Sick and tired

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Does anybody know how the food is at the the old Bill's dinner on US 27 is. I don't know who runs it or what the new name is . I hope it's good,maybe if it is it will stay open.
Mariah

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

yea it's called big D's place and the food is good.. the ppl that own it also do a stand down in highbridge...

“im me who else would i be?”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

actually its called garretts country cooking only been open for a few weeks now....the food is good...from what i understand they have a little diner in carlisle ky aswell...
get it Right

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

brandy_gurl016 wrote:
actually its called garretts country cooking only been open for a few weeks now....the food is good...from what i understand they have a little diner in carlisle ky aswell...
IT IS CALLED Big D's. The guy that owns it name is Dick Garret. He USED to own a place in Carlisle..ex-wife got it in divorce. He is also the EX-Sheriff of Nicholas County..do some research on that! But guarantee the food is good! Use to eat at Garrets when he owned it.
neighbor

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

The sign in the window says Garretts country cooking. It is a good place to eat.
yummmmmm

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

Know dick Garrett ate in Carlisle at his place there. If it's anything like it was there its great home cooking. Can't wait to try it out _
omg

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

i live not far from it its name is garretts and yeah the food is good up there... its only been open a few weeks he remodled the inside alot compared to what it used to be
wont last

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

just like the rest of the places that have been there,it will most likely fail especially since the new road bypasses it now.i would love to see one stay but they are going to have to have good prices and decent food and hire people that are not known for this and that or i can tell you straight up it will fail and it will fail fast..lived here all my life and people around here won't put up with high prices for garbage food being served by the local crabs distributor..it just won't work already seen it to many times..
meee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

My EX HuSbAND cheated on me when he wrkd there. They had sex in the kitchen. It was infested with roaches and mice! I dunno about it since its reopened but once you had a bad experiance there, it kinda makes you not wanna go back!
WOW

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

Judged:

It's IS called Big D's! I live across the street. I haven't eaten there bc I hear to much about the "skanks" that work there, of course it could all be rumors bc I don't know them personally but I just don't want to take the chance when it comes to my food!:)
think again

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

WOW wrote:
It's IS called Big D's! I live across the street. I haven't eaten there bc I hear to much about the "skanks" that work there, of course it could all be rumors bc I don't know them personally but I just don't want to take the chance when it comes to my food!:)
umm i live across the street aswell and in fact i have eaten there a couple of times even though the big sign out front says big d's it is in fact now called garrets country kitchen. the food is actually really good and the prices are even better.....as far as i can tell there arent any "skanks" working there.... The owners completly redid the place on the inside and there are no more roaches either.
funny

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

i live down the road and it sure does seem like theres alot of people that live across the street LMAO
Granny

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

We just came from there from eating breakfast and it was great. We ate dinner there the other day and it was really good to.i hope everyone try's it . If you do you will keep going back. Spread the word so we came keep this dinner with great country food around for a long time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min use your brain 1,043
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min God 151,006
stayci buckler 9 min really 5
Sonic 32 min lots 6
Man riding horse in Wilmore 32 min laurie 42
Taco Bell Nicholasvilles violates KY law 36 min umm 29
Melodie Perkins 1 hr another family de... 5
•••
•••
•••

Nicholasville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000