Hiring Process for City of Nicholasville

Posted in the Nicholasville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Way To Go Betty

Lexington, KY

#1 Jan 29, 2013
http://www.centralkynews.com/jessaminejournal...

FINALLY, a CITY COMMISSIONER that is willing to do their job!

FAMILY should NOT be allowed to work at at the city. Let alone be the one who interviews and hires their own daughter. Get real! There are plenty of qualified people in Nicholasville that would appreciate a $10hr job. What give Roberta Warren the right to Interview and HIRE her own daughter?

You can always tell the ones on the board that are getting their wallets padded. They make the least noise! Obviously Betty is not one of the "good ole boys" because she doesnt care to rock the boat!

COME ON RUSS MAN UP WHY DONT YOU! We know Andy and Doug arent going to!
old man

Lexington, KY

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Nothing will happen, Betty will just be a one vote out of five.She will get something out of the guys that she needs and it will all go away, it always does.
Resident

Lexington, KY

#3 Jan 30, 2013
One good thing out of this, I will remember the name Betty Black if I ever see it on a Jessamine County election ballot. Clearly she's one of the few that will stand up for accountability.

It is a shame that Roberta Warren snuck her daughter in as a "temp" and then set her up in a full-time position without ever advertising the job. The hiring practices of the county need to be reviewed because ANYONE can see this was pure nepotism (regardless of how qualified the daughter might be, the hiring practice was nepotism).
What a Crock

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Jan 30, 2013
It is rampant in the city and county government areas. Johnny Collier's kids, Neal Cassidy's family, Eva McDaniel's kin folk... you name them... and they have thier kin people in there sucking from the government teet!!

At least Betty has the moral compass to challenge the practice even if nothing gets done.
Kassi

Lexington, KY

#5 Jan 30, 2013
Never realize just how corrupt Nicholasville is. Im rather new to the city! Has it always been this way?
get your facts straight

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Jan 30, 2013
I hate even responding to this but your facts are wrong. Rita WARNER is the Human Resource Manager not Roberta WARREN. Roberta was not on the interview board nor did she pick the applicants to be interviewed.

Now lets talk about Ms. Black's hire when she was in office before. I bet you didn't know that she hired a man in the meter department that couldn't even read the meters that were part of the testing. And I bet you didn't know that there was one person who was able to read all the meters correctly that didn't get the job.. and I bet you didn't know that the person she hired was a close personal family friend.
old man

Lexington, KY

#7 Jan 30, 2013
So she is already a member of the good old boys club, go figure
DBLBR

Lexington, KY

#8 Jan 30, 2013
Betty Black is a crazy ass woman who promised that job to one of her voters. and Raven Warren does not need to be drug thruogh the mud over stupidity of people like her. and I personally dont give a rats ass about anything betty black does or say's she is one that is milking the cities money as a commisoner that has not accomplished a damn thing.
u r wrong again

Lexington, KY

#9 Jan 30, 2013
get your facts straight wrote:
I hate even responding to this but your facts are wrong. Rita WARNER is the Human Resource Manager not Roberta WARREN. Roberta was not on the interview board nor did she pick the applicants to be interviewed.
Now lets talk about Ms. Black's hire when she was in office before. I bet you didn't know that she hired a man in the meter department that couldn't even read the meters that were part of the testing. And I bet you didn't know that there was one person who was able to read all the meters correctly that didn't get the job.. and I bet you didn't know that the person she hired was a close personal family friend.
Close personal family friend does NOT equal A RELATIVE, now does it. And, if you are so hell bent on publicizing this info, why not name the name of the person who was hired and the one that was NOT hired. Betting YOUR relative was the one who did NOT get hired.

Betty Black is a far sight better than ANY of the other worthless pieces of crap on the commission.....and don't get me started on that slob Andy Williams and Blackford.....OMG...talk about corrupt and crooked????? Please, we who have lived here all our lives could write a SERIES of novels about how corrupt this town is and will continue to be, until Neal, Evan and many others retire. Hmmmmmmm. Perhaps it is time to get the AG in on all this to investigate. OH, BUT WAIT...he is as bad as those we speak about.
Corrupt

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Jan 30, 2013
get your facts straight wrote:
As I understand it the job was not advertised nor posted. I first hand have been a victim. I will not vote for those who let this happen. We are tax payers and this is not right.
hypocrites

Nicholasville, KY

#11 Jan 30, 2013
u r wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>
Close personal family friend does NOT equal A RELATIVE, now does it. And, if you are so hell bent on publicizing this info, why not name the name of the person who was hired and the one that was NOT hired. Betting YOUR relative was the one who did NOT get hired.
Betty Black is a far sight better than ANY of the other worthless pieces of crap on the commission.....and don't get me started on that slob Andy Williams and Blackford.....OMG...talk about corrupt and crooked????? Please, we who have lived here all our lives could write a SERIES of novels about how corrupt this town is and will continue to be, until Neal, Evan and many others retire. Hmmmmmmm. Perhaps it is time to get the AG in on all this to investigate. OH, BUT WAIT...he is as bad as those we speak about.
Your argument doesn't make sense... Its okay for Betty Black to stack the deck in favor of who she wants, that isn't even qualified but as soon as someone is hired that she has an issue with who is qualified, it isn't okay? Family is no different than close personal friends. She gave someone a job who didn't deserve it, and who couldn't perform it. At least the young Warren girl who was hired had the experience and was able to perform the tasks given to her. You seem slightly uneducated when you say that Betty Black is better than any commissioner. She has no class, and can't speak without sounding like a babbling redneck. My guess about this whole "controversy" is that Betty had plans for someone SHE wanted to put into that position and when she realized there was someone who applied who had the experience/education for it she got upset. It's a miracle she was voted back in to begin with.
Actually

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Jan 30, 2013
Corrupt wrote:
<quoted text>
As I understand it the job was not advertised nor posted. I first hand have been a victim. I will not vote for those who let this happen. We are tax payers and this is not right.
Actually, they did post the job to the public... i saw it in the newspaper and on their website.
who

Berea, KY

#13 Jan 30, 2013
Who really cares? I mean, so what if she got the job! Nicholasville/Jessamine county has always been corrupt! Just check the history of the town. It's nothing new and it will NEVER change! I've lived here almost my entire life and it's still the same game.It's just different players. If they are not crooked going in,they soon will be. Mayor Martin tried to do it right,look what happened,he lost to Russ and there you go..He could care less about tax payers,none of them do.
Mans an idiot

Nicholasville, KY

#14 Jan 30, 2013
who wrote:
Who really cares? I mean, so what if she got the job! Nicholasville/Jessamine county has always been corrupt! Just check the history of the town. It's nothing new and it will NEVER change! I've lived here almost my entire life and it's still the same game.It's just different players. If they are not crooked going in,they soon will be. Mayor Martin tried to do it right,look what happened,he lost to Russ and there you go..He could care less about tax payers,none of them do.
John Martin is an idiot. He needs to go crawl back under the rock he came out from. He thinks he knows what goes on in the city, but clearly all he really does is hide behind his computer and talks shit and starts drama about the city that rejected him. He is pathetic and needs to figure out that no one is going to vote him into any City/County/School or any other position he plans to run for. He needs to get the memo that he isn't mayor anymore and get over his complex. what a sad, sad little man.
Aunt Bea

Lexington, KY

#15 Jan 30, 2013
u r wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah Ms. Black is one of the best things we could have going for us right now here in Nicholasville. When Ms. Black was on the comission before she was THE ONLY one I could go to and get anything done, I would call and call the police chief and never once get a reply went to see Ms. Black and Lord the chief was on the phone on day two! It seems she is not a member of the good Ole boys club and the good ole boys don't like that! The good ole boys don't care about the town just about themselves. They would like to be the RJ Corman or the Clay Corman of Nicholasville and guess what they will never fill those shoes in a milliion years.
Aunt Bea

Lexington, KY

#16 Jan 30, 2013
hypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument doesn't make sense... Its okay for Betty Black to stack the deck in favor of who she wants, that isn't even qualified but as soon as someone is hired that she has an issue with who is qualified, it isn't okay? Family is no different than close personal friends. She gave someone a job who didn't deserve it, and who couldn't perform it. At least the young Warren girl who was hired had the experience and was able to perform the tasks given to her. You seem slightly uneducated when you say that Betty Black is better than any commissioner. She has no class, and can't speak without sounding like a babbling redneck. My guess about this whole "controversy" is that Betty had plans for someone SHE wanted to put into that position and when she realized there was someone who applied who had the experience/education for it she got upset. It's a miracle she was voted back in to begin with.
NEPOTISM IS FAVORITISM GRANTED TO RELATIVES REGARDLESS OF MERIT!
Confidential Informant

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 30, 2013
Aunt Bea wrote:
<quoted text>
NEPOTISM IS FAVORITISM GRANTED TO RELATIVES REGARDLESS OF MERIT!
Congrats, you can read a dictionary.
u r wrong again

Lexington, KY

#18 Jan 30, 2013
I love how you fools that trash Talk Betty Black and John Martin hide behind your computers, as you say John does. He is far from and idiot and certainly not a sad man at all. This town is so dirty and corrupt and it will stay that way when the likes of Russ. All he cares about is getting his picture in the paper and making (stealing) enough money to keep his homely wife in clothes and dental bills.

Until this town is rid of the corrupt families and those who run roughshod over the rest...it will never be any different than it is right now.

For example, how much longer is the old bat Mary Kozak going to bilk this county out of money. Talk about not being qualified for anything...that'd be her. Wonder if she is sleepin with cassity? maybe that is why she still has her job. And Eva Jacobs? OMG....time for her and the old crazy bat that works for her to go, too. Clean house and see how well this city/county perform. A one eyed dog could do a better job than Tonya Coleman...Miss Piggy of Nicholasville Now. Gosh darn...for all the millions of dollars that were spent on Main street...and we still have a scarry, out of touch, empty building fiasco. Oh boy, but we got ugly, not in period street lights and black benches for all the drug addicts and drunks to set on. Boy, oh boy. Good ROI there. Golly Gee..........
Confidential Informant

Chicago, IL

#19 Jan 30, 2013
u r wrong again wrote:
I love how you fools that trash Talk Betty Black and John Martin hide behind your computers...
John?
say what

Flint, MI

#20 Jan 31, 2013
Aunt Bea wrote:
<quoted text>
The good ole boys don't care about the town just about themselves. They would like to be the RJ Corman or the Clay Corman of Nicholasville and guess what they will never fill those shoes in a milliion years.
I'm not sure if you were lumping rj and clay corman in with the good ole boy network in jessamine county from how your post was worded. If so, you are absolutely right. If not, then you are seriously out of touch as they are the front runners when it comes to greasing palms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hungry family 12 min HOLD ON THERE 53
Amy Clark and Will Hall?? 16 min What 4
tina tina tina 20 min Can u say 2
why ex's can't leave their ex alone (Mar '11) 21 min Cracked pipe 83
Wut ya'll think bout dat dude justin adams?? (Apr '09) 1 hr yea 8
kala johnson 3 hr a person 2
Asian Massage next to Holiday Inn 6 hr nicholasville perv 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nicholasville Mortgages