First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RedWhiteandBlue

Nicholasville, KY

#1 Feb 6, 2011
Anyone else out there creeped out by Wilmore?
what

Lexington, KY

#2 Feb 6, 2011
what do you mean
RedWhiteandBlue

Nicholasville, KY

#3 Feb 6, 2011
I'm new here and figured I would go check the town out a few days ago and it just seemed like folks there just weren't that friendly. Kinda felt like I wasn't 'Christian enough' to be there. Just weird!
what

Lexington, KY

#4 Feb 6, 2011
it can be weird here i guess. but it can be weird anywhere
cookoo

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Feb 7, 2011
maybe you were not the friendly one? LOL
not sure what type of weird you mean. where did you even go? They don't lay down the red carpet for you, if that is what you were looking for.
itellunolies

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Feb 7, 2011
Yup, Wilmore is an odd little place. A little odder than most, but I really think it stems from the college. Not that the college is a bad thing, but it is a college town with most aspects of the town affected by the college. And if it weren't for the college, I doubt there would even be a Wilmore. Most of the locals who grew up there are good people, but I have to admit the college brings in some fanatic customers. And that can reflect poorly on the town.
All too well

Lexington, KY

#7 Feb 7, 2011
They don't seem to take kindly to strangers. There are some great people in Wilmore. Have you ever heard the term..good ol' boy, buddy system. That's Wilmore you have to know someone to be fully accepted there. But I do know what you mean about not being friendly in the local stores. I would think as small as Wilmore is. When you walk in the door and the cashier is right in your face, they should acknowledge you.But if you want friendly you have to be the one to strike up the conversation;else you're ignored. I would say since all the odd people that travel to Wilmore, I would say the merchants have seen just about everything. So I might be the same way as they are.
cookoo

Nicholasville, KY

#8 Feb 7, 2011
LMAO!! yep that was soo mean. LOL
Maggz

United States

#9 Feb 9, 2011
Wilmore is where Jesus goes on vacation.
lol

Neelyville, MO

#10 Mar 1, 2011
A town full of religious extremists.
GoAway

Lexington, KY

#11 Mar 1, 2011
"THEY"? We don't want strangers here. Stay away. Go to Berea. I hate religion, but I hate strangers too. You're not welcome here and neither is Jesus. Why would you think you would be welcome? Because the police chief is lame? Or maybe because the mayor sleeps with the fat little girls at the college equine center? You're misguided!
woot

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Mar 1, 2011
the mayor seems to think he a stud. LMAO
but every town has some corrupt morons. Nicholasville being one.
lol

Columbus, OH

#13 Mar 3, 2011
I am welcomed and talked to in every store in wilmore.
Im a local

Lexington, KY

#14 Mar 3, 2011
I have lived in Wilmore my whole life over 30 years, I HATE EVERY COP WE HAVE HERE!!! They think that this little town is New York City. I have NO RESPECT FOR THE WPD.. Except Officer Bandy he does what he was hired to do.. There has never been a time that I was not spoke to as I walked into IGA now the Dollar Store and the others I can see that.. My only problem is Asbury needs to stop buying up everything and making a parkinglot out of the land how much parking does one need? As for Wilmore Elementry that School is Awesome! The teachers are caring and really do more then any teachers Ive seen... This town is a great place to raise kids..
Michelle

Harrodsburg, KY

#15 Mar 4, 2011
I like Wilmore! It's kind of strange how the town dies at around 8pm, but other than that I like it!
Ashley

Neelyville, MO

#16 Mar 9, 2011
Wilmore is my life. And if you didnt feel welcomed it was because youre probably not. You either need to be a religious extremist or a hippie who likes the haggered side of the wall.
RedWhiteAndBlack

Jefferson, GA

#17 Mar 9, 2011
RedWhiteandBlue wrote:
I'm new here and figured I would go check the town out a few days ago and it just seemed like folks there just weren't that friendly. Kinda felt like I wasn't 'Christian enough' to be there. Just weird!
If you did not attend Asbury for all your educational needs, come from a well-to-do background, purchased large homes, drove huge new vehicles, and donated to one of the fifteen hundred Wilmore charities, and brown-nosed the mayor and police chief then you are not welcome. Please come back later, with lots of money.
RedWhiteAndBlack

Jefferson, GA

#18 Mar 9, 2011
Ashley wrote:
Wilmore is my life. And if you didnt feel welcomed it was because youre probably not. You either need to be a religious extremist or a hippie who likes the haggered side of the wall.
Have we slept together yet?

Since: Dec 10

Nicholasville, KY

#19 Mar 11, 2011
I have lived in wilmore all my live (17 years) yeah I know it ain't that long but still it's long enough to know my way around the town even the back ways without getting lost. If you have lived here all your life you most likely know of my family. (the West's) and wilmore likes people just not people that think that their all that. If you come around here be nice and try to greet people. And about if wilmore creeps anyone else out well hell yeah it freaks me out but only when it's dark out because I know what goes on. But other than the nocturnal people that come out wilmore is the perfect place to be if you wanna be in a small town. And wilmore is a Christian place but only because of the college. I could care less if you were a Christian or not. I love this town.
lollipop

Morehead, KY

#20 Mar 13, 2011
I like the place, my friend Gloria lives there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amberly Maggard 2 hr curious 2
Hot headz salon 3 hr BareRabbit 3
Kelsie Scott 4 hr Brittany D 6
Jailhouse Woman! 6 hr how long 4
Lexington homeowner shoots burglar homeowner ar... 6 hr tired 10
Twice as Nice Closed?? 10 hr angie 3
Any one know Megan Brumfield?? (Mar '09) 11 hr Wondering 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicholasville Mortgages