How does this look for our jail system?

Posted in the Nicholasville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WOW

Lexington, KY

#1 Apr 25, 2010
The search is on in Jessamine County after an inmate left the jail - by pretending to be another inmate who was scheduled to be released today.

Jail officials say Justin Darland posed as his cellmate, Robbie White, and walked away from the detention center early this morning.

Darland has a long criminal history. Only LEX 18 cameras were there on March 23rd as Darland was arrested and charged in burglaries in Jessamine and Fayette Counties
watching

Henderson, KY

#2 Apr 25, 2010
WOW wrote:
The search is on in Jessamine County after an inmate left the jail - by pretending to be another inmate who was scheduled to be released today.
Jail officials say Justin Darland posed as his cellmate, Robbie White, and walked away from the detention center early this morning.
Darland has a long criminal history. Only LEX 18 cameras were there on March 23rd as Darland was arrested and charged in burglaries in Jessamine and Fayette Counties
as I visit an inmate there I have seen alot of things done that shouldnt be done. And the gaurds are not doing what they should. they let inmates smole, buy them drinks, stc... Just go there and watch.
RichieRoxi

Hollywood, FL

#3 Apr 25, 2010
Yo that is a freakin AWESOME IDEA! I thyink this may even work in Florida!!! When you go to a cell block after the holding cell you stay and in the morning at 5 they start calling names who are being released..... You go and tell the guard who are you are and the other guard gives the guard a slip of paper with your info (I dont know if your pic is on there or not but obviously they SHOULD DO THAT now) and you go get your stuff and leave...... NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE OR ANYTHING!!!! LOL!

That really is a great idea though I gotta give that guy props! So simple yet effective! Imagine the adrenaline on the way out! lol
WOW

Lexington, KY

#4 Apr 25, 2010
They just said on the news that the person who was supposed to be released was in there for 30 days. Why didn't they know who he was?
RichieRoxi

Hollywood, FL

#5 Apr 25, 2010
watching wrote:
<quoted text>
as I visit an inmate there I have seen alot of things done that shouldnt be done. And the gaurds are not doing what they should. they let inmates smole, buy them drinks, stc... Just go there and watch.
Damn that is nuts! They let em smoke in county jail???? In florida you can smoke if you are in prison but NOT in county jail.
wondering

Leesburg, GA

#6 Apr 25, 2010
Where did you go to school. If you can't even spell, how would you even know how a jail should be ran.
RichieRoxi

Hollywood, FL

#7 Apr 25, 2010
wondering wrote:
Where did you go to school. If you can't even spell, how would you even know how a jail should be ran.
Who? Everybody on here spelled fine all that is wrong is typing errors!
wow

Lexington, KY

#8 Apr 25, 2010
isn't that Justin Darland dude the one who dated Mandy Webb????????? Her business (and his) is all over the internet. Just search for her name. She supposedly broke up with him once she found out he tricked her into pawning stolen items. She stated that she thought they were his. I say how the hell could you not know what your boyfriend owns, especially if those items she pawned included a damn laptop and other electronics. I mean her and this Darland cat had been dating a while! She's full of shit.
Mama Sharon

Nicholasville, KY

#9 Apr 26, 2010
Mistake??? Im curious to know if Justin is a local boy??? I would think that the jail should know their inmates, hmmmmmm. What does everyone else think???
DraKool

United States

#10 Apr 26, 2010
watching wrote:
<quoted text>
the county inmates are not allowed to smoke so stop lying and the state inmates are allowed to smoke if they are working. That is a benefit of being a community custody inmate. Also, what is so wrong with buying an inmate a drink if they are thirsty and can't afford to buy there own? They are human beings for christ sake!
old timer

Kathleen, GA

#11 Apr 26, 2010
they cant blame it on the guy ,the jail employees were the one that let him out, there trying to cover there butts.
Need New Jailer

New York, NY

#12 Apr 26, 2010
See,
Timing could NOT be MORE perfect! We need a NEW JAILER! Vote John Branscum!
admirer

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Apr 26, 2010
No doubt this should seal the deal for a new jailer. Sure hope that some of these idiots in this town go out and vote. The attorney general needs to hear this latest news on this latest fiasco. It's time to clean this town up of the bad people that are holding offices here. Cecil Moss doesn't stand alone in bad law enforcement in this town. And you know who you are....But to charge the boy who was to get out with anything just shows you they are desperate to cover their stupidity.
WOW

Lexington, KY

#14 Apr 26, 2010
I wonder if they ever caught him. I was told by an officer today that no one even wanted to look for him yesterday since it was the jail's fault. This is a very messed up law system we have here in Nicholasville.
DraKool

United States

#15 Apr 26, 2010
I'm not sure, but unless it was Cecil Moss himself who made the mistake, I don't think he should be blamed. I think the person who released the inmate should be held accountable for the major error that was made.
admirer

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Apr 27, 2010
Well it is Moss's problem he has no control over his employee's. No matter what the case may be. Stand up be a man and say we have some serious problems in this department....
Mama Sharon

Nicholasville, KY

#18 Apr 27, 2010
Mr Moss carries the title Jailer, if he doesnt know whats going on in the jail then he is not doing his job!!! Its as simple as that, remember to vote wisely on election day!!!!!
Voter

Lexington, KY

#19 Apr 27, 2010
You all can't blame this on one person. This jail is always been run so efficiently that if one mistake is made (and remember, we are all human) then this town wants to go talking about everyone. Cecil Moss has done an excellent job, and he can't be there 24/7! This was a manipulative action taken by a couple of inmates, and the happened to get away with it. If you ask me...it smells like a rat! It's a little to convenient that Cecil Moss has had a squeaky clean record, and now right before the election someone pulls something like this. I'm just sayin, Cecil Moss is definitely the man for the job, but someone else really wants it. Politics in this town are so crooked!
nothardly

Georgetown, KY

#20 Apr 27, 2010
Voter wrote:
You all can't blame this on one person. This jail is always been run so efficiently that if one mistake is made (and remember, we are all human) then this town wants to go talking about everyone. Cecil Moss has done an excellent job, and he can't be there 24/7! This was a manipulative action taken by a couple of inmates, and the happened to get away with it. If you ask me...it smells like a rat! It's a little to convenient that Cecil Moss has had a squeaky clean record, and now right before the election someone pulls something like this. I'm just sayin, Cecil Moss is definitely the man for the job, but someone else really wants it. Politics in this town are so crooked!
Squeaky clean my a$$, what about the girl who gave birth in jail?
nothardly

Georgetown, KY

#21 Apr 27, 2010
Also, don't forget his employees allegedly sold drugs in jail!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ky. Bourbon Barrel Ale is a surprise success (May '12) 13 hr will thrill 16
Mike clark 16 hr RxCHxLLx 7
Dennie, Bubba, out of jail 16 hr Tru 3
Who else was with Barry Stinnett? RIP Monty (Nov '14) 16 hr Jessamine 10
curb basketball goals 21 hr clueless 12
Helen Music (Feb '12) 21 hr Jennifer J 9
Where is Jeff ruggiereo Sat Ashame 6

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicholasville Mortgages