'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 279542 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Hello

Broken Arrow, OK

#45351 Aug 12, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
And what did your party of "business men" produce in 8 years under Gdub? Friggen misery around the world is what they produced! Careful or you'll fall off your pink Unicorn - poor slob! Let's all fall in line and do it again ...
What the hell did my post have to do with the Democratic party??

Good God Frank I was just stating my opinion on Obama..

Oh in case you haven't noticed(Misery around the world is what we have now)...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45353 Aug 12, 2012
whitehair wrote:
Come on now Frank!!
What do you think the Billions of stimulus were?Where did they go and what did they do?Obama had 3and 3/4Th's years to do as he pleased.All he has done is give us a Medical Bill 63% of the people in this Country do not want.In order to get that,many had to be bribed to vote for it.When the jobs bills are stymied in Congress in the Senate by Harry Reid and Obama`s party of no!!
When the pipe line is being held up,and could create jobs and make this Country fuels independent?When the loan to Solyndra was not timely,(they went bankrupt shortly)
and the loan was not secured as any one should know how to do(not give money of the taxpayers away).
Me thinks your last sentence should apply to this administration and Obama!!But the one prior is certainly one we could agree on.
For real Whitey....What do they think people can do?
Someone was "making "fun" of me the other night, saying I only thought there was one section of Congress which was the Senate! Because that is ALL I put up at the time! What I was "making" the point of, WAS....the Senate is CONTROLLED by democrats, LED by "Scumbag" HARRY Reid!!!!!

Republicans PASSED the JOBS Bills in "The HOUSE of Representatives" then SENT them to the SENATE....WHERE they have been STALLED EVER SINCE!!!!!

BECAUSE Harry Reid WILL NOT bring them to the FLOOR to be VOTED on!

PLUS Solyndra is obama's BABY!!!!

BUSINESS WEEK: Solyndra is Obama’s Baby
Posted August 3, 2012 |

http://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/201...

FACT CHECK: Sloppy Scholarship, Outright Lies in Sierra Club Report

Jay

Springville, TN

#45354 Aug 12, 2012
Please watch the whole thing.

(Language Caution {brief} for little ones within earshot of your computer)

Check out this wakeup call!!
The most honest three and a half minutes of television.

Beginning scene of the new HBO series The Newsroom explaining why America's Not the Greatest Country Any Longer... But It Can Be.

WOW!!! Caution/language! Children.

&fe ature=youtu.be
Holler Infidel

Elkhorn City, KY

#45355 Aug 12, 2012
Jay wrote:
Beginning scene of the new HBO series The Newsroom explaining why America's Not the Greatest Country Any Longer... But It Can Be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =16K6m3Ua2nwXX&feature=you tu.be
Yelp ! we had piss poured on us so long and told its raining . BRING BACK VALUES OF OUR FORE FATHERS ? WAKE UP AMERICAN .
SYL

Ashland, KY

#45356 Aug 12, 2012
Jay wrote:
I THINK he was a little upset, wasn't he? It sure left people speechless .I bet you Could have heard a pin drop in that place. LOL!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45357 Aug 12, 2012
Jay wrote:
GREAT find Jay!:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45358 Aug 12, 2012
SYL wrote:
<quoted text>
I THINK he was a little upset, wasn't he? It sure left people speechless .I bet you Could have heard a pin drop in that place. LOL!
I "think" Paul Ryan is that type of guy!
Jay

Springville, TN

#45359 Aug 12, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I "think" Paul Ryan is that type of guy!

So do I. I have been logging in to Youtube today listening to him speak. He always seems to know exactly what he's going to say, so much so that he barely draws a breath in-between. He sure don't need a teleprompter in his face, what he has is all in his head.

Makes you wonder how a kid of 16 working in McDonald's becomes a two term Congressman. Seems his mom gave him her Social Security checks when his father passed away, and he saved the money for college. This young man is no dummy. IMO
Justsaying

Rochester, KY

#45361 Aug 12, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>For real Whitey....What do they think people can do?
Someone was "making "fun" of me the other night, saying I only thought there was one section of Congress which was the Senate! Because that is ALL I put up at the time! What I was "making" the point of, WAS....the Senate is CONTROLLED by democrats, LED by "Scumbag" HARRY Reid!!!!!
Republicans PASSED the JOBS Bills in "The HOUSE of Representatives" then SENT them to the SENATE....WHERE they have been STALLED EVER SINCE!!!!!
BECAUSE Harry Reid WILL NOT bring them to the FLOOR to be VOTED on!
PLUS Solyndra is obama's BABY!!!!
BUSINESS WEEK: Solyndra is Obama’s Baby
Posted August 3, 2012 |
FACT CHECK: Sloppy Scholarship, Outright Lies in Sierra Club Report
No Senate bill can pass without a 60 vote. Repubs have been blocking everything from day one. You know, their number one job is to make Obama a one term President.
As far as the jobs bill goes, your right. Haven't passed it. I wonder WHY??????????
WASHINGTON | Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:54pm EDT
(Reuters)- Republicans in the Senate blocked on Thursday an election-year "Bring Jobs Home" bill.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/19/us-...
July 19, 2012|By Ted Barrett, CNN
Senate Republicans blocked Obama's jobs initiative bill Thursday.
Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.
In voting against the bill, Republicans raised both substantive and procedural problems with the measure.
The bill fell four votes short of the 60 needed to bring it to debate, with 42 voting against it.
http://articles.cnn.com/2012-07-19/politics/p...

You fucking Repub Party helping America get jobs back.
Patriot

Bardstown, KY

#45362 Aug 12, 2012
As I read that Romney would pay zero taxes under the 'Ryan Plan', I feel compelled to take a minute to express my gratitude for my country. For the public schools and universities I and my children attended, for the public roads we drive on, for the safe medicine, drinking water and air we enjoy, for the state and national parks that fill us with inspiration and awe, for programs that help those who cannot help themselves, for the right to speak my mind even if others disagree. I am grateful that by paying my taxes I contribute to this country and these benefits. I am a shareholder of sorts in this great American experiment and am honored to contribute. People like me often don't speak up because we are told we should look out for only ourselves. We are ridiculed, called idiots or naive, but I have a different word for it: PATRIOTIC. I am proud to be American and proud to stand up for the rights of people who look, think, worship, and live differently than I do. And I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. *Pause
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45363 Aug 12, 2012
Crazy Elephant - Gimme Gimme Good Lovin'
&fe ature=related

Buchanan Brothers - Medicine Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Derek - "Cinnamon"

The Stampeders - Sweet City Woman

R. B. Greaves - "Take A Letter Maria"

Tony Orlando & Dawn Candida

Shania Twain - Party For Two ft. Billy Currington

Whooooooah
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45364 Aug 12, 2012
Justsaying wrote:
<quoted text>No Senate bill can pass without a 60 vote.
You fucking Repub Party helping America get jobs back.
Harry Reid Blocks Jobs Bill, Obama Blames Republicans
October 4, 2011
By Lonely Conservative

Whenever President Obama points his finger to blame someone for something, assume it isn’t true, or it’s a distortion of the truth. While it’s true that Republican leader Eric Cantor said Obama’s jobs bill didn’t have a spitball’s chance in hell (to paraphrase) of passing in the House, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell called for unanimous consent to proceed to vote on the bill. It was the Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, the Democrat, who blocked a vote.

Reid used a procedural maneuver called “filling the tree,” which allows the majority leader to say a piece of legislation has had all of its possibilities for amendments.

McConnell had tried to offer the president’s job package as an amendment to the China currency legislation, which was being debated in chamber. By “filling the tree,” Reid blocked that move.

“What I am trying to do here today by requesting this vote on the president’s jobs bill … is to honor the request of the president of the United States that we vote on it now,” McConnell said.“He has been asking us repeatedly over the last few weeks that we vote on it now.”

“I think the president of the United States, whose polices I generally do not support … is entitled to know where the Senate stands on his proposal that he has been out talking about … and suggesting that we are unwilling to vote on it,” he said.

Reid called McConnell’s request a “political stunt” and “senseless.”

“What a charade we have going on here,” Reid said.“[W]e now have a proposal that is ridiculous on its face … that is that we vote with no debate on the president’s jobs bill.”

