Do you approve of Eva L. McDaniel as ...

Do you approve of Eva L. McDaniel as County Clerk and Elections Officer?

Posted in the Nicholasville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kathy

Lexington, KY

#1 Feb 6, 2012
Eva has brought the county into this century. she has fought tooth and nail to modernise the office of county clerk. Streamlining the work, and making it more accessible to the public. She works over and above normal business hours in order that things run smoothly. The office staff in her office turn over less than any other office in the court house. The reason is simple. Her staff is loyal, because she stands behind them. Yes she expects them to work hard, but she works harder.
Tax Payer

Lexington, KY

#2 Feb 6, 2012
Kathy wrote:
Eva has brought the county into this century. she has fought tooth and nail to modernise the office of county clerk. Streamlining the work, and making it more accessible to the public. She works over and above normal business hours in order that things run smoothly. The office staff in her office turn over less than any other office in the court house. The reason is simple. Her staff is loyal, because she stands behind them. Yes she expects them to work hard, but she works harder.
I'm sorry but I disagree with you.She has know idea what goes on in that office.Some, not all of her employees are very rude and act like they are doing you a favor by waiting on you.I send my husband because he is more laid back than I am.It's time for all new people in the courthouse.
Tax Payer

Lexington, KY

#3 Feb 6, 2012
*No* Topix police!
yea

Lexington, KY

#4 Feb 6, 2012
U are right, they are very rude people!

Since: Mar 10

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Feb 7, 2012
I think the world of Eva, we couldn't have a nicer and harder working county clerk. True some of the employees can be rude at times, but when you have a job that involves being cussed out by the public and getting blamed for things in which they have no control over. Some days it is hard to put on a happy face.
Hailey

Lexington, KY

#6 Feb 7, 2012
Eva is GREAT!!
Observer

Nicholasville, KY

#7 Feb 7, 2012
Eva runs a much better and far more "citizen-friendly" clerk's office than Fayette County.

Try going to the Fayette County Clerk's office on a Saturday morning and see if they are open, or try to pay with a personal check in Fayette County.

Yes, she does have ONE employee who needs to go, but overall I wouldn't want to trade offices with our neighbors to the Northeast.
WOW

United States

#8 Feb 8, 2012
Eva Jacobs McDaniels is typical of why this county is the way it is! Her lack of responsible handling of this office should send up a flag to every citizen in Jessamine County.
Allowing one clerk to do what she does and get by with it is an abomination! We all know when she is, what she does yet the only thing Eva is worried about is VOTES !
CAREER POLLITICIANS, are like the fleas in carpet!
Once you got them, its a real task to try and get rid of them
Eva has built a voter based employees shield around her !
Those select employees are connected to families, and can draw votes making it almost impossible to remove her from office. There should be TERM LIMITS to prevent these political big wigs from creating a power base that prevents their ouster !
One thing that has stuck with me for many years was an Election Promise which Eva Jacobs MADE and then POOF it was gone as quickly as butterflies in winter !
QUOTE!!!! "I'LL KEEP THIS OFFICE OPEN ONE NIGHT A WEEK TO ACCOMMODATE THE WORKING PEOPLE OF JESSAMINE COUNTY WHO CAN'T MAKE IT ON SATURDAY WHO HAVE BUSINESS WITH THIS OFFICE"
Want to know how long it lasted! ONE (1) WEEK!
Then it went back to the old schedule which Eva wad against during election campaign.. Just like everyone else that's an elected official with the EXCEPTION OF Doug Fain! Doug is an asset to our County !
KEEP Doug Fain in. Office, and get Rid of the rest!
Keep Our New Coroner, He deserves a chance, get rid of the rest...
OUR CHILDREN DESERVE BETTER, OUR COUNTY DESERVES BETTER!
The county has SURPLUS FUNDS, which NEAL CASSITY sits on, and is another Boss Hog just like the late Sherman Dean!
REMEMBER PEOPLE, these ELECTED OFFICIALS work for us as Taxpayers of Jessamine County,, Not the other way around! VOTE, VOTE, VOTE, let's get people who want to serve, not people who line their pockets and disrespect and berate us !
WOW

United States

#9 Feb 8, 2012
Kathy wrote:
Only thing the deputies are good for is to draw votes from their connections, to keep this career politician in office..

Eva could care less about people in this county, then when their gone, go to the funeral home and pat their family on the back and shake hands with everyone in the building.. "HONEY" " I'm so sorry about your loss, ect..

"Honey up on this !". It is so sickening that they can't be sincere for a moment, especially when you're face to face in the office much less show up when you're DEAD!
Hateful

Lexington, KY

#10 Feb 8, 2012
I watched her throw a stack of papers back at my husband..pages flew everywhere..called him "stupid" and said to come back when "you get it figured out". I don't think she'll ever be voted out, but it would make me happy to see it. Of course, when I went in there to do 20 license renewals for the company I work for, I thought she was going to kiss me. She knows who to suck up to.
Cathy

Warner Robins, GA

#11 Feb 9, 2012
I have always voted for Eva, but I won't next time unless she get rid of her rude employee.
HKMAN

Lexington, KY

#12 Apr 22, 2012
I LOVE EVA!(only Democrat I have ever voted for!) but I have to agree, her employees are some of rudest people I have ever dealt with in my 42 years! They have to go. Ridiculous to say the least.
truth

Demotte, IN

#13 Apr 22, 2012
The clerks,not all but most,are not very good at working with the public.They complicate things that they could make very simple and then treat the citizens very rude.Their job is to handle the publics problems,not make them more complicated!Wonder if her duties as election officer has any bearing on her repeated success at the polls?I would think any qualified candidate in the next election would surely be an improvement over her proven insensitivity
that she brings to this office.

Since: Mar 12

Lexington, KY

#14 Apr 22, 2012
who is the rude person
truth

Demotte, IN

#15 Apr 22, 2012
ButtonPusher75 wrote:
who is the rude person
Dont want to be too disrespectful,so Ill just say the uh..older lady that wears all the makeup is the worst and I dont know any by name but there is 2or3 more that need to learn to deal with the public better than they do.Been having to deal with this office for many years and anything requiring a little effort on theyre part seems to get more complicated than it needs to be.They are obviously not motivated to HELP the citizens.Treats people like dumbazzes.Its THEIR JOB to ASSIST the public!
tabitha

Lexington, KY

#16 Apr 22, 2012
ButtonPusher75 wrote:
who is the rude person
We all call her lizard lady.Her skin is so tanned it looks like lizard skin.She's really rude!
truth

Demotte, IN

#17 Apr 22, 2012
tabitha wrote:
<quoted text>We all call her lizard lady.Her skin is so tanned it looks like lizard skin.She's really rude!
DITTO
marti

Lexington, KY

#18 Apr 22, 2012
WOW wrote:
Eva Jacobs McDaniels is typical of why this county is the way it is! Her lack of responsible handling of this office should send up a flag to every citizen in Jessamine County.
Allowing one clerk to do what she does and get by with it is an abomination! We all know when she is, what she does yet the only thing Eva is worried about is VOTES !
CAREER POLLITICIANS, are like the fleas in carpet!
Once you got them, its a real task to try and get rid of them
Eva has built a voter based employees shield around her !
Those select employees are connected to families, and can draw votes making it almost impossible to remove her from office. There should be TERM LIMITS to prevent these political big wigs from creating a power base that prevents their ouster !
One thing that has stuck with me for many years was an Election Promise which Eva Jacobs MADE and then POOF it was gone as quickly as butterflies in winter !
QUOTE!!!! "I'LL KEEP THIS OFFICE OPEN ONE NIGHT A WEEK TO ACCOMMODATE THE WORKING PEOPLE OF JESSAMINE COUNTY WHO CAN'T MAKE IT ON SATURDAY WHO HAVE BUSINESS WITH THIS OFFICE"
Want to know how long it lasted! ONE (1) WEEK!
Then it went back to the old schedule which Eva wad against during election campaign.. Just like everyone else that's an elected official with the EXCEPTION OF Doug Fain! Doug is an asset to our County !
KEEP Doug Fain in. Office, and get Rid of the rest!
Keep Our New Coroner, He deserves a chance, get rid of the rest...
OUR CHILDREN DESERVE BETTER, OUR COUNTY DESERVES BETTER!
The county has SURPLUS FUNDS, which NEAL CASSITY sits on, and is another Boss Hog just like the late Sherman Dean!
REMEMBER PEOPLE, these ELECTED OFFICIALS work for us as Taxpayers of Jessamine County,, Not the other way around! VOTE, VOTE, VOTE, let's get people who want to serve, not people who line their pockets and disrespect and berate us !
If you're going to talk about someone at least get the name right. Her name is not Eva Jacobs McDaniels. It's Eva Joyce McDaniel, no s. How long have you lived in this county? Sheesh!!!
Been Around Her

Lexington, KY

#19 Apr 23, 2012
Thvillebear wrote:
I think the world of Eva, we couldn't have a nicer and harder working county clerk. True some of the employees can be rude at times, but when you have a job that involves being cussed out by the public and getting blamed for things in which they have no control over. Some days it is hard to put on a happy face.
She is very nice to you "IF" she knows you or your family and you have to tell her who you are. Otherwise NO she is not nice you. She was actually down right hateful to me. I felt the need to tell her she knew my Mother and it was like I pushed a button. I know she has a lot of responsibility down there. But I was always told you you get bitter in a public job, it's time to find something else. You've been there too long.....
VOTER

Lexington, KY

#20 Apr 25, 2012
Her first job was giving Noah a boating license.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting on Garden Park 43 min LOLOLOL 65
Who Is Tyler Jeffers:Teen Age Murderer? 1 hr Mark 47
Any1 Know AJ Barber Or Andy Barber? (Jun '09) 6 hr aj barber 17
Best place or person to get taxes done 8 hr Smile 4
DEAD BEAT Parents 11 hr Hopeless 16
Schools in Jessamine 11 hr here 9
Dennie Huff Jr. Or Bubba 14 hr really 4

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance