First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Really Wondering

Lexington, KY

#1 Oct 26, 2011
What do the people of Nicholasville and Jessamine Co. Really think of the EMS service and the Chief? Share it all good and bad.
well

Lexington, KY

#2 Oct 26, 2011
I think they do a good job.They should get paid more.How much do they make? I heard it's not much for what they have to do.

Since: May 11

Lexington, KY

#3 Oct 26, 2011
I have two ems workers that live on my street, so I see their buses parked outside of their home, which I have no problem with, but why do they have to leave them running? I ask because number 1 the gas they run we're paying for, and the second because one lives across the street and when they come home in the middle of the night, it wakes my son up because his window faces where the bus is just sitting a loudly running. And we just LOVE when they leave on an emergency how they run the sirens at 2 on our street where there is no emergency.
imho

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Oct 27, 2011
the service could be amazing, but when you have shit for leaders then you have shit for a service. need to get a chief that is worth a damn and can keep his hands off the women
truth

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Oct 27, 2011
imho wrote:
the service could be amazing, but when you have shit for leaders then you have shit for a service. need to get a chief that is worth a damn and can keep his hands off the women
well people just need to quit making up lies. They save lives everyday and are expected to focus when women who don't get what they want resort to making stuff up to try and destroy people. Not to mention they take an innocent situation and turn it around to try an trap people Selfish, self-centered desperate people. I have the upmost respect for what they do.
jc citizen

United States

#6 Oct 27, 2011
RozaLynn wrote:
I have two ems workers that live on my street, so I see their buses parked outside of their home, which I have no problem with, but why do they have to leave them running? I ask because number 1 the gas they run we're paying for, and the second because one lives across the street and when they come home in the middle of the night, it wakes my son up because his window faces where the bus is just sitting a loudly running. And we just LOVE when they leave on an emergency how they run the sirens at 2 on our street where there is no emergency.
I know it's got to be annoying but the reason they keep them running is bc they have to keep the meds on board a certain temp. and they can't do that if they turn them off. as for the sirens late at night. they're not supposed to run thru neighborhoods with sirens on after 10pm. or maybe 11pm. just the lights.

Since: May 11

Lexington, KY

#7 Oct 27, 2011
jc citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I know it's got to be annoying but the reason they keep them running is bc they have to keep the meds on board a certain temp. and they can't do that if they turn them off. as for the sirens late at night. they're not supposed to run thru neighborhoods with sirens on after 10pm. or maybe 11pm. just the lights.
well that makes since about keeping them running for the meds never thought of that.
check again

United States

#8 Oct 27, 2011
jc citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's got to be annoying but the reason they keep them running is bc they have to keep the meds on board a certain temp. and they can't do that if they turn them off. as for the sirens late at night. they're not supposed to run thru neighborhoods with sirens on after 10pm. or maybe 11pm. just the lights.
KRS dictates that emergency vehicles will have lights and siren activated continuously while responding to an emergency. If lights and siren are not activated, an emergency vehicle must obey all traffic laws. They are only following the law.

As for EMS service, you should request their response times and SOP on how long they have to leave the station. At night, they don't even have to be enroute for five minutes after dispatched!
Murtle

Nicholasville, KY

#9 Oct 27, 2011
imho wrote:
the service could be amazing, but when you have shit for leaders then you have shit for a service. need to get a chief that is worth a damn and can keep his hands off the women
who is the chief?
KRS189940

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Oct 28, 2011
jc citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
as for the sirens late at night. they're not supposed to run thru neighborhoods with sirens on after 10pm. or maybe 11pm. just the lights.
Negative, Ghostrider. State law requires the siren to be used at all times. Not great if you live in the neighborhood, but the county can not change the state law.
Ghost rider

Louisville, KY

#11 Oct 29, 2011
KRS189940 wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative, Ghostrider. State law requires the siren to be used at all times. Not great if you live in the neighborhood, but the county can not change the state law.
if that's the case, why do they run down the bypass with just their lights flashing every night?
Good Point

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Oct 29, 2011
Ghost rider wrote:
<quoted text>if that's the case, why do they run down the bypass with just their lights flashing every night?
Ghost rider, the people quoting KRS are technically correct but there really is no excuse for them to use sirens late at night in residential neighborhoods. Running as an emergency vehicle saves time mainly because it allows you to get around slower moving traffic and through red lights. The time you save by actually going faster than the speed limit is negligible. So they could wait a couple of minutes to exit the neighborhood and activate their equipment when they hit the main road.
Citizen

Nashville, TN

#13 Nov 5, 2011
If it were YOUR family driving that emergency vehicle, you would want them to use their sirens everywhere. It is for SAFETY. All it takes is one vehicle pulling out to kill the crew and/or patients. Get over the minor inconvenience of being woken up, and appreciate the work they are doing for you (at an insanely low rate of pay as well).
It -is- state law. One that is sometimes not always followed. It becomes a personal call on the part of the crew. If they don't use it, they may not be safe. If they do, people complain.