Charade? What charade? How is calling for a vote on a bill the president has been demanding Congress vote on right away a charade? Could it be Harry Reid was worried that the Democrats don’t have the votes to pass it?
lonelyconservative.com/.../10/harry-reid-bloc... ...- Cached

Reid Blocks Vote On Obama Jobs Bill:'We Have Two More Weeks ...
( CNSNews.com )- Senate Republicans tried to force Democrats to hold a vote on President Obama's jobs-stimulus bill Tuesday, but they were blocked by Sen. Harry Reid ...
cnsnews.com/news/article/reid-blocks-vote-oba... ...- Cached

Pass this bill (later)! Reid blocks Obama jobs bill vote ...
Reid blocks Obama jobs bill vote [VIDEO ... Majority Leader Harry Reid was in no mood to vote on the president’s jobs-creation bill Tuesday afternoon. Reid blocked a ...
dailycaller.com/2011/10/04/video-pass-this-bi... ...- Cached

Senate Democrats forced to block Obama's jobs bill ...
Senate Republicans tried to make Democrats hold a quick vote on President Obama's jobs-stimulus bill Tuesday, but were blocked by Senate Majority Harry Reid, the ...
www.washingtontimes.com/blog/.../4/...block-o... - Cached

Reid Blocks Obama Jobs Bill Vote - Yahoo! News
From Yahoo! News: Harry Reid blocked a Senate vote on the jobs bill knowing Obama could not get 50 Democratic votes. By Patricia Murphy.
news.yahoo.com/reid-blocks-obama-jobs-bill-vo... ...- Cached

Reid blocks vote on jobs bill while Obama blasts House for ...
Moments after Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Nevada Democrat, blocked a Republican motion in the Senate to vote on President Obama's jobs bill, the ...
news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/reid-blocks-vote-... ...- Cached
More results from news.yahoo.com »

Reid blocks attempt by McConnell to vote on president's jobs bill
However, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), who supports the legislation, blocked the vote.... that we vote with no debate on the president’s jobs bill
thehill.com/...reid-blocks-mcconnells...on-ob... - Cached

Backatcha BIG boy :)
Jay

Springville, TN

#45365 Aug 12, 2012
There ya go, see? Harry Reid blocks everything, no wonder they can't get anything done with that dinosaur in office. A bill is entitled to be debated, but not to him.

Congress has said they've sent numbers of budget considerations to the senate, and good ole Harry refuses to ever allow it on the floor.

Two sides to every story don'tcha know?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45366 Aug 12, 2012
went so far as to accuse McConnell of “obstruction” and engaging in “a political stunt.”

Yes. Senator Harry Reid (D – NV) refuses to allow the Republicans to add Barack Obama’s (D – Prez)“jobs” bill as an amendment to another bill being debated while simultaneously accusing Republicans of “obstruction” when Obama wants to “pass the bill now” and is accusing Republicans of refusing to vote on it. That’s what you call a “pants on fire” lie out of Senator Harry Reid (D – NV).

The whole “jobs” bill is a campaign propaganda stunt. Barack Obama knows it. Harry Reid knows it. House Democrats know it. All the Republicans know it. And now it’s fodder for Republicans to use against Senate Democrats because the Senate Democrats have refused to go on record for or against it,

just as they have ***refused*** to go on record with a Federal Budget since April, 2009.

http://truthbeforedishonor.wordpress.com/2011...

Press Releases
Print
Home / Media / Press Releases
Aug 10 2012
Sessions And Ryan:‘Unprecedented 1,200 Days’ Since Senate Democrats Passed A Budget

“Not only have [Senate Democrats] failed to adopt a budget but, with America under threat of financial calamity, they have refused to even present a plan for public scrutiny.”

WASHINGTON—U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), Ranking Member of the Senate Budget Committee, and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), Chairman of the House Budget Committee, released the following joint statement today ahead of the 1,200th day since Senate Democrats have last adopted a budget plan:

“Tomorrow marks another disappointing record for the United States Senate: Senate Majority Leader Reid and his Democrat conference will have gone an unprecedented 1,200 days without adopting a budget plan as required by law. Not only have they failed to adopt a budget but, with America under threat of financial calamity, they have refused to even present a plan for public scrutiny. Last year, Majority Leader Reid said it would be ‘foolish’ to do a budget and the legally required Budget Committee mark-up was cancelled. No plan from his conference has seen the light of day. He refuses to disclose who he plans to tax and how he plans to spend taxpayers’ money.

http://budget.senate.gov/republican/public/in...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45367 Aug 12, 2012
Patriot wrote:
As I read that Romney would pay zero taxes under the 'Ryan Plan', I feel compelled to take a minute to express my gratitude for my country. For the public schools and universities I and my children attended, for the public roads we drive on, for the safe medicine, drinking water and air we enjoy, for the state and national parks that fill us with inspiration and awe, for programs that help those who cannot help themselves, for the right to speak my mind even if others disagree. I am grateful that by paying my taxes I contribute to this country and these benefits. I am a shareholder of sorts in this great American experiment and am honored to contribute. People like me often don't speak up because we are told we should look out for only ourselves. We are ridiculed, called idiots or naive, but I have a different word for it: PATRIOTIC. I am proud to be American and proud to stand up for the rights of people who look, think, worship, and live differently than I do. And I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.*Pause
Patriotic Democrat

Don't be afraid. Candidates who care about leaving our kids something besides mountains of extinction level DEBT are to be respected not slandered. You seem to think that voting Democrats don't give a crap about our legacy to our children. You are very wrong. We want to take our Party back from Obama and Pelosi and the DNC is leaving us no option but to Vote Romney.
==========

Speak UP....like this person DID!
lol

Glasgow, KY

#45368 Aug 12, 2012
Patriot wrote:
As I read that Romney would pay zero taxes under the 'Ryan Plan', I feel compelled to take a minute to express my gratitude for my country.
And just where did you read that horse shit at? Of course you are repeating it and couldn't care less if there's a word of truth to it or not. Good little democrat. Baaaa, baaaa little sheepie!
better wake up people

Glasgow, KY

#45369 Aug 12, 2012
Is anyone else able to connect the dots? When Ayatollah Khomeini ruled over Iran he wanted to "re-distribute the wealth". And he did. The poor got poorer and the Ayatollah and his gang got richer. Is that how Obama wants it to work here in America? Is that his idea of the redistribution of wealth he wants in place for American citizens? Be afraid America...be very afraid!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45370 Aug 12, 2012
Issa suing Holder over 'Fast and Furious'
For refusing to provide documents in fatal operation

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/issa-suing-holder-...

Darrell Issa to Sue Eric Holder Monday
By Jonathan Strong
Roll Call Staff
Aug. 12, 2012, 7:43 p.m.
House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa plans to sue Attorney General Eric Holder on Monday for refusing to provide documents related to the "Fast and Furious" gun-smuggling operation.

"The committee expects to file the civil contempt suit against the attorney general Monday," a Republican source said. The suit will be filed in the federal district court for the District of Columbia.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/darrell_issa_to_...
Jay

Springville, TN

#45371 Aug 12, 2012
This is just what we don't need: 16,000 new government officials, AKA, the IRS breathing down our necks, making sure we step-to-it, and pay what they say, charging us 2% of our income taxing us into submission. Naturally, under Obama, illegal aliens are exempt with the $85.7 billion set aside for their health care in the Obamacare bill. I'd like to see the IRS collect for their emergency room care!

And this isn' t sticking it to the lower middle class?

"The new health care law also provides $10 billion to expand the IRS, which will be in charge of verifying that every American taxpayer has obtained health insurance defined under this new law.

Taxpayers who fail to prove that they have the health insurance required under the health care law, face a new tax up to up to $2,250 or 2 percent of the taxpayer’s income (whichever is greater).

The new law, however, includes an exemption for illegal aliens and incarcerated individuals. Incarcerated individuals are exempt because they receive taxpayer-funded health care in prison.

Though illegal aliens cannot receive a tax credit or Medicaid coverage under the health care law, they may receive emergency room care, but do so without paying the same penalty that uninsured Americans must pay.

According to the Congressional Budget Office and Joint Committee on Taxation, nearly half of the taxes collected from this law, would be paid by households earning less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Line ($66,150 for a family of four)."
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45373 Aug 12, 2012
my own prison - creed

&fe ature=related

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beer sales on Sundays 2 hr JustMoved 1
jake mcintosh,kelsey brody farrell 4 hr smoke 1
jcdc 4 hr right o 5
How can i find ricky hush 4 hr Rrrrr 7
looking for a woman 5 hr Just curious 1
C & S Pools 6 hr Tiffany 5
Shooting @ Fayette Mall 7 hr fayette co 1

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance