'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 233411 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Bitter Beer Face

Elkhorn City, KY

#48012 Sep 9, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no haven't you heard? Obama has secret plans for you crackers, he is going to deport all of you to Kenya in cattle cars - better hide in the basement and stay there ...
Now really ,I bet you are fun at parties !.
Jay

Springville, TN

#48013 Sep 9, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no haven't you heard? Obama has secret plans for you crackers, he is going to deport all of you to Kenya in cattle cars - better hide in the basement and stay there ...
++++++++++

frank, you've already said that three or four times. I don't think any of us are shaking in our boots. But......

"crackers?"

What's that suppose to mean? Frank are you black? If so, it's not a problem with any of us. You've seen us refer links to some of the many blacks who write or author articles. You've seen some of us support black candidates.

What's your problem?
repubtards suck

Bartlett, IL

#48014 Sep 9, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election: appointments to the Supreme Court.
If Mitt wins the nomination, I will enthusiastically support his.
candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I'd just ask you to keep these things in mind:
1. Justice Scalia just turned 78.
2. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year.
3. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August.
4. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago. In addition, Justice.
Ginsburg is reportedly quite ill.
5. Justice Stephens has already said he would retire and is just waiting for Obama to be reelected.
The next president could appoint as many as 5 new Justices over the next four years.
This election is about much more than the ObamaCare Tax.
Whomever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come."
If you don't think it matters whether the guy making those calls is
Romney or Barack Obama, THINK AGAIN.
So, for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite Republican didn't get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win, imagine this:
SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER.
After you have stopped gasping, kindly send this to your list of concerned citizens.
yip i hear what you are saying the last thing this country needs is more republican fucktard judges appointed by a republican fucktard president
Samuel

Richmond, KY

#48016 Sep 9, 2012
Democrats, Republicans.. none of it matters. It's all irrelevant. It's a big illusion staged by our government to make the citizens believe that they have a say-so, that their opinions are worth something. But hey, it's cute watching you guys call each other names over trivial nonsense, so just keep going at it like mindless drones.
Jay

Springville, TN

#48017 Sep 9, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Letter w/copies to:
Democratic National Committee Executive Committee
Nancy Pelosi
State Democratic Party Chairs
State Secretaries of State
State Attorneys General
Commission on Presidential Debates
General Counsel to Democratic National Committee
http://www.wnd.com/files/2012/09/BauerLetter....
About "fraudulent birth certificate"
There they go again, two-steppin' around the truth. If____
Mr. Onaka undeniably failed to verify that the image posted at Whitehouse.gov “is a true and accurate representation of the original record.”

How then can Nancy Pelosi then certify that he is legally qualified to serve under the provisions of the United States Constitution? And sign the Official Certification of Nomination?

She must be some kind of psychic or something......why not, she's some kind of a psycho!
Syl

Wagoner, OK

#48018 Sep 9, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be a bit surprised, but it won't be Kenya. But what makes you think your ass won't be packed in same cattle car? You think he'll thank you for supporting him. HA!
Did U Know

Union City, TN

#48019 Sep 9, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election: appointments to the Supreme Court.
candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I'd just ask you to keep these things in mind:
5. Justice Stephens has already said he would retire and is just waiting for Obama to be reelected.
The next president could appoint as many as 5 new Justices over the next four years.
Whomever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come."
So, for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite Republican didn't get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win, imagine this:
After you have stopped gasping, kindly send this to your list of concerned citizens.
(CNN)- Three days after the Democratic convention wrapped up, President Barack Obama opened up his largest margin over Mitt Romney since early July in Gallup's daily tracking poll.

According to the poll released Sunday, Obama has 49% among registered voters nationwide, while Romney has 44%.

Don't count them chickens before your eggs hatch...LOL
Jay

Springville, TN

#48020 Sep 9, 2012
Romney has stated that if he becomes president he will repeal Obamacare. But I've been reading today where he said he MAY keep some of it, and before anybody says, "flip-flop" what he said was there are some good things in it, like preexisting conditions, where because of this someone can not get insurance anywhere to cover their preexisting condition. This is fact, this happens all the time. Therefore, he MAY consider that provision. The other would be extended insurance for children who are on the family plan. In this case, most of the time the kids are kicked off when they turn 18, or in some cases the beginning birthday of their 19th year unless they are full time college students. The fact that these kids - if they can find a job - couldn't possibly pay for a premium, but still live at home, this may be a good idea.

Those two things alone would be helpful to many people, for example, a diabetic who can not get coverage due to the lifelong condition which needs regular or optimal care. Someone who has had previous back surgery may not be covered, or there could be a two year waiting period before coverage kicks in.

This all would good, but then the opposition says, insurance premiums would go sky-high for everyone to cover this provision. I would guess Romney is smart enough to know that insurance companies never lose money. When there are too many claims, they simply raise our rates to cover their losses. However, Romney will have to consider this as I'm sure he will, and put a cap on how much insurance companies can raise their rates. As we all know- I think we do anyway - insurance companies have stuck it to us many times.

Nevertheless, if Romney were to consider some of the healthcare plan, it doesn't mean he's flip-flopping, because this hasn't even been put on the table for discussion. But IMO, there probably are some good things in a healthcare plan that would cover and protect the people who are now doing without. And.... I personally know several who are facing this issue.

So what do y'all think about this?
Brad

Manchester, CT

#48021 Sep 9, 2012
Bitter Beer Face wrote:
<quoted text>Now really ,I bet you are fun at parties !.
Hes the sloppy drunk dancing around with a lamp shade on his head.

LOL
Did U Know

Union City, TN

#48023 Sep 10, 2012
Did U Know wrote:
<quoted text>
(CNN)- Three days after the Democratic convention wrapped up, President Barack Obama opened up his largest margin over Mitt Romney since early July in Gallup's daily tracking poll.
According to the poll released Sunday, Obama has 49% among registered voters nationwide, while Romney has 44%.
Don't count them chickens before your eggs hatch...LOL
Obama tops Romney in August fundraising

The president hauls in $114 million to win the monthly money battle for the first time in four months.
Did U Know

Union City, TN

#48024 Sep 10, 2012
Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, blah blah blah! whatever you say Uncle Norm! You are an Idiot,nothing more.
- President Obama mocked rival Mitt Romney's tax cut proposals today, telling supporters in Florida that his opponent's plan is bad math and that he should "get some tutoring."

Mitt Romney and his running mate Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., struggled in separate Sunday show appearances to offer specifics when asked what tax loopholes they would close to help pay for their proposed tax cuts.
Uncle Tab

United States

#48025 Sep 10, 2012
Did U Know wrote:
<quoted text>
- President Obama mocked rival Mitt Romney's tax cut proposals today, telling supporters in Florida that his opponent's plan is bad math and that he should "get some tutoring."
Mitt Romney and his running mate Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., struggled in separate Sunday show appearances to offer specifics when asked what tax loopholes they would close to help pay for their proposed tax cuts.

Most if not all republicans and Teabaggers are uneducated, so the math won't make sense to them anyway. If Fox tells the it adds up, they're all in, hook, line, and sinker!

They are mindless drones brainwashed and don't have a clue on how business works, how the stock market works.... Anything works! Lol

Plus they're cowards when they called out.
Tea Party Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#48026 Sep 10, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank I want you to consider something, if you will? In 1933 a man was elected through normal political process in Germany. No-one was afraid or worried as he put his henchmen in key positions of power. I have no source, but I will wager ‘someone said’, there is nothing to worry about that (a Dictatorship) couldn’t happen here! I myself do not think a President of the U S could or would try anything like Hitler did, for one reason! I do not believe the United States Armed Forces would turn on American citizens; however what if I’m wrong? Remember the old saying Frank, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? Over 6 million paid with their life not being prepared in Germany Frank; among them Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals, mentally and physically handicapped , Jehovah ‘s witnesses and others! Mainstream German society stood by and let it happen. Because ‘it couldn’t happen here’! So tell me Frank, what do I lose if I am prepared, and nothing happens as opposed to vice-versa?
Did U Know

Union City, TN

#48027 Sep 10, 2012
Mitt Romney raised some eyebrows today when he said, "I'm not getting rid of all of healthcare reform."

That sounded quite different from the mantra he has repeated for months, that he would "repeal Obamacare."
wtf

Richmond, KY

#48028 Sep 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Frank I want you to consider something, if you will? In 1933 a man was elected through normal political process in Germany. No-one was afraid or worried as he put his henchmen in key positions of power. I have no source, but I will wager ‘someone said’, there is nothing to worry about that (a Dictatorship) couldn’t happen here! I myself do not think a President of the U S could or would try anything like Hitler did, for one reason! I do not believe the United States Armed Forces would turn on American citizens; however what if I’m wrong? Remember the old saying Frank, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? Over 6 million paid with their life not being prepared in Germany Frank; among them Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals, mentally and physically handicapped , Jehovah ‘s witnesses and others! Mainstream German society stood by and let it happen. Because ‘it couldn’t happen here’! So tell me Frank, what do I lose if I am prepared, and nothing happens as opposed to vice-versa?
You dumbass!
Tea Party Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#48029 Sep 10, 2012
Did U Know wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not replying to you with the quote you used, or at least I dont think I was? You can give me all these facts you please, I am going to vote for Romney, I've had all the 'dumb and dumber'(OBAMA-BIDEN) show I can stand! You vote as you please; that is you're American right!
Did U Know

Union City, TN

#48030 Sep 10, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Come on now, you Republicans love Romney/Ryan.....(not)
Democrats will take care of nominating the next supreme court justices.
Your party of obstructionist led by your very own Mitch are on the way out the door!.......the sooner the better!!
wtf

Richmond, KY

#48031 Sep 10, 2012
<quoted text>
I was not replying to you with the quote you used, or at least I dont think I was? You can give me all these facts you please, I am going to vote for Romney, I've had all the 'dumb and dumber'(OBAMA-BIDEN) show I can stand! You vote as you please; that is you're American right!
So you will vote for the Coward and Dumbass.
Independent

Glasgow, KY

#48032 Sep 10, 2012
Cards Fan wrote:
This is embarrassing. The worst news station on cable TV is hosting our senate race. Well, not suprising they have a hard on for Rand Paul since they are his poster boy tea bagger.
Spoken like a true liberal...closed minded and foul mouthed. Obviously you don't like to hear both sides of the issues, only your pro-abortion, pro-big government, "I'm entitled to a free ride" mind set.
potter

Boise, ID

#48033 Sep 10, 2012
Jay wrote:
Romney has stated that if he becomes president he will repeal Obamacare. But I've been reading today where he said he MAY keep some of it, and before anybody says, "flip-flop" what he said was there are some good things in it, like preexisting conditions, where because of this someone can not get insurance anywhere to cover their preexisting condition. This is fact, this happens all the time. Therefore, he MAY consider that provision. The other would be extended insurance for children who are on the family plan. In this case, most of the time the kids are kicked off when they turn 18, or in some cases the beginning birthday of their 19th year unless they are full time college students. The fact that these kids - if they can find a job - couldn't possibly pay for a premium, but still live at home, this may be a good idea.
Those two things alone would be helpful to many people, for example, a diabetic who can not get coverage due to the lifelong condition which needs regular or optimal care. Someone who has had previous back surgery may not be covered, or there could be a two year waiting period before coverage kicks in.
This all would good, but then the opposition says, insurance premiums would go sky-high for everyone to cover this provision. I would guess Romney is smart enough to know that insurance companies never lose money. When there are too many claims, they simply raise our rates to cover their losses. However, Romney will have to consider this as I'm sure he will, and put a cap on how much insurance companies can raise their rates. As we all know- I think we do anyway - insurance companies have stuck it to us many times.
Nevertheless, if Romney were to consider some of the healthcare plan, it doesn't mean he's flip-flopping, because this hasn't even been put on the table for discussion. But IMO, there probably are some good things in a healthcare plan that would cover and protect the people who are now doing without. And.... I personally know several who are facing this issue.
So what do y'all think about this?
My Mother and I was having the same discussion the other day.She is Republican and she was worried about what Romney's plan was about health care reform.She said that she may even vote Democrat, I almost fell out of my chair.She has always voted Republican and in order for her to change her mind she would have to be very concerned.So I think that you raise a very important issue,we are tired of being raped by insurance companies.I have to say that it is an issue now,because Obama brought it to the table. Thanks for bringing a real issue to Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessamine County Jail 25 min Jeremy G 25
Looking for cosigner or company for a loan 1 hr Move away from fa... 1
Joey barns 1 hr dum 2
Mr M Tudor and his Wife 1 hr Leslie 5
green mustang??? 2 hr truth 4
becca senn 3 hr Garrard 3
Misty Parker and mike miller 4 hr Ray 6

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance