Friends of Jessamine Animals - Dog Na...

Friends of Jessamine Animals - Dog Nappers

Posted in the Nicholasville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Angry Pet Owner

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jul 7, 2011
A friend of mine in Nicholasville had his yorkie in his fenced yard for 10 minutes. They came out and there was two ladies trying to get the yorkie out of the yard. He asked what they were doing and they claimed he was abusing the dog and they were going to take him. His dog is one of the most well cared for dogs I have ever seen. When he asked who the hell they were they said they were from friends of the animals of jessamine county rescue group and that they were going to find a better home for the dogs. Needless to say my friend chased them away from his property.
Better watch your dogs to make sure these people don't steal your dog!!!!!
crazy

Lexington, KY

#2 Jul 7, 2011
These people are nuts! They think that they have some kind of authority but they have none what so ever. And them and the save people wonder why the county wanted to run the animal shelter, neither group has any clue what they are doing.
heather

Lexington, KY

#3 Jul 8, 2011
wonder if that is who took my cat he was missing for 2 weeks showed up with stiches in his bellie. my vet said it looks like they tryed to spay HIM even though he is a nutered male. she said some group was going around and having all the female strays fixed then letting them go again witch is ok if its is a stray and FEMALE thankfully he is ok!
AAAAAA

AOL

#4 Jul 8, 2011
Some woman stole a friends dog ,and demanded money for shots and vet care which the dog had already had ! She was advertizing on CL to sale the dog . They was lucky to get the dog back ,which they had for several years !
Jimmy Dean

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Jul 8, 2011
There is some waky wakoes out there! Lol
just wondering

Lexington, KY

#6 Jul 9, 2011
I have heard a lot of crazy things about that friends of the animal group. accusing people of abusing there dogs. having cops bust out windows to get a dog out of car that has been in there for a couple minutes. taking dogs and selling them to other people. there leader is supposed to be a real crazy lady that has been ranting and raving at the county meetings.
LOL

Louisville, KY

#7 Jul 15, 2011
You people make laugh. Friends is a great organization of caring people who just want to help homeless animals find homes. My dog was adopted from them. Maybe aliens took you cat and tried to spay it. Honestly!
LOL

Louisville, KY

#8 Jul 15, 2011
crazy wrote:
These people are nuts! They think that they have some kind of authority but they have none what so ever. And them and the save people wonder why the county wanted to run the animal shelter, neither group has any clue what they are doing.
When the county ran the shelter before it was a total mess. I don't hope for any better this time!
kykat

Lexington, KY

#9 Jul 15, 2011
I agree- before anyone goes to BASH an organization that has helped the animals as much
as Friends has- they need to learn more about the group....this is a wonderful group of people. They do not steal animals- or sell animals.
Yeppers

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Jul 15, 2011
For one what vet is going to try and spay a male, and stitch it's belly, they would not have a license. LOL There is a program called TNR....spay neuter and release for FREE from vets so these cats will stop reproducing since the cheap owners won't get them fixed. This is a program done everywhere! If the cops bust out the window of a vehicle because a dog is in a hot car then it is because they wanted to, not because the LEADER of the GROUP held a gun to his head! Your negative comments are insane and make not one ounce of sense. Also rescue groups have to come with police not themselves to take uncared for animals from people. This group or any group can't come without police approval, and that happens anywhere. Sounds like a lot of jealousy going on of this group. Animal Hater? Seems that way. I don't see any other group setting up at areas in the county to help find pets a home. These other people never set up adoption events they would just rather euthenize!
Pet Owner

Douglas, GA

#11 Jul 15, 2011
So explain why the two ladies with the group were taking a dog out of a persons yard? You people are nuts.
Yeppers

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Jul 15, 2011
you seem to know so much about it, so ask the person that owned the dog since they know these two ladies were from the group! The group does not run around house to house stealing dogs. Who sounds nuts??
Wondering

Lexington, KY

#13 Jul 17, 2011
I adopted one of my dogs from the Friends and try and help them as much as I can and I have to say you all have lost your minds. They are a great group doing a lot to help out the animals. The shelter here in town is a joke, I went in with my daughter and few weeks ago and she left in tears it was so bad and I took pictures to prove it....when they received the dog I got from the shelter he was sooo sick and could have died but the friends ensured he and his brothers and sisters received the medical care they needed now 7 months later I have the best dog I have ever owned...I also know if I could never feed these two dogs here I could call Friends and they would help me feed them until I got on my feet..before you go passing judgement know your facts...
Pet Owner

United States

#14 Jul 24, 2011
Wondering you are nuts. I stopped in the shelter before the county decided to take it over and it was clean, the animals well taken care of.
Sounds like Friends likes to take peoples pets if they are little toy dogs, takes them right out of their yards. Heard a lot of things about their leadership and that they are a bit of their rockers. With the story above I know can believe every word.
countyinsider

Nicholasville, KY

#15 Aug 10, 2011
people in the know in the county are saying this group and its leader, Hager, is being investigated for attempted theft and theft of other dogs. seems a couple of dogs that they sent out of state had microchips with owners names that had been searching for missing dogs and they got reported in by other rescue groups. wow talk about overzealous.
lost cause

United States

#16 Aug 11, 2011
Needing to stir the pot again on here. There are many animals that get microchips and still get turned into the shelter. These animals all get vetted before leaving the state or going to local homes. They also have vets that will microchip so I guess they are double microchiping or switching them out with new ones. LOL. Your allegations of off the wall crap once again are insane. So sorry for you and your jealousy of caring people working FREE to save animals. Your life must be full of hatred.
countyinsider

Nicholasville, KY

#17 Aug 11, 2011
lost cause. When owners report dogs stolen and they show up in other states, I think that is a valid reason for a persons to be investigated. Would you want your pet stolen, then "rescued" to another state?
lol

United States

#18 Aug 11, 2011
This is so funny! People think of the craziest things to say....Friends of the animals...and their leader, Hager, lol are great people. I love seeing them out and about every weekend! They're happy to help...
lost cause

United States

#19 Aug 11, 2011
So true, they are an awesome group who work for the animals. They are a great rescue group that saves many animals lives when others won't. Some people try to make up so many far fetched stories, I feel sorry for them. They will continue to be a voice for the animals because they want to. GOD bless them.
Kim

United States

#20 Aug 11, 2011
These posts about the "Leader" sounds like someone landed from a space ship. Such crazy false things being said. Seems like not only animals in the counties are needing help but hateful people as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brian hummel 54 min haha 3
Is this you? 1 hr Dfrnt Prsn 1
Crystal Brock 1 hr Curious 1
Fefe 5 hr The real Faleshia... 17
Shanda Cameron Mclean.....Whats wrong with her?... 7 hr Stalker 6
New bar opening 8 hr duhhh 2
Erin raye thompson 13 hr Urbout2bhad 170
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicholasville Mortgages