what r the worst daycares in nicholas...

what r the worst daycares in nicholasville?

Posted in the Nicholasville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lookin4daycare

United States

#1 Aug 4, 2010
Can anyone tell me where NOT to send my child and why?
Dissatisfied

Norfolk, VA

#2 Aug 4, 2010
I was very dissatisfied with Kiddie Cottage. On several occasions they sent the wrong items home and never asked for ID when new people came to pick up child . . . even sent the 'wrong' child out once. Also workers seem to congregate during nap time leaving kids in rooms alone. Kids are encouraged to take naps to the point of threats. They also let the kids watch way too many movies and not enough teaching skills. Although I have many complaints the nursery department is really nice filled with good workers. Once they become toddlers you may want to change to a different daycare.
WONDERING

Orlando, FL

#3 Aug 4, 2010
Where is kiddie kottage located?
i know this

Waterloo, Canada

#5 Aug 4, 2010
I would not let my kids go to Kids Connection behind Kroger because the woman that owns it let's her son work there and he is a weird person he still lives with his mom and got caught cheating on a married woman that has three kids and besides all that he looks like a pervert a daycare is no place for a man to work so if you send your kids there just be careful
klm

Lexington, KY

#6 Aug 5, 2010
i know this wrote:
I would not let my kids go to Kids Connection behind Kroger because the woman that owns it let's her son work there and he is a weird person he still lives with his mom and got caught cheating on a married woman that has three kids and besides all that he looks like a pervert a daycare is no place for a man to work so if you send your kids there just be careful
Plus they need to drug test their employees because I know there's one worker that would never pass one. I wouldn't leave my kid there for anything
Only me

Nicholasville, KY

#7 Aug 6, 2010
Kiddie kottage is located across from steattons lumbeer and across from the old southern states building past Rick fence park...I took my son there when he was three months until he was right around a year, never had an issue! I loved the infant teachers there, Michelle is wonderful :) I was not always too overly happy with the "head" lady (not the owner btw) she had a tendency to be rude, pushy, and even though she would be looking at never listen to you lol and at times I couldn't understand her well bc of her accent (not very relevant lol) anyways I give it a 8.5 out of 10
Only me

Nicholasville, KY

#8 Aug 6, 2010
Not saying I completely disagree with the former post "I know this" but I've been to many daycares where men are working, now I agree this specific man shouldn't be working there if he's that strange such as gives you a funny feeling kinda strange but I do disagree with your statement a daycare is no place for a man to work... That's kind of like saying a man shouldn't be allowed to be a teacher. Maybe I'm alone on this one but just bc you are a female wouldn't make it any more ok for you to work at a daycare than he.
lookin4daycare

Lawrence, MA

#9 Aug 6, 2010
I have been looking at bethel (church daycare). It seems nice but a little pricey. Does anyone know if its a good center?
just wunderin

Nicholasville, KY

#11 Aug 6, 2010
lookin4daycare wrote:
I have been looking at bethel (church daycare). It seems nice but a little pricey. Does anyone know if its a good center?
I'm a stay at home mom looking to babysit, how old is your child, I have 3 of my own 16,14 and 7. So well experienced lol. If you are interested let me know, I know daycare, can break a person!:)
Michelle
just a mom

Lexington, KY

#12 Aug 6, 2010
ABC Learning Tree is the best in town, in my opinion. They have a wonderful preschool Montessori program with Montessori-trained teachers. I think they are taking kids as young as 3 now. My son loved it, and was very happy there, plus he learned a lot. They don't just stick them in front of a tv, all the toys are educational and they take field trips. Ms. Darra truly cares about the kids.
Agreed

Nicholasville, KY

#13 Aug 6, 2010
just a mom wrote:
ABC Learning Tree is the best in town, in my opinion. They have a wonderful preschool Montessori program with Montessori-trained teachers. I think they are taking kids as young as 3 now. My son loved it, and was very happy there, plus he learned a lot. They don't just stick them in front of a tv, all the toys are educational and they take field trips. Ms. Darra truly cares about the kids.
I have 2 boys that go there they love it. I am so surprised how much they learn from there. They are now actually taking 1 and 2 year old they started that a couple months ago. They are regstering new students now. I recommend this daycare to everybody.
Hahaha

Nicholasville, KY

#14 Aug 7, 2010
Yeah - NEVER take your child to Kiddie Kottage. I know the other person who mentioned them said they were okay with babies, but when my son was a baby he used to go there in the mornings with no problem at all and come home with diaper rashes so bad he would bleed from them. Plus when he became a toddler they would keep and either lose his sippy cups or give them to a different child, and he would come home with a totally different diaper, cup and sometimes blanket. Also there were at least two times they sent him home with someone else's cup and it was noticeably dirty, as in there was stuff floating in it. They also continued to give him citrus juices even after being told several times that he was allergic to citrus fruits, which made his rashes that much worse.
Hahaha

Nicholasville, KY

#15 Aug 7, 2010
On a side note, the daycare my son goes to now is the one at the church across from the library (cannot remember the name of it right now) and it's fantastic from what I've experienced.
Dissatisfied

Lexington, KY

#16 Aug 15, 2010
lookin4daycare wrote:
If you are talking about Bethel Harvest Church on Nicholasville Rd. that is a great daycare. You get what you pay for. The staff is well trained and love kids. It's more than a job to them:-)
gotta ask

Lexington, KY

#17 Aug 15, 2010
don't take them to a childs place.they are the worst daycare ever in nicholasville. just ask around iwould recimend abc for daycare. they are the best.
NEED2NO

Warner Robins, GA

#18 Aug 15, 2010
Hahaha wrote:
On a side note, the daycare my son goes to now is the one at the church across from the library (cannot remember the name of it right now) and it's fantastic from what I've experienced.
No offense or maybe I'm reading this post wrong.... but you can't remember the name of the daycare your child is going to now ?
u dont know

Nicholasville, KY

#19 Sep 14, 2010
i know this wrote:
u dont know s**t, stop spreading this gossip about this worker, he is a great person and is a great childcare provider. he is great with the kids and they love him. leave his personal life out of his job. what he does on his own time is his business so stop spreading rumors.
Traci Former Co-Worker

United States

#20 Sep 15, 2010
I used to work at KCTC and George is the one who kept both my daughters the last year they went there. I will admit I felt a little odd about him being their lead teacher at first, but not once did I ever have an issue with him. Both my girls adored him. Actually here was never any kids to say they disliked him unlike a few of my other co-workers. I came to see that some of the kids looked up to him since many did not have a male figure in their life. George more than likely spends more time with these kids than their own father. Never once was he not fair and just. Often you even found him out talking or playing with the kids. As for him having an affai with a married woman, I don't know. Even if it did that would not interfer with him doing his job. His personal life is just that. But you can guarantee if I ever go back to work and need a daycare, my kids will go back to there.
Someonewhoknows

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Sep 15, 2010
i have had my bad experiences with Kiddie cittage myself, so i took my kids out of there and the now go to The Learning Garden at the end of Edgewood Drive, beside the by pass, i couldnt ask for a better daycare, they are always nice, i have never had a problem, my child has never left there dirty, hurt, crying, nothing , actually they cry if they dont go there that day, the owner is a woman named Pricilla, she is an awesome teacher too, they also just recently started a preschool program there and my son loves it , my daughter loves going there after school, if there is one good daycare in this town it is The Learning Garden, im not sure about pricing but im sure she would work out a good deal for u
THE BIG MAN

Nicholasville, KY

#22 Sep 15, 2010
The woman that ownes it ,s son has to be the lowest pile of sh*t there is he has hit on every women there and has had no luck so he is a loser in my book

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erin raye thompson 39 min Nikki 155
Jennifer Oakley 1 hr Sassy 9
How would you like to stay at home with your kids? 2 hr moneymom123 1
shana collier (Apr '12) 2 hr FACT 19
Faleshia 2 hr SES 7
Whitney butcher 3 hr From a Real Mother 9
Stephanie Brewer fake buisness aka drug dealer 4 hr Steph 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicholasville Mortgages