JustMe

Lexington, KY

#1 May 21, 2010
Does anyone know where to go in Nicholasville for AA Meetings. Are they free?
RichieRoxi

Boca Raton, FL

#2 May 21, 2010
JustMe wrote:
Im not sure on the location but AA (and other meetings) are ALWAYS FREE!!! I used to go to NA (narcotics) and the meeting was free in our group (not all do this) and they used to bring doughnuts and coffee so at the meeting there was a cup that was placed by the coffee and it wasnt mandatory to put money in there but we were funded by the peopl]e who attend the meeting. Usually everybody would bring in $1,$2 , or $3 and put it in the cup and whoever is heading up the meetings takes the money and buys the coffee and doughnuts for the next meeting. meetings are great I definatly recommend one!!!!!
RichieRoxi

Boca Raton, FL

#3 May 21, 2010
I have never heard of any cover charge to get in a meeting they are always free and you dont have to put in money especially if you dont eat doughnuts or drink coffee!!!!
seriously

Huntington, IN

#4 May 21, 2010
U dont even live here right? So how would u know where they r and how they do things there are meetings at st lukes church on main st there are meetings at the church on delong road there are plenty of resources that r totally free
JustMe

Lexington, KY

#5 May 21, 2010
Thank You, I'll look into these locations.
RichieRoxi

Boca Raton, FL

#6 May 21, 2010
seriously wrote:
U dont even live here right? So how would u know where they r and how they do things there are meetings at st lukes church on main st there are meetings at the church on delong road there are plenty of resources that r totally free
LOL! No I dont live there and never have but AA and NA are the same in every state...... Im sure you can find out where meetings are online too. I go to a methadone program and they give out this book full of meetings and there is alot of them, so many you cant even attend all of em! They are all free though....... I was just sharing my experience of when I went how it was free but we had coffee and doughnuts so there was a cup by the coffee and you dont have to put money in, only if you have some to spare..... usually everybody puts in $1-$2 and than they can go buy all the stuff for the next one........ Im not sure how it goes in nicholasville but I have NEVER HEARD OF a meeting that charges a fee.
RichieRoxi

Boca Raton, FL

#7 May 21, 2010
Also, Check your local phone book too I know there is a AA number and an NA number to call and im sure they can provide you with the same book full of meetings I get at my methadone clinic, they have all the info you will need.
kuckylady

Lexington, KY

#8 May 21, 2010
JustMe wrote:
there is one on the corner of mainand brown st called sos house

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindsey Bonds 6 min true facts 5
Who died in grinder this morn 9 hr HateHeroinDealers 3
austin raleigh (Nov '09) 10 hr concerned 21
Mr M Tudor and his Wife 10 hr The Boss 11
Jake Warren 11 hr WetBarbie2356 4
Gangs in nicholasville 17 hr DUH 22
Nichole Thomas 21 hr Info 1

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance