amanda latham

Versailles, KY

#83 Sep 14, 2009
i went to court monday when she had it and the judge said that the evidence they have on her now is greater than it was in the beginning of the case but pretty much there is no way in hell that she will be getting out . so all i can say is that the best place for the whore is where she is her husband needs to go before he gets hurt really bad
listen

Lexington, KY

#84 Sep 26, 2009
there is a big difference in blatenly killing someone andsomeone dieing as a result of a autombile crash. yes it may have happined because of irresponciblity and i know you all are hurting but the question is where do you go from here how many of us seed up just a little when the light turns yellow? if you crashed and killed someone would that be a poor desission is it justifiable? no you sped up some but you didn't mean to harm anyone. put yourself i that place. how many have been in a bar and drank just a little to much and at closeing time said well i think i can make it and did? what if you ran into a family and caused the deaths of others. are you a murder? did you want this to happin? those kids are gone and so is lori. do you think lori wanted those kids to die. yes she payed the altimate price but she gambled if she had lived how many would be on here wanting her to spend her life in prison? so were does this leave us ? do we call everyone who crashes and causes a death murders? drunk or not there was no intent to harm any person or child in this case. maybe poor desisions but no melisious behavior. it will be hard for all families to get over this including mine but we simply cannot change the past. i know there are things we all wish we had done including melissa, to prevent this from hapining but hind sight is 20/20. lashing out just hurt each other, it hurts our families.and anger does not solve anything. just makes things hurt morei've read so many post , most of them Darrin's,what do you get Darrin from hurting all these family members inside? from forcing anger into there harts. dont you go to school now have you not grown up yet? i hope you have a change of hart. lori's gone and your remarried move on you have nothing to do with this any more. you just stearing anger. i hope you change your hart. maybe some day you will will use your time doing something good for some one.
mt dew wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure there is some degree of remorse on melissa's conscience, but the point is......that people were killed at her hands. There are consequences for those actions. by her trying to get out of it on a supposed technicality, shows exactly how much remorse she doesn't have.
listen

Lexington, KY

#85 Sep 26, 2009
amanda before you make threats you should remember that your putting your self in danger, this is not a good desission. people are just people. your husband, sister, cosen what ever you are to this caseyou must remember lori was just as much at fault and i know you would not want her living her life in prison. you would want her out why because you and i know she would not have wanted to harm a sole that was in that accident. i know you may have a low o.q but you are smart enough to know this would be true.
amanda latham wrote:
i went to court monday when she had it and the judge said that the evidence they have on her now is greater than it was in the beginning of the case but pretty much there is no way in hell that she will be getting out . so all i can say is that the best place for the whore is where she is her husband needs to go before he gets hurt really bad
Darrin Shelton

Cincinnati, OH

#86 Sep 26, 2009
listen wrote:
there is a big difference in blatenly killing someone andsomeone dieing as a result of a autombile crash. yes it may have happined because of irresponciblity and i know you all are hurting but the question is where do you go from here how many of us seed up just a little when the light turns yellow? if you crashed and killed someone would that be a poor desission is it justifiable? no you sped up some but you didn't mean to harm anyone. put yourself i that place. how many have been in a bar and drank just a little to much and at closeing time said well i think i can make it and did? what if you ran into a family and caused the deaths of others. are you a murder? did you want this to happin? those kids are gone and so is lori. do you think lori wanted those kids to die. yes she payed the altimate price but she gambled if she had lived how many would be on here wanting her to spend her life in prison? so were does this leave us ? do we call everyone who crashes and causes a death murders? drunk or not there was no intent to harm any person or child in this case. maybe poor desisions but no melisious behavior. it will be hard for all families to get over this including mine but we simply cannot change the past. i know there are things we all wish we had done including melissa, to prevent this from hapining but hind sight is 20/20. lashing out just hurt each other, it hurts our families.and anger does not solve anything. just makes things hurt morei've read so many post , most of them Darrin's,what do you get Darrin from hurting all these family members inside? from forcing anger into there harts. dont you go to school now have you not grown up yet? i hope you have a change of hart. lori's gone and your remarried move on you have nothing to do with this any more. you just stearing anger. i hope you change your hart. maybe some day you will will use your time doing something good for some one. <quoted text>
this post has been dead for a couple of weeks now......you felt the need to stir the pot again....why...and yet you acuse me of being the mean one...I guess thruth does hurt after all.I think your looking for me to become your fall guy...Srry just not biting hooks anymore.Yall have a nice day.
u already know

Georgetown, KY

#87 Sep 27, 2009
listen wrote:
there is a big difference in blatenly killing someone andsomeone dieing as a result of a autombile crash. yes it may have happined because of irresponciblity and i know you all are hurting but the question is where do you go from here how many of us seed up just a little when the light turns yellow? if you crashed and killed someone would that be a poor desission is it justifiable? no you sped up some but you didn't mean to harm anyone. put yourself i that place. how many have been in a bar and drank just a little to much and at closeing time said well i think i can make it and did? what if you ran into a family and caused the deaths of others. are you a murder? did you want this to happin? those kids are gone and so is lori. do you think lori wanted those kids to die. yes she payed the altimate price but she gambled if she had lived how many would be on here wanting her to spend her life in prison? so were does this leave us ? do we call everyone who crashes and causes a death murders? drunk or not there was no intent to harm any person or child in this case. maybe poor desisions but no melisious behavior. it will be hard for all families to get over this including mine but we simply cannot change the past. i know there are things we all wish we had done including melissa, to prevent this from hapining but hind sight is 20/20. lashing out just hurt each other, it hurts our families.and anger does not solve anything. just makes things hurt morei've read so many post , most of them Darrin's,what do you get Darrin from hurting all these family members inside? from forcing anger into there harts. dont you go to school now have you not grown up yet? i hope you have a change of hart. lori's gone and your remarried move on you have nothing to do with this any more. you just stearing anger. i hope you change your hart. maybe some day you will will use your time doing something good for some one. <quoted text>
it may not have been intentional, but it still happened. Lori paid more of a price for her decisions that Melissa Helton will EVER think about paying. 4 people are dead 100% because of Melissa Helton, and for her to be trying to get out of it makes me wanna throw up. To drag all this back out in the open and make these families face all this again shows just how much she doesn't care. She did do it....without a doubt.......so now it's time to pay the piper melissa. take responsibility for YOUR OWN ACTIONS and do you time. You owe it to these families.
POPS

Lexington, KY

#88 Sep 27, 2009
listen wrote:
if you crashed and killed someone would that be a poor decession is it justifiable? no you sped up some but you didn't mean to harm anyone. put yourself in that place. how many have been in a bar and drank just a little to much and at closeing time said well i think i can make it and did? what if you ran into a family and caused the deaths of others. are you a murder? did you want this to happin? do you think lori wanted those kids to die. yes she payed the ultimate price but she gambled if she had lived how many would be on here wanting her to spend her life in prison? so where does this leave us ? do we call everyone who crashes and causes a death murders? drunk or not there was no intent to harm any person or child in this case. maybe poor desisions but no melisious behavior. i know there are things we all wish we had done including melissa, to prevent this from happening but hind sight is 20/20. lashing out just hurts each other, it hurts our families, and anger does not solve anything. just makes things hurt more i've read so many post , most of them Darrin's,what do you get Darrin from hurting all these family members inside? from forcing anger into there hearts. dont you go to school now have you not grown up yet? i hope you have a change of heart. lori's gone and you're, remarried move on you have nothing to do with this any more. you just stirring anger. i hope you change your heart. maybe some day you will will use your time doing something good for some one. <quoted text>
To answer an early question about being murder, YES it is murder. Even the laws differentiate the degrees of murder such as but not limited to: murder 1, murder 2, negligent homocide, vehicular homicide etc & the penalties are different too.
To be at a bar (or a "swimming hole" & have drink after drink after drink is NOT an accident of events. It is a willful decision & a negligent one at best. There was NO yellow light.
I truly sympatize with the loss of her child but it was an "adult" behavoral choice to drink & drink. Even if it is an addiction & she should do LONG time, 20 years or even more.
The whole thing is very very sad, there are good & bad consequences for EVERY choice that we make, the only choice that those children made was to obey what the "adults" told them to do....get into the car! They & their families have paid, forever & ever, for a choice that someone else made.
dumb

Georgetown, KY

#89 Sep 27, 2009
listen wrote:
amanda before you make threats you should remember that your putting your self in danger, this is not a good desission. people are just people. your husband, sister, cosen what ever you are to this caseyou must remember lori was just as much at fault and i know you would not want her living her life in prison. you would want her out why because you and i know she would not have wanted to harm a sole that was in that accident. i know you may have a low o.q but you are smart enough to know this would be true. <quoted text>
And Lori paid the ultimate price. Melissa Helton still has to take responsibility for what she did. Lori can't spend the rest of her life in jail BECAUSE SHE ISN'T HERE........as an adult she made a decision, and she suffered and her family is still suffering because of it. Let her and those precious children RIP and quit trying to take the heat off of Melissa Helton!
sorry

Lexington, KY

#90 Sep 27, 2009
sorry where she at she doeant get internet. how stupid are you??????????
u already know wrote:
<quoted text>
it may not have been intentional, but it still happened. Lori paid more of a price for her decisions that Melissa Helton will EVER think about paying. 4 people are dead 100% because of Melissa Helton, and for her to be trying to get out of it makes me wanna throw up. To drag all this back out in the open and make these families face all this again shows just how much she doesn't care. She did do it....without a doubt.......so now it's time to pay the piper melissa. take responsibility for YOUR OWN ACTIONS and do you time. You owe it to these families.
sorry

Lexington, KY

#91 Sep 27, 2009
sorry she doesn't get internet. sorry type o. now how stupid are you??????????
sorry

Lexington, KY

#92 Sep 27, 2009
all and i dont understand what your trying to say in one breath you say lori paid for her share and in another breath you say 100 % melissa's fault. how stupid are you ??????????at least you got you name right dumb..........
dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
And Lori paid the ultimate price. Melissa Helton still has to take responsibility for what she did. Lori can't spend the rest of her life in jail BECAUSE SHE ISN'T HERE........as an adult she made a decision, and she suffered and her family is still suffering because of it. Let her and those precious children RIP and quit trying to take the heat off of Melissa Helton!
listen

Lexington, KY

#93 Sep 27, 2009
your right pops about 1 thing murder 1 premeditated , murder 2 involentaty but with intent to bring harm. negligent homoside. possibly a sentance they should have proposed it but didn't. vehicular homocide bing bing. there you go. but still they wanted more they had to go for the throat. either was she would have gotten the same time but on a prosecuter or judges record murder looks so much sweeter when it comes to re election time. see it didn't matter to them about the kids they just concitered it a great big stepping stone. problem is they got there self in a jam now . vehicular manslater would have worked but murder is a much tuffer charge for the prosecuters to prove and make stick. most deffently in a automobile accident situation. look for chanton jenkins huston texas drove off the road into a flooded revien 5 children ranging from ages 1 to 12 died 8 people in a car two babys without car seats dies as a result of his alchol and drugs as well as a charge for useing a cell phone while driving 5 counts vehicular manslater. to start. this man will probibly get 20 yrs but he is being charged correctly. no glory is needed by any body. no front page statement by a officer running for office. no political gain. this is why she will go free. to many mark furmans in the world looking for there glory.
POPS wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer an early question about being murder, YES it is murder. Even the laws differentiate the degrees of murder such as but not limited to: murder 1, murder 2, negligent homocide, vehicular homicide etc & the penalties are different too.
To be at a bar (or a "swimming hole" & have drink after drink after drink is NOT an accident of events. It is a willful decision & a negligent one at best. There was NO yellow light.
I truly sympatize with the loss of her child but it was an "adult" behavoral choice to drink & drink. Even if it is an addiction & she should do LONG time, 20 years or even more.
The whole thing is very very sad, there are good & bad consequences for EVERY choice that we make, the only choice that those children made was to obey what the "adults" told them to do....get into the car! They & their families have paid, forever & ever, for a choice that someone else made.
law dog

Lexington, KY

#94 Sep 27, 2009
like you got out of paying your child support dead beat dad.
Darrin Shelton wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing against you but I think if she was suffering she would do that 24 year sentence with no problems she would not ask for a new trail and cost tax payers money she wouldnt dragg this back thru courts she would see 24 years was a light sentence for taking 4 lives. I dont think she is suffering at all I donot think she has the heart to do so if she did she would do her time and stop trying to get out of it.
dumb

Georgetown, KY

#95 Sep 28, 2009
lori has already paid, and those kids trusted the adults that they were under the care of. melissa helton shouldn't even want to be out of jail and drag this all back up. she need to be under the jail.
hmmm

Cincinnati, OH

#96 Sep 28, 2009
law dog wrote:
like you got out of paying your child support dead beat dad.<quoted text>
Get a life Gary your wife is not coming home
Darrin Shelton

Cincinnati, OH

#97 Sep 28, 2009
listen wrote:
Did we read the same topic.I started out talking about my opion of Mellisa and yes I did get mean.If my words hurt her she should concider how her actions made others feel and acept her sentence.As far as other people go.....Youve read thier stories of me if those things was said of you you would get mean back.I relize I have no friends in either of those familys and I thank god for that.The only person in either of those two familys I give a damn about is my son.Me and him are fine we talk regularly now and I love spending time with his daughter my granddaughter You get posers on here like "law dog"aka Gary Helton too scared to put thier name with thier words but can make up story after story and I am the mean one.Cry me a river. Those children died at Melissas hands and she should do the right thing.
Just Wondering

London, KY

#98 Dec 5, 2009
So is there another court date or what? If so does anyone know when it is?
Pops

Lexington, KY

#99 Dec 5, 2009
Just Wondering wrote:
So is there another court date or what? If so does anyone know when it is?
Well, The way lawyers work & how 'complicated' they make legal procedure & interprutation of the law, it could take years all told. I am interested in an answer to your question too.
just wondering

United States

#100 Dec 7, 2009
how many of the parents and family members of the dead children are still druggies and drunks? What changed in your life? If you ever gonna see your child again in heaven, how I ask if you are still living like hell here?
tammy

Henderson, KY

#101 Dec 13, 2009
listen wrote:
amanda before you make threats you should remember that your putting your self in danger, this is not a good desission. people are just people. your husband, sister, cosen what ever you are to this caseyou must remember lori was just as much at fault and i know you would not want her living her life in prison. you would want her out why because you and i know she would not have wanted to harm a sole that was in that accident. i know you may have a low o.q but you are smart enough to know this would be true. <quoted text>
First off get something right my mother Lori was not at fault for them kids you ask any of them parents if they left there kids in care of my mom and i bet they all will say no. Melissa should spend the rest of her life in jail not for my mom but for them babies.
Lisa Latham Stone

Henderson, KY

#102 Dec 14, 2009
I was at the hospital and saw Melissa and smelled her and I smelled probable cause. The thing that bothers me most about Melissa is her inability to admit that she did anything wrong. If she doesnt know she is apt to it again. Maybe this time it will be one of you who think her rights were trampled on, who loses a child. Here is what they are doing. They are going to have a hearing to see if there was probable cause to take her blood to see if she was drinking. That is all. She is not getting out. As I said I was there at the hospital and saw Melissa I didnt have to be very close to her to smell the probable cause reaking off of her body. She made a terrible mistake that night one she must admit to and learn to live with. She must also accept the punishment the state has given her. Let this be a lesson to all of us. Dont drink and drive there is more than a DUI to worry about. And never let anyone drink and drive even if it is the norm. Bad things happen to good people.
Melissa was a friend of mine and Lori was my sister. Both were good people. But Melissa made a terrible mistake and now she must pay for it. I think the punishment will be much easier than the one will face in the next life if she doesnt repent and ask Jesus for forgivness. And lets not forget she took the lives of 3 children. Oh yeah she was not passed out. I was there she was awake and lying through her teeth to me about what happened. There will be a hearing to prove all that. I was there and once again all she cared about was herself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 star 30 min Miranda 7
Pleasant grove aka getto 31 min Toronto 7
Raven Sowder 1 hr Joe 4
anybody work at McKechnie (Mar '09) 1 hr Wow 94
Katherine Lamb 2 hr hahaha 3
Alisha Willis 3 hr Blooming 7
How can i find ricky hush 4 hr Ricky hush 17
Sexiest girl in nicholasville? 7 hr Lois 34

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web