Multiple people killed in Nicholasvil...

Multiple people killed in Nicholasville crash

There are 228 comments on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from Jun 26, 2014, titled Multiple people killed in Nicholasville crash. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

NICHOLASVILLE, KY Multiple people were killed in a head-on crash involving two SUVs in Nicholasville, according to the Nicholasville Police Department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Summer

United States

#3 Jun 27, 2014
Does anyone know the identity of the 6th person taken in the wreck? RIP Sending prayers in this time of deep sarrow.
Knows

Kathleen, GA

#7 Jun 30, 2014
Summer wrote:
Does anyone know the identity of the 6th person taken in the wreck? RIP Sending prayers in this time of deep sarrow.
The woman was with a women's refuge. According to channel 36 Angelia Poe. That's the only info they gave no one mentions the condition of the others.
letsmakeitbetter

Lexington, KY

#8 Jul 3, 2014
Angela Poe's funeral will be on Saturday. Has anyone heard any updates on the conditions of the others?
letsmakeitbetter

Lexington, KY

#11 Jul 3, 2014
I agree Marissa that it saddens me that we don't know the rehab that the others that didn't die will be going thru. I do wish they felt they had a voice. I just keep hoping and praying that they are all ok, just mending and getting through this. Just so they know, we care.
Millie

Louisville, KY

#12 Jul 3, 2014
Not only road rage but no insurance either, and lets also not forget the ones alive in the hospital. Since three hibbard funerals were donated I think ask the money raised for then should go directly to those women that were affected by his rage.
Millie

Louisville, KY

#13 Jul 3, 2014
The not three
Millie

Louisville, KY

#14 Jul 3, 2014
All not ask dang auto correct
shameful

Morehead, KY

#15 Jul 3, 2014
The only reason it's gotten the recognition it has, is because of the kids. Adults don't seem to matter as much when kids are involved.
I think it's shameful, we're not being told anything about the others and there isn't someone trying to raise money for the deceased woman's expenses and those that are in the hospital. The survivors may or may not, have serious injuries and if they do, they are going to have lots of bills and need lots of rehab.
As I'm tying this, they're having another fundraiser for the Hibbard family at O'Reilly auto parts. This is so messed up, that family is gone, why does the extended family need money???
letsmakeitbetter

Lexington, KY

#16 Jul 3, 2014
I went to their - Refuge for Women facebook page. One of the ladies has been released. They are an organization like All God's Children, and had recently purchased that car. I didn't realize there was no insurance, wow. wow! No need for their fund raisers. In fact, if they are really going to do the right thing, they would be reaching out and helping the victims. And that is what I intend to do! They are from Danville. This community has not stood up to do the right thing for these people. They were simply on their way back home. They never even saw it coming. Everyones life changed that night. I go to church with one of the police officers that was there. I hope that we will reach out and do the right thing for these folks and appreciate that others were having similar thoughts as myself. However, they did not mention when the other two will be released nor what is being said about their conditions. Let's do what we feel is the right thing for the innocent victims.
Frank

Arlington, TX

#17 Jul 3, 2014
more released today from hospital. who didn't have insurance? Not sure where all this money is going if funerals are covered. Did they have outstanding bills? The headstones will need purchased. I hope these donations will cover that! Also not to be rude but these funerals are they going to be closed casket? Even cremation if they perished in the fire? Those types of funerals are a lot cheaper.
letsmakeitbetter

Lexington, KY

#18 Jul 3, 2014
Thank you Frank. So, only one more to come out! OP Millie said driver Hibbard had no insurance on his vehicle. So see how this is getting to an odd place. The guy is not insured and drives his car into another car, and his family is getting funerals donated and the family is asking for money??? Not even making any offerings to the people that were in the other vehicle. And yes, if they are buried and not cremated, then they should have headstones. In this case, cremation does make more sense. Angela Poe was baptized a short while ago. She is from Virginia and her funeral will be on Saturday.
Nicole

Cumming, GA

#19 Jul 3, 2014
Angela Poe was in the safe house I work at just a few months ago before going to Refuge for Women. She was an amazing woman and it breaks my heart that nobody is helping out her family. Not to mention the women who are in the hospital today having surgeries, and definitly experiencing a lot of emotional trauma when you are in the same car as a dear friend that dies before your eyes.
I am thanking God Ms. Angela was loved on by many before she went to heaven, but I pray that people would be led to support her family, and the rest of the women effected.
letsmakeitbetter

Lexington, KY

#20 Jul 3, 2014
Thank you Nicole for making her real to us. I am so sorry for what this horrific incident has done and how many lives have been affected. Please keep us updated on the progress of the person still in the hospital and having surgeries. We will be aware that you all need help and thank you!
so sad

Richmond, KY

#21 Jul 3, 2014
It just tears me up to think that this man,this husband,this father was driving a vehicle with his wife and children and didn't have a care in the world. If it was in anger then just what was the children going through up until the wreck? Scared in the back seat no doubt. It is just horrible to even think about what was being said and what they had to hear. It is just too sad to even think about. I hope every mother thinks about this. It could happen to anyone. Our children need to be safe and happy 24/7. I can't hardly ride with anyone because of tempers over other drivers.I would just as soon drive myself. At least i know me and mine are safer! The money over the amount needed should go to a charity for children in the kids names.
Sadbuttrue

Hattiesburg, MS

#24 Jul 4, 2014
I read in several news articles out of Louisville that Hibbard not only had no insurance but had not held a job in over a year until recently. His wife was working at a Walmart. They were living with family. I am sure they could have afforded car insurance. I do not know what the donations are for since the services are being provided for by the funeral director at no cost and their services are being held in a local church, unless it is for burial costs. Some of that money should go to pay the hospital bills of the ladies from the refuge program. They were truly innocent parties to this whole mess. If this was a case of road rage, then it should be a lesson to everyone not to let tempers flare when behind the wheel. We all will get to our destination eventually, getting upset and trying to rush through traffic won't get you there any faster.
Stevenfamily

United States

#25 Jul 4, 2014
Steven did keep a job he always took care of his family. Not long before the wreak he hurt himself n had surgery n wasn't able to work. He just started to get bck on his feet. Steven wasn't a angry person n I don't believe it was road rage. The 15 yrs I have known Steven he was never angry not once. He always had a smile on his face. He was the very best person n I will miss him n his family
Ur wrong

Lexington, KY

#26 Jul 4, 2014
Stevenfamily wrote:
Steven wasn't a angry person n I don't believe it was road rage.
Your wrong.
JonPaul

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Jul 4, 2014
Bullshit it wasnt he had passed numerous vehicle's estamated speed 70-75 he killed 4 innocent ppl including 3 children and a woman in the van he got a taste of hell in that vehicle before he died witch is where he is you wanna make him out a saint get your fact and those are them im updated alot the Phillips had already started a law suit according to there attorney but since the loser had no insurance I really hope they make his family go through more hell...
Tc original

Columbus, IN

#28 Jul 4, 2014
JonPaul wrote:
Bullshit it wasnt he had passed numerous vehicle's estamated speed 70-75 he killed 4 innocent ppl including 3 children and a woman in the van he got a taste of hell in that vehicle before he died witch is where he is you wanna make him out a saint get your fact and those are them im updated alot the Phillips had already started a law suit according to there attorney but since the loser had no insurance I really hope they make his family go through more hell...
finally someone with some since. This douche bag was a murderer. He killed all those people because he could not wait a few minutes
JonPaul

Indianapolis, IN

#29 Jul 4, 2014
Tc original wrote:
<quoted text>finally someone with some since. This douche bag was a murderer. He killed all those people because he could not wait a few minutes
.... im the dad of JT I had him held from me since I found he was mine 4 1/2 years ago If this pos steven would of not died before I got to he would b facing 5 counts of vehicular man slaught I dont give a fuck what they say and pass around down there about me I have not beg for money or asked for money for my sons memorial which happened today it was not public I dont need ppls money for habits I took care of it myself I wish I coukd of change the outcome of it all but im sorry I cant the kids and Angela should never have been involved..Steven got what he deserved

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessamine Creek Gorge 24 min Inside Info 2
Who is cheating!? 34 min iknow 10
Who Was Found Dead By Entrance To Hospital 2 hr Richard 4
Nicholasville Wallmart Class Action. 3 hr Jeter2001 5
Olivia o c Carroll 11 hr Anonymous 14
Who else was with Barry Stinnett? RIP Monty (Nov '14) 12 hr Sad times 17
Nikki Hellar 12 hr Free toe lay 4

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance