Powers Transmission: What's your opinion?

Posted in the Nicholasville Forum

MMM2010

Kathleen, GA

#1 Jun 3, 2010
Just wanted a feedback on them....
carguy

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Jun 3, 2010
MMM2010 wrote:
They have rebuilt two transmissions for me on classic cars and never had a problem with them after that. Price can be a little high but you get what you pay for.
Ripped

Nicholasville, KY

#3 Jun 3, 2010
They are rip off artists and the attitudes of the workers suck.
carguy

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Jun 3, 2010
They are bastards to deal with. Watch out with them using used parts or inferior parts instead of genuine parts made by the car your getting serviced. Also make some nicks and take a photo of it on your tranny to make sure they don't just repaint your old one and rebuild it and charge you for a new one.

Still not as bad a company as Paul Davis Restoration on the drag strip. Do not ever use them for any repairs to your home. They are the best rip off artist in Jessamine Co.
Just A Dummy

Olive Hill, KY

#5 Jun 3, 2010
MMM2010 wrote:
Not honest.
Excessively high priced to the greedy side.
Treat people like cattle.
Have a high return rate on repairs.(not fixed right the first time)
Has 4 BBB complaints in past 36 months.
Would recommend Camargo Transmissions over anyone in KY, no exceptions.
Just A Dummy

Olive Hill, KY

#6 Jun 3, 2010
I should add that was store number 4 in Nicholasville. Not the others.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#7 Jun 3, 2010
I WENT 2 HAVE MY OIL CHANGED. SOME DUDE IN THERE WAS GOIN' OFF. I LEFT NEVER 2 RETURN. I TOLD HIM 2 RING THE BBB.
Ripped

Nicholasville, KY

#8 Jun 4, 2010
Just A Dummy wrote:
I should add that was store number 4 in Nicholasville. Not the others.
The others are owned by the same people. I wouldn't deal with the one on Alexandria Dr either. They charged me $800 for repairs and within a month of the "work," the car was acting up again. That old Sam guy had some young brunette inside the office part kissing all over her which looked real professional. The only thing professional about Sam or the Powers brothers are they are professional jerks.
carguy

Nicholasville, KY

#9 Jun 4, 2010
My brother went in for his tranny and stood there 15 min and not one person asked if they could help. He finally got the estimate to fix his trans. and then took it to Southerland and Southerland was $500.00 cheaper and had a longer guarantee. RIP OFF!
auto guy

Lexington, KY

#10 Jun 22, 2010
the negitive coments have to be coming from what i would call people with an agenda powers has been in buisnes for over 30 years the have always strived to take care of the hundreds of people i have sent to them i have nothing but praise for powers transmission
newsman

Red Wing, MN

#11 Jun 23, 2010
They have worked on a old Buick and a Toyota 4X4 tranny. Did the Buick on 1st try. 3 visits on the 4X4 Toyota, But they got it right, and thats all that matters.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who are some good landlords to rent from? (May '12) 28 min Gary 17
Charlene Rogers 54 min curiousone 2
looking for puppy 1 hr filaria 2
Steve peel 1 hr Kelly_Fox 37
Does anyone know Jackie Goforth? (Nov '10) 4 hr much better 6
house burns down behind courthouse 4 hr much better 13
Angela Stinnett 4 hr much better 10
More from around the web

Nicholasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE