United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

I heard a certified firearm instructor at Semper Fi Firearms shot himself in the hand last week. I heard a students gun jammed and he retrieve the weapon from the student. I am just curious why he had his hand in front of the barrel anyways. Do they not practice gun safety there. You never put your hand in front of the barrel of a loaded weapon. What I think was even more amazing is how the Nicholasville Police Dept covered this up. You notice there was nothing ever in the newspaper about it. I thought all shootings had to have a police report filed.
shat hippens

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

If true, let it be a lesson. Guns are not toys, respect them and treat everyone as loaded, never point at anything you do not intend to shoot.
Woww

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

What does this have to do with NPD? Sounds like an accident and a medical problem not a police problem genius
King of Battle

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Wtf wrote:
I heard a certified firearm instructor at Semper Fi Firearms shot himself in the hand last week. I heard a students gun jammed and he retrieve the weapon from the student. I am just curious why he had his hand in front of the barrel anyways. Do they not practice gun safety there. You never put your hand in front of the barrel of a loaded weapon. What I think was even more amazing is how the Nicholasville Police Dept covered this up. You notice there was nothing ever in the newspaper about it. I thought all shootings had to have a police report filed.
FIRST OFF the Name Semper Fi should say it ALL "Marine" that usually equals DUUUUUUUHHHHH. lolol and a GSW Only has to be reported IF the individual actually goes to the hospital. My guess,,, Simple flesh wound, to embarassed to go. Way to gut it out Devil Dog!.
GySgt

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

King of Battle wrote:
<quoted text>FIRST OFF the Name Semper Fi should say it ALL "Marine" that usually equals DUUUUUUUHHHHH. lolol and a GSW Only has to be reported IF the individual actually goes to the hospital. My guess,,, Simple flesh wound, to embarassed to go. Way to gut it out Devil Dog!.
You sound like a jealous fat a$$ nasty wanna be who either is to gutless to serve your country or too scared to join an elite brother/sisterhood like the USMC.

If this is true, accidents happen even for highly trained skilled professionals like Marines. The important thing is that no life was lost and the trainer acted on impulse and instinct before the shooters reaction caused harm to them self or anyone else.
Semper Fi
Ooh Rah
King of Battle

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

GySgt wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a jealous fat a$$ nasty wanna be who either is to gutless to serve your country or too scared to join an elite brother/sisterhood like the USMC.
If this is true, accidents happen even for highly trained skilled professionals like Marines. The important thing is that no life was lost and the trainer acted on impulse and instinct before the shooters reaction caused harm to them self or anyone else.
Semper Fi
Ooh Rah
LMAO Leave it to a jar head to get all Huffy over a little razzin by a member of the "ORIGINAL HOME TEAM" The United States Army!!!! And Elite?????? Are you kidding???? The only reason I could'nt enlist myself was because the Recuiter said I was'nt DUMB enough. And how you gonna sit there and talk about how HIGHLY TRAINED ya'll are and shoot yourself in the hand. LMMFAO. Come on man!!!!!! Hey did you know that the U.S. Morons,,,, uhhh I mean Marines were BORN of the U.S. NAVY??? Thats right folks the Squid Brigade is'nt even it's own branch, But hey enough busting this Devil Dog's six. Look dude As a Veteran of over 15 years myself. I take my hat off to ANYONE who has the gutts to serve. I don't care what uniform ya don if it's in the defense of our Country then Semper Fi, OOOH Raaah, hooowaaah, Hoooooraaa and all that other Gung Ho crapp. So relax, chill out , take a step back and regroup Grunt. Im one of the good guys,, If ya want blood go get it from one of those Muslim A$$HOLES. And don't forget "CLEAR THE WEAPON!!!!!!!!.
Just Sayin

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

I have been an avid shooter of the range since they opened in April. I have been treated with nothing but kindness. They are always very helpful, and as a lady shooter I really appriciate all of the help they have provided. So be it, I am sure a baseball player has been hit with a baseball, a construction worker has hit their thumb or dropped a tool on their foot, but accidents do happen, if this even actually happened. It is a hazard of the profession, whatever profession it may be.
oruacat2

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Do they allow you to rent particular handguns at Semper Fi to test before you buy? I know Bud's does - what about this new place?

Thanks in advance
bulletman1

Lebanon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

These guys are a bunch of clueless JAR HEADS that think their CRAP DOES NOT STINK! Believe me-I will...as well as quite a few other of my close friends will never step foot in that place again. they have no (HEART) no definition of customer service and are basically RUDE!....These goons need a wake up call. DO NOT VISIT! You will be sorry
SATAN

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Yep, it happened I was there. This accident plus the pour customer service has in outraged me to stop going.

Snake Eater
abc

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

i actually like that place.. i dont have many weapons or anything like that but i bought my first gun from them,, they were really nice and professional. their customer service was pretty good as well,
i would recommend this place to all my friends..
John

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

I really liked the place. All the guys were nice and helpful. Accidents happen, no reason to hold it against them. I shoot at their range all of the time now. I recommend it.
Jeff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

They can be helpful but on some items they're over priced. Buds is where its at as far as pricing. Or classic arms and archery. As far as helpful and knowledgeable staff classic arms is it. Five stars. But who doesnt miss don at the gun site. That's a professional.
up side down

Brownsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

I would buy my guns from semper fi any day over simpsons gun shop. Larry Simpson is an ass and a crook not worth the air he breaths
My Experience

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

I've never had anything other than good experiences there. I've bought multiple firearms, knives and accesories as well as used the range. I had an issue with a scope and they fixed it. Not their problem, but they did it anyway so I would be able to use it that weekend rather than send it off. As for price, they have been as cheap or cheaper than Bud's on what I've gotten. I got a deal, but they will do it if needed. Just with they or anyone had anything in stock right now.
Woodrow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

No don't go to this place it sucks. The guys think there hard asses and buds is cheaper on everything.
I know

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

He was not a instructor certified by any one.. Not even a range safety officer.. He owned the place so that made him an expert...lol. Now he keeps his ass out front and his insurance co made him hire the real deal... And yes it was pretty bad hand injury and he did have to go to hospital ..
Dallas

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

The people that own Semper Fi are top notch. I have been treated with the utmost respect and have been happy with their customer service. They have more integrity than anyone else I've encountered in the business-helpful and they back what they sell.
LexGator

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Great shop with a helpful staff. The range is first class and they stock some hard to find ammunition. Two thumbs up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Nicholasville Forum right now

Search the Nicholasville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Le Jimbo 146,292
is southbrook a good neiborhood to live in? 2 hr jp 2
Edgenuity at EJHS 4 hr Edgenuity-hating-student 62
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr Ashby 26,189
Judge Dixon - Holding in Contempt 6 hr A mother 15
cute guy with gauges that works at circle k 6 hr ashleigh 25
What happened to the Stephanie Lair thread 6 hr DeeDee 33 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Nicholasville Jobs

•••