Since: May 11

Nicholasville, KY

#14 Nov 5, 2011
Citizen wrote:
If it were YOUR family driving that emergency vehicle, you would want them to use their sirens everywhere. It is for SAFETY. All it takes is one vehicle pulling out to kill the crew and/or patients. Get over the minor inconvenience of being woken up, and appreciate the work they are doing for you (at an insanely low rate of pay as well).
It -is- state law. One that is sometimes not always followed. It becomes a personal call on the part of the crew. If they don't use it, they may not be safe. If they do, people complain.
you must not have small children, and are unaware of how hard it is to get them to go back to sleep, especially when they have school the next morning. Feel free to use lights. In a small subdivision like ours you don't have to use the siren at 2 am
justsaying

Nicholasville, KY

#15 Nov 5, 2011
First of all, we should be thankful that the service they provide in this county is free for all, not just those that cant pay. Also they will take you to which ever hospital you choose, once again with no bill.
Second of all, how can you say anything bad about people that respond to your call for help. People, strangers, that show up to care for you or your loved ones in time of need.
They saved my life, as I see it, when they showed up to my house in a desperate moment, and cared for me with respect. They calmed my very small children, as they worried for their mother, watching me be taken out of my home on a stretcher, so sick I could not even talk.
You people will be grateful the day you need help. I am so ashamed of your disrespect.
wow

Lexington, KY

#16 Nov 5, 2011
justsaying wrote:
First of all, we should be thankful that the service they provide in this county is free for all, not just those that cant pay. Also they will take you to which ever hospital you choose, once again with no bill.
Second of all, how can you say anything bad about people that respond to your call for help. People, strangers, that show up to care for you or your loved ones in time of need.
They saved my life, as I see it, when they showed up to my house in a desperate moment, and cared for me with respect. They calmed my very small children, as they worried for their mother, watching me be taken out of my home on a stretcher, so sick I could not even talk.
You people will be grateful the day you need help. I am so ashamed of your disrespect.
I to am dissapointed at the lack of respect for our EMS, They work very hard for little pay.To the people complaining about the sirens,How would you feel if that was you or a loved one they were coming to or taking to the E.R.?Would you want them to use the sirens to get there quicker?We should all be grateful for this FREE service.I for one am glad that they are there for us when we need them.They are far more caring and sensitive than our police dept.are.

Since: May 11

Lexington, KY

#17 Nov 5, 2011
wow wrote:
<quoted text>I to am dissapointed at the lack of respect for our EMS, They work very hard for little pay.To the people complaining about the sirens,How would you feel if that was you or a loved one they were coming to or taking to the E.R.?Would you want them to use the sirens to get there quicker?We should all be grateful for this FREE service.I for one am glad that they are there for us when we need them.They are far more caring and sensitive than our police dept.are.
the service is NOT free it's usually covered by insurance and you don't see the bill, but the service is NOT free.
Funny

United States

#18 Nov 6, 2011
Lol, although I completely agree with your entire post, I think our EMS is great and they do great things, your last sentence makes me laugh. They are more caring and sensitive than the cops....lol. Of course they are! Why should cops be sensitive, they don't provide medical care for wounded like EMS does. Besides what do u expect a cop to be like, i want my cops to be hard on people, not saying please would u stop doing something u know u shouldn't...please, that's if u want to that is, don't wanna hurt your feelings...lol. But that is all, just made me chuckle.
wow wrote:
<quoted text>I to am dissapointed at the lack of respect for our EMS, They work very hard for little pay.To the people complaining about the sirens,How would you feel if that was you or a loved one they were coming to or taking to the E.R.?Would you want them to use the sirens to get there quicker?We should all be grateful for this FREE service.I for one am glad that they are there for us when we need them.They are far more caring and sensitive than our police dept.are.
wow

Lexington, KY

#19 Nov 6, 2011
True,LOL!!! That was a dumb thing to write!!HAHA!!I should have read it before posting it!!LOL!!! Have a great day!!:)
nice

Lexington, KY

#20 Nov 6, 2011
It's a great service.They always take such good care of my Grandpa when they are called to the vet.center in wilmore.Thanks ems!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shortarm gang Nicholassville ky 1 hr ann baker 2
Steve peel (Mar '15) 1 hr Alrighty 84
Jessamine County Jail 1 hr New 21
Al's Auto Repair 400 North Main Street 2 hr cathy 1
tiffany bowman (Jan '15) 2 hr kaitlin 25
Scott Meeks & breana Michelle Tillman are 12!!!... (Mar '15) 5 hr Millf 35
Erin Thompson 7 hr Hiya 1

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicholasville Mortgages