Tyler

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Anyone been to the new donut shop? Got a couple and they were so-so. Will probably try it again though.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

I actually think they're pretty good but a little pricey.
Rhein

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Where's it at?
picky one

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

they are average and not much better than anywhere else in town. they are overpriced and since the new has now worn off, they won't last long. why pay inflated prices when you can go to kroger or walmart and get as good tasting donuts and pay less money for them. dont get me wrong, they are not bad, just not worth the inflated prices
Tyler

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

I agree with "picky one". I'll give it another shot. I'd love a Dunkin Donuts and even better,, Krispy Kreme! Fingers crossed!
patty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

I think walmarts doughnuts are gross and kroger doesn't have a good variety so I read this and went to the daily doughnuts here about 30 mins ago I got 2 caramel long johns 2 chocolate long johns and 2 old fashioned for $4 and they were pipein hot fresh at 1:45 in the afternoon i can't get 6 single doughnuts at walmart for $4
picky one

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

nice self promotion, donut shop. honestly, you need to not be so specific if you want people to believe you are not posing as yourself. i went to walmart this morning and got some caramel long johns and they were delicious. and if you are paying more than $4 for 6 donuts, you are shopping at the wrong place. my family loved them. and, who wants hot donuts that have icing on them, anyway? they would be a hot runny mess.

nice try, though. nice try.
lacey

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

patty wrote:
I think walmarts doughnuts are gross and kroger doesn't have a good variety so I read this and went to the daily doughnuts here about 30 mins ago I got 2 caramel long johns 2 chocolate long johns and 2 old fashioned for $4 and they were pipein hot fresh at 1:45 in the afternoon i can't get 6 single doughnuts at walmart for $4
I agree, I thought they were better then walmart and I didnt think the prices were that bad , theyre a mom and pop shop so of course you're gonna pay a little more then you do at big box shops. I say support locally owned shops :)
Really

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

lacey wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I thought they were better then walmart and I didnt think the prices were that bad , theyre a mom and pop shop so of course you're gonna pay a little more then you do at big box shops. I say support locally owned shops :)
I agree, we love them they are better then wal-mart and Kroger, we will continue to get our donuts from them and support a local owned business
who is it

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

who owns this donut place anyway? are they from nicholasville? someone told me they were foreigners. but then again, half of nicholasville is owned by them anyway.
patty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

I am not affiliated with that donut shop hell I barely go to the south side of town for anything I'm merely a 3rd shifter who likes to eat doughnuts I have no idea who owns the place and honestly I don't care I'm just saying I took your opinion and decided to form my own and mine just happens to be different than yours and that is really your issue it has nothing to do with the price and quality of doughnuts If you enjoy wal-mart doughnuts buy and eat as many as you'd like its no big deal but this shop is worth trying out at least once for those of us who like to make our own decesions
Tyler

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

patty wrote:
I am not affiliated with that donut shop hell I barely go to the south side of town for anything I'm merely a 3rd shifter who likes to eat doughnuts I have no idea who owns the place and honestly I don't care I'm just saying I took your opinion and decided to form my own and mine just happens to be different than yours and that is really your issue it has nothing to do with the price and quality of doughnuts If you enjoy wal-mart doughnuts buy and eat as many as you'd like its no big deal but this shop is worth trying out at least once for those of us who like to make our own decesions
Periods... Use them.
another one

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Barber wrote:
To many people have way to much time on there hands. This site is fun yes. But it can be destructive also. People get on here and bad mouth and say things that they would never have enough back bone to say in person. As to the donut shop love it. Best since doe daddys. As long as bob n keeps there rent right they should have no problems at all. My buissness is on the south end of town and the donut shop brings buissness and new life to this side of town they have my support 100%
Another uneducated Jessamine County graduate. Did they just have quota's that they had to meet or were the teachers so bad back in your day that they just passed you anyway? My God, people. How embarrassed you must be not know the difference between.....

to...too
there...their
doe..dough
buissness...business

And, we could go on and on and on, but why bother? You will never be anything more than you all are right now...undeucated fools that can't spell, write or speak proper English. You are a good educator's WORST nightmare. But then again, this IS Jessamine County, isn't it???
Joe

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

I love love the donut shop. The best ham egg and cheese crossant. Glazed chocolate donuts. Love the glazec and anything chocolate.

Haven't tried the smoothies yet.

But they are local business and I would rather support them no matter than Walmart and Kroger.

Shop local
patty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Wow, You are getting very upset over a doughnut shop slam page. Is it because we don't use the proper punctuation? Is it because we like the doughnuts? You're getting hot headed for no reason. Move away from Jessamine County if we're not educated enough for you. There will be doughnut shops there too.
to patty

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

not hot headed at all. you obviously don't understand the concept of this forum. If someone posts a comment or question on here, EVERYONE is free to leave their thoughts and comments. I enjoy correcting people who can neither spell, punctuate sentences or construct a proper sentence, for that matter. And, we are not moving away from our home, not a chance. I can tell you, though, I have traveled this country extensively and yes, there are doughnut shops everywhere, and much better than this little hole in the wall one, also. They won't last too long because the south end of town is nothing but trash, for the most part, and when the newness wears off, they will be gone. And, isn't it funny that no one will give the names of these people??? Foreigners, I suspect.

Now, "patty," run along darling, have some fun and leave those of us alone who KNOW how to spell and use words properly. It is fun educating those of you who are not as fortunate or as intelligent as the rest of us...haha. Have a nice day and learn something, for a change:) It will make you feel soooooooo good about yourself:)
hey

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

to patty wrote:
not hot headed at all. you obviously don't understand the concept of this forum. If someone posts a comment or question on here, EVERYONE is free to leave their thoughts and comments. I enjoy correcting people who can neither spell, punctuate sentences or construct a proper sentence, for that matter. And, we are not moving away from our home, not a chance. I can tell you, though, I have traveled this country extensively and yes, there are doughnut shops everywhere, and much better than this little hole in the wall one, also. They won't last too long because the south end of town is nothing but trash, for the most part, and when the newness wears off, they will be gone. And, isn't it funny that no one will give the names of these people??? Foreigners, I suspect.
Now, "patty," run along darling, have some fun and leave those of us alone who KNOW how to spell and use words properly. It is fun educating those of you who are not as fortunate or as intelligent as the rest of us...haha. Have a nice day and learn something, for a change:) It will make you feel soooooooo good about yourself:)
Narcissistic tendencies... You might want to have that checked out by a professional....
hey

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

to patty wrote:
Why do you think you're so much better than others? just wondering..
hey

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

My opinion on Daily Donuts: I like the variety and I agree that they're really not anything x-tra special but they are really good. They are fresh, making them better than the supermarkets. They should try making them from scratch though, that would keep them in town for sure. Also, they need to put them in a paper box, they sweat in the styofoam. We peeps in Nicholasville know the difference in homemade dough and frozen. Well, I should say my peeps know the difference. I hope they stay, it's nice having a donut shop. I wish we had a full blown bakery like Ward's used to be. I can still remember the smell of that place.... mmmmmmmmm....
patty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

My point to you is this forum is exactly what you say it is a place where others come and comment yet you snap as soon as the doughnut shop is praised or given a good review? I think it has a lot more to do with than just our grammar and punctuation and if you really enjoy making yourself look stupid by calling us stupid and waiting for the first misspelled word or lack of periods you sir have no life at all I'm gonna go get me a doughnut then say a prayer for you!!!
GOOD DAY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Nicholasville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Nicholasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Nicholasville News, Events & Info