Why do people lie, cheat and steal

Why do people lie, cheat and steal

Posted in the Nicholasville Forum

Torn Sad Heartbroken

Lexington, KY

#1 Mar 24, 2011
My grown kid lied to me. Now something major has happened and I don't believe what my kid is saying happened.I think this might come between us. I want to trust my kid but I can't find it in my heart. There is no one that can prove my kids innocence. The major thing that happened was a to another grown kid of mine. Why can't it be like it used to be and trust people on their word. My Kid lied to me for a fact and even swore it was telling the truth. This will change my life forever depending what I chose to do. Weather I let this person back into my life or close them out. How can I ever trust again?
just sayin

Frankfort, KY

#2 Mar 24, 2011
is he a Lawyer???? that's what they are taught to do just for the washingtons......
Torn Sad Heartbroken

Lexington, KY

#3 Mar 25, 2011
I would expect this from a lawyer. But not my kids. I always taught them better. I can't trust you if you lie to me. Who wouldn't want their parent to trust them. They're grown. you would think I meant more to them than this. Time, patience and prayer, that's the answer.

United States

#4 Feb 2, 2012
I think when kids have to lie..they are doing it because they seen there friends doing...its like that old say if all your friends jumped off!!!! Would u? People lie to make it seem better for them selfs they got there own problems...

Lexington, KY

#5 Feb 2, 2012
I don't know what the lie was about but I know from experience that your child might have lied about whatever because they didn't want to disappoint you or for you not to approve of them. They probably just didn't want to let you down so they thought that was the only way.
david dawson

El Monte, CA

#6 Feb 2, 2012
Its really all about forgiveness that's the best solution to the problem and a good life lesson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morgan Lancaster 4 hr Scorpio 3
Donny frye 4 hr docky 3
Free Thanksgiving Meals in Nicholasville? 5 hr Curious 1
Brittany small and Ethan helms 7 hr Jill 3
Amber Waldrop 9 hr capurazz 4
john borne 9 hr Meeeee 2
Whhs guidance 10 hr Obviously 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicholasville Mortgages