomehel p wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a bitter fat person.
Is your whole family fat?
didn't i see you post this in another thread? yeah, original... and as a matter of fact, I'm average... perfectly average. But luckily for me, that only applies to weight. I obviously am far more intelligent than you could ever hope to be.

“"Molon Labe"”

Since: Oct 09

North Afghanistan

#18 Jan 11, 2011
icouldusesomehel p wrote:
<quoted text>
wouldnt know...I'm not Catholic......Im with the new reformed church of orthodox Paganism.

You know, dancing naked under the moon with lots of women....and I dont have to pay for it or give up real medicine.

“Slick | Just Bill”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#19 Jan 11, 2011
HollywoodRon wrote:
You, of course, know that the Church of Scientology TRIED to get their "amazing Study Tech" into public schools. And what happened? It was tested and found NOT TO WORK. Yes, it doesn't work.

This "amazing" tech isn't in ANY non-Scientology school because IT DOESN'T WORK.

You see, in the REAL world, you have to back up your grandiose claims with ACTUAL PROOF. Just BELIEVING isn't enough -- in the REAL world.
icouldusesomehel p

Long Beach, CA

#20 Jan 11, 2011
Doc Savage wrote:
<quoted text>
wouldnt know...I'm not Catholic......Im with the new reformed church of orthodox Paganism.
You know, dancing naked under the moon with lots of women....and I dont have to pay for it or give up real medicine.
We have something out here that's just like your deal.

It's headquartered at Charlie Sheen's house.
not raw meat

River Falls, WI

#21 Jan 23, 2011
You're right icouldusesomehel p-you COULD use some help. Try getting out of Long Beach and you probably won't need to pay for therapy to fix your need to insult and bully people.
HollywoodRon: there is nothing more powerful than a parent spending time with a child, reading and writing with him or her. Have fun with your son reading and analyzing the sports pages, the comics, fantasy novels like Harry Potter, joke books, Word Records Books, Ripley's Believe it or Not, etc. Just 30 minutes a day will work miracles with your son. Also, have him make shopping lists, thank you notes, letters to grandparents, write ghost stories, letters home from camp, etc. Also, let him see YOU reading and writing and enjoying it. All of this is free and can be done anytime at home. Plus it will make him feel that you feel he is an important person worthy of your time.
P.S. Study Tech has now been banned in the U.S. from all public schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicollet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Go Blue Forever 848
I go charged double at Dickeys barbecue. Don't go! Jul '14 Joyce 8
Know Your Enemy: Minnesota (Sep '13) Jul '14 Sneaky Pete 3
Mankato's historic post office seeks new life a... Jul '14 Jeanie Cooke Fred... 2
charity craft show Jul '14 Tracy 1
Free IMVU credits Jun '14 Yo mama 1
karl gregor "zeke" ziemer (Aug '11) Jun '14 abcdeftg 5
•••
•••
•••

Nicollet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Nicollet People Search