how do i get to indian falls?

Posted in the Nicholasville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
josh

Lexington, KY

#1 May 7, 2009
i like to hike when it warms up and i am new here but have been told that indian falls is nice and there are some trails,lol,i just dont know how to get there,if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
baldeagle

Fitzgerald, GA

#2 May 7, 2009
josh wrote:
i like to hike when it warms up and i am new here but have been told that indian falls is nice and there are some trails,lol,i just dont know how to get there,if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
SRY to tell you that Indian Falls is on private property & they do arrest people for tresspassing. It has sort of become the place to sneak into for years & years but....
his friend

Perry, GA

#3 May 7, 2009
you got that right, you get caught, big trouble.
josh

Lexington, KY

#4 May 7, 2009
k.scratch that then.do u guys know anywhere around here to jump off of cliffs like at a swimming hole or lake,ect.?
unanomous

Elko, GA

#5 May 7, 2009
well on brumfield lane if you are coming from sugar creek there is a blue gate on the right (not like a drive way but a grass trail that goes through the woods) that is a trail that leads to a creek that takes you to indian falls. i was ridin 4-wheelers a while bak with my buddy and we rode down the trail and walked to indian falls and it was absolutely beautiful but i was under the impression that it was open to public. and he told me that his uncle owns the property (hay field) on the other side of the creek so we could ride on it, so we were then a litle red truck came flyin out of no ware and i started to realize that he had lied.
personally i would not go back on a 4-wheeler but if you parked at the creek and walk there im sure no one will notice you or bother you
easiest way

Lexington, KY

#6 May 8, 2009
go down sulpher well after you pass hoover take tour next right which is jon watts got to the end you will come to a stop take a left go about 1ooo ft
hike down the cliff then go back up the ridge to the falls
CountyRebel

Richmond, KY

#7 May 8, 2009
I used to live right at Indian falls, and have family thats currently lives there in the trailor right in front of it, As long as you dont raise any ruccus im sure you'l be just fine, When coming from 27 take Sugar creek, ( I beleive its rd # 1268 ) go down till you hit Brumfield Ln That rd. will take you to a creek, and you should find plenty of places to hike through around there. You used to be able to drive through the creek but Id say its up pretty high right now.
CountyRebel

Richmond, KY

#8 May 8, 2009
There's also A pretty nice place to go hiking in Garrard county, Its the Nature consevancy's land but its open to the public for hiking, Not that im very particular on the Nature Conservancy, but it is a nice place to go, Go across Camp nelson bridge and take Pollys Bend rd. Its # 1845, the last right turn before you get to Rocky Top Shell, Go down that rd. a pretty good peice and I cant remember the Rd. name but its right before a church on the right, You should be able to find it, because I think that's the only church on that rd.
josh

Lexington, KY

#9 May 8, 2009
CountyRebel wrote:
I used to live right at Indian falls, and have family thats currently lives there in the trailor right in front of it, As long as you dont raise any ruccus im sure you'l be just fine, When coming from 27 take Sugar creek,( I beleive its rd # 1268 ) go down till you hit Brumfield Ln That rd. will take you to a creek, and you should find plenty of places to hike through around there. You used to be able to drive through the creek but Id say its up pretty high right now.
thank you very much.is it a high falls.and can you fish or swim anywhere there,or no?
Finaly

UK

#10 May 8, 2009
I've been wondering where that was at. I have been wanting to go down there and get drunk ever since I turned 16 and got my license. Thank you guys for helping me find it.
wouldnt advise it

Frankfort, KY

#11 May 11, 2009
Finaly wrote:
I've been wondering where that was at. I have been wanting to go down there and get drunk ever since I turned 16 and got my license. Thank you guys for helping me find it.
I really wouldn't advise going down there to get drunk...especially if you're driving. Someone will call the law on you and you will go to jail. Not to mention, if you'd do a little bit of research you might find that bad things have happened down there in the past. Partying and high cliffs don't really mix. Most important it is Private Property. Trespassing, drinking under age and driving under the influence are all illegal.
do not go

Versailles, KY

#12 May 11, 2009
a good friend of my husbands had done some partying there and that is where he last took his breath..he fell off a cliff there. please do not go if u are gonna be drinking or doing drugs.it is hard enough to go sober. be cautious please. only thing about ur safety here.
Finaly

UK

#13 May 11, 2009
Yea I have been there many times I have known where this place was since I was a kid. I wouldn't do any partying there I to have lost someone who was close to me down there from falling off a cliff.

I was just saying people shouldnt post directions to that place on here for just anyone to go down there and do such a thing. This is a small town if you cant find out how to get there from friends then chances are there not telling you for a reason.
really

Olive Hill, KY

#14 May 11, 2009
If you dont know where it is and dont know the land dont go looking!!!
CountyRebel

Richmond, KY

#15 May 18, 2009
Yea I agree, Its very dangerous down there, If your gonna be drinking at least go to the end of the Lane and party down there, I would'nt advise walking around the falls while drinking!
nope

AOL

#16 May 18, 2009
okay indain falls is for the people that own it and you will go to jail if u get cought...so dont be going down there partying and trashing the place people do check down there so dont go down there at all...Unless you get permission from the owner!
common sense

Harrodsburg, KY

#18 Jun 28, 2009
I don't see how anyone can be so devoid of common sense to think that drinking around a @#$%ing waterfall sounds like a good time! I implore you, if you are going to do that garbage, take it elsewhere! On a different note, me and a friend found a waterfall in Jessamine county yesterday that is far more impressive than Indian Falls... It was an 80 some foot sheer drop (aka high enough to kill you really easily. Ain't no one falling off this fall and living) It really surprised us because we weren't looking for it and we hadn't heard anything about it - it was just there. Alas, it is on private property as well.
Wondering

AOL

#19 Jun 28, 2009
And where was the one you found at?
Nature Lover

Georgetown, KY

#20 Jul 19, 2009
Can someone give me exact directions? We want to go & ask permission from the land owners, we will not trespass without permision, we want to take some photos for our album. WE DO NOT DRINK or party! We would just like to observe the beauty of our county, its a REAL SHAME that people go there & trash the place! Why would you destroy our local landmarks? If someone could be so kind & help us ASAP, I want to take advantage of it on my day off, Thank You, God Bless
Fishing

Perry, GA

#21 Jul 20, 2009
Where are the good fishing spots around here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know greg jones? (Mar '09) 29 min jakethesnake 20
Clifford fox 48 min Notprivatebitch 8
john drury (Feb '10) 1 hr Redcorn 11
Anyone know John Drury? 1 hr Redcorn 2
Dear Spelling Bee 1 hr Welp 16
Paige Webb. 3 hr Joleane 3
Desiree sparks (Sep '16) 3 hr Joleane 22

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance