walmart and their cashiers

Posted in the Nicholasville Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
why

Lexington, KY

#1 Mar 2, 2009
why is it that i have to put my bags in my bugging isnt that their job they get paid for doing that i dont. i mean i'm paying for my stuff and getting my kids coats on and putting my bags in my buggy and they are just standing there watching me. is it me or does other people feel this way?
Customer NOT always right

Harrodsburg, KY

#2 Mar 2, 2009
I've always assumed it was MY responsibility to put MY purchases in MY cart when I go shopping. I'm pretty sure that's why they installed the turn table with the bags.
Who needs the clerk

Indialantic, FL

#3 Mar 2, 2009
Replace all the check out people with self serve then and they won't have to even scan the
stuff and have to do anything, yeah thats it they can stay home and draw a check from people that don't mind doing their jobs and actually work.
My money

Indialantic, FL

#4 Mar 2, 2009
Customer NOT always right wrote:
I've always assumed it was MY responsibility to put MY purchases in MY cart when I go shopping. I'm pretty sure that's why they installed the turn table with the bags.
It is also MY money that I can spend at another store and then they wont be bothered with those dang customers trying to keep them in a job.
anna

Lexington, KY

#5 Mar 2, 2009
we have to take back several things to walmart because they didnt have all the stuff or wasnt working right. but the people that work there that we know from having to go there so much are pretty cool and always go out of their way to help us.
why

Lexington, KY

#6 Mar 2, 2009
Customer NOT always right wrote:
if i wanted to bag my own stuff and deal with kids and pay i would go to the self check out but if they are going to have people there to do that for me i will go to that person cuz that is their job yes it is MY stuff but that is THEIR JOB right? so i guess all they have to do is show up and thats it. what makes me mad is that they just stand there while you are putting up your bags in the buggy i mean they dont have to load it up in your car at least they can do is put it in your buggt. please tell me what is their job so i will know.
why

Lexington, KY

#7 Mar 2, 2009
i am so glad i'm not the only one who feels this way
anna

Lexington, KY

#8 Mar 2, 2009
why wrote:
<quoted text>
if i wanted to bag my own stuff and deal with kids and pay i would go to the self check out but if they are going to have people there to do that for me i will go to that person cuz that is their job yes it is MY stuff but that is THEIR JOB right? so i guess all they have to do is show up and thats it. what makes me mad is that they just stand there while you are putting up your bags in the buggy i mean they dont have to load it up in your car at least they can do is put it in your buggt. please tell me what is their job so i will know.
They can do it but alot of the times if u dont check they will forget thing and then u dont notice till u get home. Then your back at walmart having to get something that was suppose to be their job.
why

Lexington, KY

#9 Mar 2, 2009
i dont remember the last time that a cashier put my bags in the buggy for me. when i'm doing it i forget some bags and then i have picked up some bags that wasnt mine cuz the cashier was putting their stuff in bags and i was still getting my bags
actually

Lexington, KY

#10 Mar 2, 2009
technically they dont have to do it, I have friends that work there. They are suppose to be gettn people through the line, once u have paid, their job is done. I kno that this isnt the way it should be, and with the economy the way it is, yet walmart is makin more money then ever, they should fork out the cash and put more people in jobs by hiring baggers, then every one would be happy. Dont take it out on the cashiers, they dont HAVE to do it, from wut i have been told. Go to the managers or get a petition started, this website will do nothing, if its the big of a deal take action, and i bet u'll get a response!
Tru

Indialantic, FL

#11 Mar 2, 2009
actually wrote:
technically they dont have to do it, I have friends that work there. They are suppose to be gettn people through the line, once u have paid, their job is done. I kno that this isnt the way it should be, and with the economy the way it is, yet walmart is makin more money then ever, they should fork out the cash and put more people in jobs by hiring baggers, then every one would be happy. Dont take it out on the cashiers, they dont HAVE to do it, from wut i have been told. Go to the managers or get a petition started, this website will do nothing, if its the big of a deal take action, and i bet u'll get a response!
Thats right Wally world is makin it big during bad times due to ppl goin to them cuz they are cheap and they treat their staff poorly and do not pay well, the check out ppl are not rude just not very helpful, it is not for us that they have the self checkouts it saves them money on help, the only reason they have not dumped the cashiers all together is they are afraid of theft,if I wanted to be treated rudely I would go to the county clerks office rude and not helpful there but that is another thread.
Mary

Newburgh, IN

#12 Mar 2, 2009
I think Kroger still bags groceries for you. Walmart has always been clueless in that department. I think they should help with putting the bags into your buggie. I have had some of them do that before, on occasion. I can scan my own stuff and bag my own stuff, really don't need them. But yes, they would be robbed if they did this.
why

Lexington, KY

#13 Mar 2, 2009
yes the people at krogers are so nice and they will even help you out too the car if you need it i think that is wounderful, but they only have food so everyone stills has to go to walmart, i used to work there and i was so nice to the people that came in and now its like the workers dont have to be nice there are some that are still nice but there is a lot that arent i just wish that the nice in people would come back out cuz its getting sad the way people are this days and i have two toddlers and i will not let them grow up and be like these people who could careless about other people.
Retail Worker

Harrodsburg, KY

#14 Mar 2, 2009
I agree with Customer NOT always right.

I've never worked for walmart, but have been in retail for years, and shop at walmart alot (like most people). But it has never made me angry that the cashiers didn't put my groceries in the cart. Yeah it's tough to try and get your stuff together and get your kids together, but give the cashiers a break. I've had much worse customer service elsewhere.
Cashier

Harrodsburg, KY

#15 Mar 2, 2009
when I worked out at Wal Mart I always tried to put the customers bags into their cart. Because thats wat I was getting paid for. I totally agree that its not the customers responsibilty to put their bags in their own cart thats the reason theres "Cashiers". And honestly if one of the cashiers are standing there watching you while you are taking your own groceries off the wheel then go to management. When I worked there I actually heard alot of the cashiers say that it wasnt their place to put the bags into the cart. And they would actually stand there and watch elderly ppl try and take the groceries off and the customers were having a hard time because they needed help. But, you also have to keep in mind when ur cashier there they tell u to get the customer out as fast as possible.
what

Perry, GA

#16 Mar 2, 2009
It is the cashiers responsibility to put the bags in the cart that is what they are paid for. the turn tables make it easier for them to bag out items. now has any one else noticed that walmart in nicholasville hardly has the self check out on. I asked a chaser about this and they said it was to cut down on shoplifting..wtf if the walmart on the north end of lexington has self check out so can the one in nicholasville.

Since: Mar 09

Harrodsburg, KY

#17 Mar 2, 2009
Yeah when I worked out there this wal mart here in Nicholasville has a high shoplifting rate. But, I also know that Wal Mart trains specific ppl to do the self checkout which in my opinion was always ridicoulous.
TBS

Lexington, KY

#18 Mar 2, 2009
I spent 288 dollars at Walmart tonight and I had a 13 month old with me. Getting his coat zipped and all. We had two buggies tonight. The cashier looked disgusted about it right off the bat. I don't see what the difference is in ringing up my two carts when there is always some one behind me. Anyway we had two 12 packs of pop and two six packs of Ale-8 on the bottom. We started pushing the second cart up because he was finished with the first and was getting ready to hand him the pop when he acted like we were trying to get one over on him. It was walmarts generic 12 pks. I mean if I was going to steal it I would of gotten Pepsi. Anyway. We handed him one of each since you can just ring it up twice. He got an attitude about it and obviously thought he had to ring both of them up and instead of asking for it he walked around us picked up the 12 pk and in the process ripped it open. So now I have a 12 cans and no box for them. He shoved them into a bag and didn't say a word. I looked at him and said I don't want that I need a new 12 pack. He looked at me and told me I could go get another one if I wanted... WTF.. I said Uh no YOU can go get another one. So he sent a little pregnant girl back to get it. I thinking that was pretty shitty. I actually just bit my tongue. I guess I was too tired to be a bitch back to him tonight. Walmart knows they have a monopoly on everything down here besides Kroger and well lets face it... Kroger doesn't have everything Walmart does. Plus I think Kroger has gotten really high on everything. Sorry I had to vent. Bottom line. Walmart sucks but I keep going.
Kate

Leopold, IN

#19 Mar 3, 2009
I just stand there at my basket until they put the bags in for me. If they don't they are just holding up the line. I could careless how mad it makes the cashier, I'll stand there as long as it takes for them to get the hint. Put my bags in the cart, its your job.
Tru

Indialantic, FL

#20 Mar 3, 2009
That is very true, we need some competition, it seems like Meijer or some other chain would come in seeing that Nich is a shopping point for a lot of people that live south of Jess. Cty., but Walmart seems to be able to keep other stores out, maybe even paying the city or county folks a bribe to say we do not have the sewer or water capacity for another store, but any guy that stands back and lets pregnant or old people lift heavy stuff while they punch a few buttons is not a very nice guy, common sense would tell him to assist someone like that unless he did not get much raisin as a kid......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tera edgington is a snitch 56 min Idiot 13
Food stamps 1 hr LOLer 12
new bar and grill 1 hr LOLer 24
Amy jo lane $18,000 7 hr Too funny 10
Dairy queen on main street 7 hr Hope she sees this 24
stacy gullett/elder? (Mar '09) 8 hr One who knows 9
News Jessamine County officials alarmed at rise in h... (May '13) 14 hr Cleaner 26

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicholasville Mortgages