Mother needing legitimate job

Mother needing legitimate job

Posted in the Nicholasville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
desperate not stupid

United States

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Does anyone know where I can find LEGITIMATE employment IN NICHOLASVILLE?
I don't own a car so I have to walk. Please let me know. Ty!

Merry Christmas to you!
worker bee

Lexington, KY

#2 Nov 29, 2012
You can go to McDonalds....not the most glamorous job, but they will work with you on what hours you can work...respectible job, just not glamorous. Hope you find something for you and your kids.
a tax payer

Tucker, GA

#3 Nov 29, 2012
desperate not stupid wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find LEGITIMATE employment IN NICHOLASVILLE?
I don't own a car so I have to walk. Please let me know. Ty!
Merry Christmas to you!
my advice is to put in applications anywhere within walking distance that you would be willing to do, as you submit each one, make a note as to where you have applied so you know who to check back with. Once you have done this, call each place each day and prove your interest, you'd be surprised how well this works! Good luck to you, and bless you for trying to find work instead of the normal " I'm hurting and cannot work"
just me

Tucker, GA

#4 Nov 29, 2012
A tax payer you are right call every day!!! I did and my old job made a position for me!
desperate not stupid

United States

#5 Nov 30, 2012
Due to valid reasons, I did apply for disability over 2 years ago due to a stroke and horrid gout flare ups because of the meds that I'm on.
However ... I cannot NOT work. Waiting on a disability check is something that I can't do. Wait on something that takes forever to get. I need money now. Christmas isn't happening in my home because rent and lights come first. I'm desperately trying to find a job. I can't wait any longer. I'm trying my best to do right by my kids. I'm an honest person. I don't break the law and I believe in God. But how much longer will this go on? I know what its like to feed my kids and go without because we don't have enough food. I know what it's like to put the babies in bed with me from warmth in the winter because I can't afford the heat bill. And yes, I know what its like to be homeless.
So when I say I NEED A JOB, I mean it. I'm forgoing the disability because we need the money NOW not in a year or two.
I'm at the end of my rope.
a tax payer

Tucker, GA

#6 Nov 30, 2012
desperate not stupid wrote:
Due to valid reasons, I did apply for disability over 2 years ago due to a stroke and horrid gout flare ups because of the meds that I'm on.
However ... I cannot NOT work. Waiting on a disability check is something that I can't do. Wait on something that takes forever to get. I need money now. Christmas isn't happening in my home because rent and lights come first. I'm desperately trying to find a job. I can't wait any longer. I'm trying my best to do right by my kids. I'm an honest person. I don't break the law and I believe in God. But how much longer will this go on? I know what its like to feed my kids and go without because we don't have enough food. I know what it's like to put the babies in bed with me from warmth in the winter because I can't afford the heat bill. And yes, I know what its like to be homeless.
So when I say I NEED A JOB, I mean it. I'm forgoing the disability because we need the money NOW not in a year or two.
I'm at the end of my rope.
well hello again, just wanna start this time by reminding you that I'm in no way looking to grief you, and with that aside, work is certainly possible for you, and I commend your desire, but work will not be easily obtained from Topix... You need to go out and take the advice I gave earlier in this post, you can and will find work if you seriously need/want it. If you really find that after starting, your disability is too much to hold a job, please budget and live well within your means... This will allow Xmas money and other monies needed for important tasks... There's a lot of disabled who make it just fine, not saying they are wealthy by any means but they have a roof, food and most importantly people who love and respect them... Just have to crunch dwn on the wallet and stop yourself from indulging in fast food or whatever it is that can eat into your budget. I came from nothing, raised on foodstamps, sec 8 and any assistance my parents could muster, I've been homeless several times as well, I kid you not, I've had a tough life, but when I had my first kid, I swore I would break that trend... And I did, with no education and a criminal background I stuck to my guns and made it happen. I've been at the same job for 5 yrs now and dealt with issues that would drive most people to quit bit unfortunately that isn't an option for me, for my kids sake I would go to the very end of the world...our kids are so worth it! You know, our kids deserve the best, and I don't mean materiel things, I mean good instruction and leadership, love and compassion, if everyone offered this, our world would certainly become better, but we both know everyone will not so hopefully we can at least offer that to our children:-). It will pay off when you don't have to pick them up in the principals office or have to bail them out of jail or any of that, anyhow, good luck to tou
Samantha

North Highlands, CA

#7 Dec 1, 2012
I am a work at home mom. I have MS and I was let go due to metlife not appoving all of my STD. So when I found the company that I am the hiring manager for it was very rewarding. feel free to contact me if you want more info. this is a real job. [email protected]
desperate not stupid

United States

#8 Dec 1, 2012
I don't own a computer. I know that the work at home jobs means you have to have net and a PC. I don't have either. That's why I'm looking for a legitimate job. But thank you.
Update on how I'm doing,
I've put in for several jobs in Nicholasville. Kroger, cricket, papa Murphy's, Aaron's, Rent a center , just to name a few. HOPEFULLY, ill be offered a job soon. It would be a WONDERFUL Christmas present!:)
kayjay

Henderson, KY

#9 Dec 1, 2012
Taco bell, theyre supposedly opening in jan or feb
Woodrow

Tucker, GA

#11 Dec 3, 2012
worker bee wrote:
You can go to McDonalds....not the most glamorous job, but they will work with you on what hours you can work...respectible job, just not glamorous. Hope you find something for you and your kids.
Why would mcdonalds be the first place you say? Would you work at McDonalds and be honest. I wouldn't.
worker bee

Lexington, KY

#12 Dec 3, 2012
Woodrow wrote:
<quoted text>Why would mcdonalds be the first place you say? Would you work at McDonalds and be honest. I wouldn't.
Woodrow, or whatever your real name is, then you would be one of those who looks down at people who DO WORK at fast food places. I hope YOU NEVER get into a situation where you HAVE to either find work or change jobs. YOU are part of the problem. NOTHING wrong with working at McDonalds. Al that owns the ones in Nicholasville has given many a kid the opportunity to earn money, learn respect and better themselves and/or their families. SHAME on your for putting down anyone who WANTS TO WORK AND HAS TO WORK. You are scum and probably one who takes from those of us who work hard--every day. Shame on you, woodrow. shame on you.
tommy

United States

#13 Dec 3, 2012
Sonic is hiring. Right now seasonal work is abundant at almost ever location.
a tax payer

Tucker, GA

#14 Dec 3, 2012
desperate not stupid wrote:
I don't own a computer. I know that the work at home jobs means you have to have net and a PC. I don't have either. That's why I'm looking for a legitimate job. But thank you.
Update on how I'm doing,
I've put in for several jobs in Nicholasville. Kroger, cricket, papa Murphy's, Aaron's, Rent a center , just to name a few. HOPEFULLY, ill be offered a job soon. It would be a WONDERFUL Christmas present!:)
glad to hear of you trying, just don't forget to check back daily with the buisnesses you placed apps with...most often they will not call you, I wish you the best of luck and it doesn't matter where you work so long as you're trying, hope you do have a merry Christmas!!
Woodrow

Tucker, GA

#15 Dec 3, 2012
worker bee wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodrow, or whatever your real name is, then you would be one of those who looks down at people who DO WORK at fast food places. I hope YOU NEVER get into a situation where you HAVE to either find work or change jobs. YOU are part of the problem. NOTHING wrong with working at McDonalds. Al that owns the ones in Nicholasville has given many a kid the opportunity to earn money, learn respect and better themselves and/or their families. SHAME on your for putting down anyone who WANTS TO WORK AND HAS TO WORK. You are scum and probably one who takes from those of us who work hard--every day. Shame on you, woodrow. shame on you.
Well let me start with what do you do for a living ?
desperate not stupid

United States

#16 Dec 3, 2012
STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

I DIDNT CREATE THIS THREAD FOR PEOPLE TO FIGHT ON!

So stop it RIGHT NOW!!

ALSO, just wanted to say that my interview went well (I thought anyways.) And they.should be calling me back soon. However while I was out today, I got 7 more apps and 2 sites to fill out tonight. Did a couple while I was there. So 11 in total. Also, I have decided to go back to school pt.:) I'm happy! Everyone needs to be happy and STOP FIGHTING!

and btw Woodrow, I've applied for fast food places. It's respectable work. Honest work. And that's all that counts.
desperate not stupid

United States

#17 Dec 3, 2012
a tax payer wrote:
<quoted text> glad to hear of you trying, just don't forget to check back daily with the buisnesses you placed apps with...most often they will not call you, I wish you the best of luck and it doesn't matter where you work so long as you're trying, hope you do have a merry Christmas!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AS WELL :)
Thank you for your kind words and support. It is appreciated greatly!
Woodrow

Tucker, GA

#18 Dec 3, 2012
I was just saying if you can do better than working at McDonalds than do so. What's wrong with that?
worker bee

Lexington, KY

#19 Dec 3, 2012
Woodrow wrote:
<quoted text>Well let me start with what do you do for a living ?
i own 3 businesses, woodrow. what do you do for a living? and, i'll have you know, i got my start at mcdonalds many years ago. guess it paid off, hm?
Woodrow

Tucker, GA

#20 Dec 3, 2012
worker bee wrote:
<quoted text>
i own 3 businesses, woodrow. what do you do for a living? and, i'll have you know, i got my start at mcdonalds many years ago. guess it paid off, hm?
I'm a welder for a living I became a welder by going to school for it. Why don't you give this women a job at one of your many businesses. It sure is easy to tell someone else to go get a degrading job when your doing ok yourself isn't it.
BrailynnL

Manchester, KY

#21 Dec 6, 2012
Woodrow wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a welder for a living I became a welder by going to school for it. Why don't you give this women a job at one of your many businesses. It sure is easy to tell someone else to go get a degrading job when your doing ok yourself isn't it.
Woodrow,what kind of job can you get welding...Where do you work? Just wondering, my husband wants to get into that..he thinks you can get in with schools n stuff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
girls who cheat with "taken" men (Mar '10) 3 hr what 65
Backpage clan (Sep '14) 5 hr skeeter 95
Does any one know william meador, the dude that... (Jul '12) 6 hr 007 king 36
Does anyone know JJ Buckler and Jodie Thomas an... (Jul '15) 9 hr UsoNosey 6
East Jessamine High School Band Camp (Jul '13) 14 hr former band mom 26
Who has had Jolene Herbst (Jun '11) 15 hr ANC 11
Papa Johns 17 hr Elvis 10

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicholasville Mortgages