First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Inside Info

Louisville, KY

#1 Apr 7, 2010
My brother works at corporate and he has heard Mclane is closing to move into Lancaster!
Shew

United States

#2 Apr 7, 2010
Cool. Better than moving to Mexico
i work there

Nicholasville, KY

#3 Apr 8, 2010
no mclane is not closing nor are they moving
old friend

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Apr 9, 2010
Inside Info wrote:
My brother works at corporate and he has heard Mclane is closing to move into Lancaster!
No they r just going on a firing spree for sum strange reason!!!
I wonder

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Apr 9, 2010
like I said look what I put on the topic Mclane
i work there

Lexington, KY

#6 Apr 10, 2010
these people were let go not technically fired. mclane has lost some business and needed to let go some people because of the loss of some business. and to I wonder, you are messing with the wrong person if you are trying get things started between phil and nikki because noone will believe you. move on and get over it because they are very in love.
Mike

Lexington, KY

#7 Apr 12, 2010
I too work there and yes, we are closing in May. We are releasing a public statement on the 26th.
what

Nicholasville, KY

#8 Apr 13, 2010
have all the employees been informed of this? Do they get to keep their jobs & transfer to the new warehouse?
ashley lynn

Lexington, KY

#9 Apr 13, 2010
my husband has been there for close to 10 years and we haven't heard anything about closing.
i work there

Lexington, KY

#10 Apr 13, 2010
no we are not closing. Mclane company is owned by one of the richest men in the world warren buffett. that should tell you something. maclane did have to downsize just like many other companies around the country. hey mike - who talked to you and said we were closing? i think you are confused a bit.
just wondering

Winchester, KY

#11 Apr 13, 2010
They informed us today that this a complete rumor just like I work there said they only downsized until the business picks back up. Mike if you were anybody that knew anything you wouldnt be posting it up here.
Mike

Lexington, KY

#12 Apr 14, 2010
For the record, Warren Buffet use to own McClane, but sold out in 2005. And as far as downsizing, not even close. Try a little more realistic thought process, the property here has been too over taxed and is too expensive. There is a better, more fair tax incentive elsewhere and we ARE moving. All employees will be informed when the public is. Anyone who is asking, the directors have instructed all of us to say exactly what "just wondering" said, that it's rumors. Trust me people, I'm not really "Mike", but I am really here now and I know what I know. I've seen, handled, and filed the papers!
lol

Liberty, KY

#13 Apr 14, 2010
Mike wrote:
For the record, Warren Buffet use to own McClane, but sold out in 2005. And as far as downsizing, not even close. Try a little more realistic thought process, the property here has been too over taxed and is too expensive. There is a better, more fair tax incentive elsewhere and we ARE moving. All employees will be informed when the public is. Anyone who is asking, the directors have instructed all of us to say exactly what "just wondering" said, that it's rumors. Trust me people, I'm not really "Mike", but I am really here now and I know what I know. I've seen, handled, and filed the papers!
Sounds a bit like Trim Masters, don't tell the employees anything till time to shut the doors!
i work there

Lexington, KY

#14 Apr 14, 2010
Mike wrote:
mike-- if you worked there you would know that berkshire hathoway- however you spell it-bought mclane cumberland in 2003 and still owns it- the chairman and ceo of berkshire hathoway is warren buffett. so tell me something that can qualify you as an actual employee of mclane cumberland. i have been there almost 10 years and my husband has worked thereal most 13. it is not funny to start rumors.

Since: Apr 09

Nicholasville, KY

#15 Apr 14, 2010
my mother has worked there for over 15 years. and there is NO word of them closing and trust me she knows like everyone that works there
me too

Newburgh, IN

#16 Apr 15, 2010
Well I guess we will see who is telling the truth. I just dont see a company like this closing down. But if you are gossiping about this it is not nice or funny.
i agree

United States

#17 Apr 15, 2010
looks like mary , or pat would post the truth. i've been there 10 years and i feel we as employees deserve better.
Mike

Lexington, KY

#18 Apr 15, 2010
Okay, okay. You're right. I'm just fooling around. I have no clue if we are closing or moving or anything else. I just like to see people talk about what is worth talking about instead of each others business, personal attacks, and the like. But you can say one thing for sure, it did get some chatter going. My phone has not stopped ringing for the past few days. I just hope all those who have a job are working as though they appreciate having it. The owners appreciate the workers, and I hope the workers reciprocate.
me too

Newburgh, IN

#19 Apr 15, 2010
Mike you are a jack ass this was not funny and not worth talking about you just made a lot of peopl worry about there job that shouldnot have too.
i wirk there

Lexington, KY

#20 Apr 15, 2010
that is not something to joke about mike. my husband and i both work there and that is what we live off of. it got me thinking about what if they did close and we both lost our jobs with 3 kids to take care of. think about that the next time you decide to joke about soemething mike. i get why you did it -- getting people off of taalknig about other people. it is crazy what people say. buyt you were no better by starting a rumor yourself.
have a nice day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nicholasville Talk 2 min wow! 5
Blonde at Walmart service desk 51 min You wish you coul... 4
Walking Partner (Females Only) 3 hr pepe 3
Any new restaurants coming to nicholasville? 5 hr Cccc 19
Anthony Goodwin? (Jun '10) 12 hr Aaron Hager 10
Heroin Junkies 13 hr You suck 33
Arby's of Nicholasville (Aug '10) 14 hr Heard 258

Nicholasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance