Paul Cleaver comes to wildcat ford

Posted in the Nicholasville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
carguy

Perry, GA

#1 Feb 3, 2011
I hope Paul Cleaver comes to wildcat ford and leaves his arrogance at freedom dodge. He was the president of freedom dodge for 21 years and now after putting down every make and model of cars except for the mopar collection is now going to take over a ford dealership. After putting down fords and every other make of cars why would he want to be the leader of a company he would make jokes about on his local televised program. Hope his change in career has carried over in his attitude.

Since: Mar 10

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Feb 6, 2011
I loved it when they were advertising they had a Toyota Camry there in the mid 1990's to compare the value verses Dodge Intrepid. How many mid 90's Camrys are on the road, plenty.
Mid 90's Intrepids, can't think of any I have seen lately.
What was really the better value is a no brainier!!!
Car guy

United States

#3 Feb 6, 2011
Say what you want about Mr Cleaver but he is the leader Wildcat needed. Of course he is gonna not talk real highly about the competition. In my humble opinion chrysler is junk. Now he is selling Ford which is the best product on the road. I have been in the car business my whole life and it is a fact Ford is way ahead of all the competition!!! Nicholasville should be proud to have such a beautiful dealership in the community. Check it out

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Feb 8, 2011
Car guy wrote:
Say what you want about Mr Cleaver but he is the leader Wildcat needed. Of course he is gonna not talk real highly about the competition. In my humble opinion chrysler is junk. Now he is selling Ford which is the best product on the road. I have been in the car business my whole life and it is a fact Ford is way ahead of all the competition!!! Nicholasville should be proud to have such a beautiful dealership in the community. Check it out
I am just waiting to hear him tell the truth about Chryslers now that he works at a Ford dealer. Ford is the only vehicle manufactured by a US car maker you will see in my driveway, I have a Tacoma and an F150.
FORDMAN

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Feb 9, 2011
I gave Wildcat Ford a shot and they failed. Did n't know the product, the price jumped one G from the lot to the office. They act like you never said a word when you ask for a cash price? Very stupid people, they lost a good sell and a better customer. If you want a Ford, go to Paul Miller Ford or any other dealer.
WELL

United States

#6 Feb 9, 2011
What happened did they get rid of him at freedom?!!!

Nicholasville, KY

#7 Feb 9, 2011
FORDMAN wrote:
I gave Wildcat Ford a shot and they failed. Did n't know the product, the price jumped one G from the lot to the office. They act like you never said a word when you ask for a cash price? Very stupid people, they lost a good sell and a better customer. If you want a Ford, go to Paul Miller Ford or any other dealer.
I have had my F150 serviced at Wildcat and am happy with their service. If a dealer wont give me a cash price up front I take off running as I have always held firm that if the price is right, the payments will be right!
I appreciate your advice and if I buy a new Ford will go to Paul Miller first as I detest the "what payment can you afford line" just another way of saying "we are going to screw you on the price!"

Nicholasville, KY

#8 Feb 9, 2011
WELL wrote:
What happened did they get rid of him at freedom?!!!
I was under the impression he owned Freedom, I guess not!
Car Guy

Louisville, KY

#9 Mar 1, 2011
I guess we will have to see for our selves. It has yet to be seen if Paul can sell more cars than past "leaders". 3/1/11
in the know

Lexington, KY

#10 Mar 4, 2011
I was told by a good source that he was basically given 24 hours at Freedom Dodge to get his office cleaned out and vacate the premises.That Ford dealership is owned by a professional gambler,Billy Walters of the Walters group.He is from Kentucky and lives in Vegas.I dont have anything against either of these guys but,if you mix gambling and car salesmen,theres a screwing going to happen.Just saying be on your toes if you are buying there.
Plum Crazy

Harrodsburg, KY

#11 Mar 14, 2011
Ok so here is the scoop. Paul Cleaver still has (to this very day) a big stake at Freedom Dodge. He was not given 24 hours to vacate the premises. He was in negotiations to try to buy the other owners out and they all agreed for him to leave until the deal was finalized. Also I agree that he said some things about Toyotas and other imports but who cares. They bad mouth the Domestic brands all the time. The problem is that why you Foreign car buyers are so naieve to believe that these imports are helping our economy by providing jobs here in the US you need to take a look at the bigger picture. Every dime of profit goes right back over seas. They could give a flying flip about us or their employees here when it comes down to it. Ford, GM, and Chrysler have been paying retirement, benefits, and higher wages for its US employees for Years. In fact Ford has now been in the US for over 100 years. Imports have just now been made long enough to have to pay out some retirees. So the next time your neighbor loses a job at the company that was making small car parts for Ford, Chrysler and GM you can proudly pull your Toyota Camry in your driveway and say well at least this car is going to last "forever" sorry about your job loss hope you and family understand that even though I am only going to keep my car for 5-6 years is so important that it lasts FOREVER.
carguy

Broken Arrow, OK

#12 Mar 14, 2011
Well I see Paul has already got his face on tv for wildcat ford. He loves seeing hiself on tv. I am going to miss that little squirley looking guy that was nervous being beside him on his freedom show because Paul was always cutting in on him.

Nicholasville, KY

#13 Mar 15, 2011
Plum Crazy wrote:
Ok so here is the scoop. Paul Cleaver still has (to this very day) a big stake at Freedom Dodge. He was not given 24 hours to vacate the premises. He was in negotiations to try to buy the other owners out and they all agreed for him to leave until the deal was finalized. Also I agree that he said some things about Toyotas and other imports but who cares. They bad mouth the Domestic brands all the time. The problem is that why you Foreign car buyers are so naieve to believe that these imports are helping our economy by providing jobs here in the US you need to take a look at the bigger picture. Every dime of profit goes right back over seas. They could give a flying flip about us or their employees here when it comes down to it. Ford, GM, and Chrysler have been paying retirement, benefits, and higher wages for its US employees for Years. In fact Ford has now been in the US for over 100 years. Imports have just now been made long enough to have to pay out some retirees. So the next time your neighbor loses a job at the company that was making small car parts for Ford, Chrysler and GM you can proudly pull your Toyota Camry in your driveway and say well at least this car is going to last "forever" sorry about your job loss hope you and family understand that even though I am only going to keep my car for 5-6 years is so important that it lasts FOREVER.
Not everyone can afford to replace their car every 5 years and some don't like to have a lot of repair bills, I will stick with reliability and long service life!
Purchasepro

Franklin, OH

#14 Apr 25, 2011
Thvillebear wrote:
<quoted text>I was under the impression he owned Freedom, I guess not!
He was one of 3 owners of Freedom and got forced out.
interested

Lexington, KY

#15 May 4, 2011
i think y'all are full of it. Freedom Dodge was one of the top dealerships in the USA. so Paul must had been doing something right. how can you get FIRED from something your a partner in...can't. and the DRUGS at freedom, as soon as Paul heard about these guys...THAT DAY HE GAVE EVERYONE A PISS TEST...and if you tested pos. you were out right then...get your check and get the h.ll out of DODGE (no punt intended)!! Paul is a good guy and knows the stuff and he has made ALOT OF PEOPLE ALOT OF MONEY(he made them rich). i think if you are salesmen(car guys) you are just jealous cause he is doin' the deal and gettin' the job done!!
Double Guesser

Nicholasville, KY

#16 May 4, 2011
carguy wrote:
Well I see Paul has already got his face on tv for wildcat ford. He loves seeing hiself on tv. I am going to miss that little squirley looking guy that was nervous being beside him on his freedom show because Paul was always cutting in on him.
I heard the only reason he is on tv is because his son works in advertising. Paul's reputation precedes him..not all good, i would guess. We will see how long this job lasts. You know there is something to be said about a guy that sells cars..hmmm.
Double Guesser

Nicholasville, KY

#17 May 4, 2011
in the know wrote:
I was told by a good source that he was basically given 24 hours at Freedom Dodge to get his office cleaned out and vacate the premises.That Ford dealership is owned by a professional gambler,Billy Walters of the Walters group.He is from Kentucky and lives in Vegas.I dont have anything against either of these guys but,if you mix gambling and car salesmen,theres a screwing going to happen.Just saying be on your toes if you are buying there.
I agree but I don't think the owners are the problem. I think when you hire an individual that has a reputation that is nothing less of arrogant and full of himself, there very possibly be problems. My guess is..they didn't know who they were hiring and what they were getting into. I know a lot of people that will not buy there because of Paul Cleaver.
TheSmartOne

Louisville, KY

#18 May 9, 2011
Cleaver already got fired from Wildcat. They cleaned house last week.
P Beaver

United States

#19 May 10, 2011
TheSmartOne wrote:
Cleaver already got fired from Wildcat. They cleaned house last week.
Who else did they let go?
Man

Lexington, KY

#20 Sep 3, 2011
Joe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Sarah katzman 1 hr Tonya 2
Holly and Ryan Gosser 1 hr Reader 2
Family Dollar 2 hr LOLer 7
Kim reister 15 hr Know her 8
Kelly Basham have her baby yet? (Jul '17) 16 hr Hehe 27
Kim burge is a joke 16 hr Ekno 9
Amanda (Sep '15) 18 hr Cbb 11

Nicholasville Jobs

Personal Finance

Nicholasville Mortgages