Nickelsville Days
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jimmy Chow

Columbia, SC

#1 Apr 28, 2011
Has anyone heard if this event is going to be a big disaster this year. Nickelsville days was a blast in the past but seems like it sucks anymore. I have heard alot has todo with the old foggies who plan it if this is true how do we get rid of them and put someone in charge who can rock Nickelsville again.
Chrysta Schumacher

Smyrna, TN

#2 Apr 28, 2011
Jimmy Chow wrote:
Has anyone heard if this event is going to be a big disaster this year. Nickelsville days was a blast in the past but seems like it sucks anymore. I have heard alot has todo with the old foggies who plan it if this is true how do we get rid of them and put someone in charge who can rock Nickelsville again.
Well, Jimmy, it seems like you have a lot to say on several subjects don't you... The "old foggies" you talk about have been there a lot longer than you soooo "Mr.Chow" get a life outside of there and leave the community alone, you "dipchit".
Just A Reader

Gate City, VA

#3 Apr 29, 2011
Jimmy Chow wrote:
Who in their right mind would want to "Rock Nickelsville", where most of the population is above the age of 30. No its youngins that want to "ROCK", and thats why its a respectable town function, it hasnt been overrun by ppl who want to turn it into some sort of concert for the ppl under the legal drinking age. Its ran by respectable members of this town,not a bunch of kids so it'll probably (in your words) "SUCK" for years to come. I admit when they sent the activities to the park it got mundain but its still a good place to go on a Spring evening without having to worry about getting shot or stabbed.
hah

Gate City, VA

#4 Apr 29, 2011
Yeah, its the time of year when all the drug-addled trash crawls out of their trailer and congregate in the park. I always thought it was kind of a joke. Good time to take a vacation.
Just saying

Nickelsville, VA

#5 Apr 29, 2011
Well " hah" why don't you get that vacation scheduled we don't need crap like you in town now or then.
Jimmy Chow

Boiling Springs, SC

#6 May 1, 2011
Im just saying that Nickelsville Days needs to be like it was in the earlier years. When they had it in town it was 100 times better. They need to bring a dj back for the street dance instead of the damn boring band they get. And yes this problem is cause by the old foggies who run this show we need people who can think things other than boring ass arts and crafts and a cake walk. If they want this stuff then Brian Center in Weber City is taking patients.
WTF

Damascus, VA

#7 May 1, 2011
Jimmy Chow wrote:
Im just saying that Nickelsville Days needs to be like it was in the earlier years. When they had it in town it was 100 times better. They need to bring a dj back for the street dance instead of the damn boring band they get. And yes this problem is cause by the old foggies who run this show we need people who can think things other than boring ass arts and crafts and a cake walk. If they want this stuff then Brian Center in Weber City is taking patients.
Amazing you would refer to the Brian Center, isn't that where you put your own mother?
I heard

Gate City, VA

#8 May 1, 2011
The people who do it try to get more input... they ask kids in high school what they want.. and they just say they don't know. If you want something new, or different.. just tell them.
I know

Nickelsville, VA

#9 May 1, 2011
I heard wrote:
The people who do it try to get more input... they ask kids in high school what they want.. and they just say they don't know. If you want something new, or different.. just tell them.
the majority os the kids are so strung out they probably don't what they would want . I know because I go to TS and that is what the majority is.
To Just A Reader

Gate City, VA

#10 May 4, 2011
@ Just A Reader.....What is your definition of "Rock"? Nickelsville Days could "Rock" and still be a respectable town function! I guess then you think FunFest is not a respectable event? Nickelsville Days needs to have events for its' youth...Town in general needs to think about its' youth(future)! There is nothing in this town for its' youth to do!
Jimmy Chow

Greer, SC

#11 May 4, 2011
Thats what I ment we need for events for the younger generation instead of arts, crafts, and bluegrass music. Fun Fest is a blast and Nickelsville Days could be the same if we people who would consider doing other stuff other than for the elderly generation.
Speakyourmind

Gate City, VA

#12 May 4, 2011
They need to form a committee of younger people, they might have some very good ideas! And I agree it should be in town!
I heard

Gate City, VA

#13 May 4, 2011
It's less safe in town. They have it in the park because they don't want kids running in the road.
Jimmy Chow

Greer, SC

#14 May 4, 2011
Yeah but if you have it in town again it wouldnt be restricted like it is at the park. They cant use all the park due to Joe Meade.
To Just A Reader

Gate City, VA

#15 May 5, 2011
I am guessing that you are saying it is less safe in town due to traffic.....Well SCSO needs to be in town to take care of the traffic(idiot drivers) also there is a back street that traffic could be rerouted around.
I am sorry to say but the town has a select few that decide everything no matter what suggestions they hear!
Jimmy Chow

United States

#16 May 5, 2011
They say that Highway 71 cant be shut down due to it being a main stretch of highway. Every year Nickelsville Planning Comm. tells everyone that they have lots of new vendors and stuff but when it comes time for the event they never show its always the same old crap. I went last year and was suprised at the helicopters came thought that was really interesting. I asked one of the people who helps plan this event why they didnt use the fielda for stuff and their exact words was Joe Meade wont allow it. Well my question is who the hell does Joe Meade think he is and when is someone going to get the balls to stand up to this man.
To Just A Reader

Gate City, VA

#17 May 5, 2011
@Jimmy Chow....did not know that 71 could not be shut down! So I guess that is where SCSO needs to step in and watch the idiots that want to be seen in their cars or show off in their cars! LOL! I know the answer to my next question is going to be about timing but then how do they shut 71 down for the parades(like I said I guess it is all about the time that it is closed down...parades take all of 15 minutes).
Maybe you can answer a question for me who owns the park? I have heard many stories to this!
Jimmy Chow

Clover, SC

#18 May 5, 2011
Parades doesnt take but a short period of time for as if it was to be shut down for a long period of time larger trucks could not make the turns at the post office. And dont know the gentlemans first name but his last name is Keith. The park was never supposed to have his name in the title but some screwed up and used it. Joe Meade acts like he owns it as well as the guy in the gray Ford F150. Until someone gets the balls to standup to those to then they will continue to run the park. And noone will be able to use the park for what it was ment for.
Just Wondering

Nickelsville, VA

#19 May 6, 2011
Mr. Chow why do you have such a horrible dislike on Joe Meade. Someone has to take charge of the park otherwise it becomes a trash pile. After that the real trash comes. I would assume when Juanita Keith and her husband made the land available there was provisions. It is such a beautiful addition to our little town we don't want a bunch of hoodlums running it down. On the the sheriff's department oversees the parade and tries to make sure it gets off and completed without anyone getting hurt.
Just Wondering

Nickelsville, VA

#20 May 6, 2011
Also Mr Chow you can tell you need to proof read or use you dictionary meant is not spelled ment. You do that all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nickelsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mexican restaurant in town 1 hr VirginiaTech2002 3
Donald Trump aint our guy (Sep '15) 1 hr VirginiaTech2002 37
2016 MTV Music Awards 1 hr VirginiaTech2002 1
Curious 1 hr Really 3
Donald Trump? 1 hr VirginiaTech2002 11
How many games will Gate City Football win this... 2 hr Satan is a devil 44
possession by unclean spirit of epilepsy, anxie... 6 hr Toby 9

Nickelsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance