Konocti Harbor Inn purchased

Posted in the Nice Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Deake

Windsor, CA

#1 Dec 6, 2009
RCI, the largest owner of timeshares in the United States, has reached a memorandum of undertstanding to purchase Konocti Harbor Resort & Spa.
Konocti Timeshares on Clear Lake will take over the operation of the old Konocti Harbor beginning Jan. 4, 2010, according to sources close to the purchase.
A final sales price is being negotiated though the sides are not far apart, according to another source familiar with the negotiations.
"Several minor issues have yet to be worked out but will be soon," according to the source.
The old Konocti Harbor Resort will undergo a facelift in excess of $3.76 million.
Former Konocti Harbor general manager Greg Bennett will be retained, according to a source.
Rocco

Dixon, CA

#2 Dec 6, 2009
I've spent many hours going over the potential guest list and boy do I have some great news for Lake County. How about Charo and Richard Simmons or Niel Sedaka and a Spanish Beatles tribute band fresh from Cuba?
Great news

United States

#3 Dec 6, 2009
Only one problem......since Bennett will be retained, the Lost Boys wil be shoved down our throats once again. Oh God, no!

“Used to be"Just Wondering"”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#4 Dec 6, 2009
Rocco wrote:
I've spent many hours going over the potential guest list and boy do I have some great news for Lake County. How about Charo and Richard Simmons or Niel Sedaka and a Spanish Beatles tribute band fresh from Cuba?
Nearly perfect, how about Michael Bolton, Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner all on one ticket! How about the "lost boys" suprised they have not beeen sued by the real band yet.
harold

Clearlake, CA

#5 Dec 6, 2009
un-Americian wrote:
<quoted text>
Nearly perfect, how about Michael Bolton, Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner all on one ticket! How about the "lost boys" suprised they have not beeen sued by the real band yet.
Rich little opening for the Lost Boys.

“Used to be"Just Wondering"”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 6, 2009
OMG why didn't I think of that, now that would be a perfect start to Michael Bolton, Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner doing 30's broadway hits! Do you think Mike Myers would be interested in opening for some Madona/Mariah Carey or some other wh ore.
geevo

Oakland, CA

#7 Dec 6, 2009
Deake wrote:
RCI, the largest owner of timeshares in the United States, has reached a memorandum of undertstanding to purchase Konocti Harbor Resort & Spa.
Konocti Timeshares on Clear Lake will take over the operation of the old Konocti Harbor beginning Jan. 4, 2010, according to sources close to the purchase.
A final sales price is being negotiated though the sides are not far apart, according to another source familiar with the negotiations.
"Several minor issues have yet to be worked out but will be soon," according to the source.
The old Konocti Harbor Resort will undergo a facelift in excess of $3.76 million.
Former Konocti Harbor general manager Greg Bennett will be retained, according to a source.
They will at least 3 times that amount to bring the place up to a timeshare or top rate resort destination. I hope it happens and I hope Greg stays on.
Dump Greg

Lakeport, CA

#8 Dec 7, 2009
Lets keep on a jackhole who ran things into the ground with the last owners.....Sounds doomed from the start!
Richard Hertz

Clearlake, CA

#9 Dec 7, 2009
Rocco wrote:
Ha Ha, with that line up it sounds like they are going to open up a time-share rest home for has beens! How appropriate for them to have Lost Greg, and the Bennet Boys on staff.
Provocateur

Half Moon Bay, CA

#11 Dec 7, 2009
Retain Greg the troll Bennett, they might as well flush their 3.76 mil. Eddy Money, Lost Boys, Willie Nelson, Lost Boys, Night Ranger, Lost Boys. Sound familiar?
ABS

Demotte, IN

#12 Dec 8, 2009
With 3.7 mil. they might be able to remove the tarps and garbage bags on the roofs at the resort, but what about all the other issues, and believe me there are many! Can anyone confirm that Konocti has indeed been sold, and who came up with the 3.7?
Timeshare Pro

Clearlake, CA

#13 Jan 20, 2010
Any word if RCI is still buying Konocti ?
Provocateur

United States

#14 Jan 20, 2010
Nobody is buying much of anything, except necessities. More closed stores on Main St. Sorry Les. and even fewer jobs. Less work less money and prices just go one way, up.
Ling

Fort Dodge, IA

#15 Jan 25, 2010
Any word on the status of this?
Richard Hertz

Clearlake, CA

#16 Jan 25, 2010
Provocateur wrote:
Nobody is buying much of anything, except necessities. More closed stores on Main St. Sorry Les. and even fewer jobs. Less work less money and prices just go one way, up.
Ask around and you will find that all of the stores on Main St are closing because they heard Lowe's is coming!!
harold

Clearlake, CA

#17 Jan 25, 2010
Ling wrote:
Any word on the status of this?
Mr Bennet says they will re-open in the spring. Due to budget concerns the outdoor venue will be limited to weekly shows by the Lostboys. Fingers crossed!
Provocateur

Half Moon Bay, CA

#18 Jan 27, 2010
Lets all hold our breath until KHRS opens with Greg Bennett at the wheel or should I say at the cash box?
north end

Nice, CA

#19 Jan 27, 2010
geevo wrote:
<quoted text>
They will at least 3 times that amount to bring the place up to a timeshare or top rate resort destination. I hope it happens and I hope Greg stays on.
Though Bennet paid for big entertainment, that seems to be the only thing he actually paid. Rumor had it that their F&B bill was in excess of 400,000 owed at one time. Plus their concert schedule never changed. Same band different year. Burned out on Allen Jackson and ZZ Top. Oh lets not for get the LOST BOYS. Enough is enough. Maybe their parents will relocate so they will.
Brad King - kville

San Francisco, CA

#20 Jan 27, 2010
north end wrote:
<quoted text>
Though Bennet paid for big entertainment, that seems to be the only thing he actually paid. Rumor had it that their F&B bill was in excess of 400,000 owed at one time. Plus their concert schedule never changed. Same band different year. Burned out on Allen Jackson and ZZ Top. Oh lets not for get the LOST BOYS. Enough is enough. Maybe their parents will relocate so they will.
So I take it you missed out on Little Feat, Buddy Guy, James Browne, Bod Dylan / Steely Dan - on consecutive nights, Plant & Krauss, etc. Like local restaurant faire, some folks LIKE to have the same item on the menu. It's why they show up. A smart venue creates a customer base out of this and a smart performer understands it.

"Pay good money
to hear 'Fire & Rain'
again & again & again."
James Taylor - "That's Why I'm Here"

Our smarter local venues also know how to have a variety as well. The reputation for KHR&S to have cowboy and county fair circuit players ignores the fact that we were very fortunate to see great music by strong players here. And when I could do it by paying $20 (Star card) and boat on in to see Lyle Lovett with a 18 piece band, I had a heck of a good time. For all of it's failings, if you couldn't have a good time at Konocti's shows, you deserve to stay home with American Idol as the pinnacle of your entertainment.

If we are lucky, we can have a large venue here that fills the need for a big event experience. In the meantime, don't ignore the clubs, local and regional, that support musicians and their fans.
===
And now you have a problem with the PARENTS of the LB? FYI - Some of the nicest and better business folks in county.
wolf

Chico, CA

#21 Mar 2, 2010
I enjoyed many concerts at Konocti in the past. Last summer, the line up did not interest me at all. It's so sad that they closed up. It was a great place to watch concerts and meet the band. I hope they do something with the place.
Is there any updates on what's going on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother's Little Helper Jan 24 billywilderswetdream 1
Ukiah police and fire log: Friday, Jan. 16, 2015 Jan 20 Here Is One 3
Alternate Current -- A time of opportunity - wi... (Apr '10) Jan 13 Local 4
Create a carbon tax (Dec '10) Jan 13 Local 56
Alternate Current -- Mass amnesia in the age of... (Feb '10) Jan 13 Local 28
Congratulations: Lake County is number 1 Jan 13 poorest in state 1
Child molester from Lower Lake sentenced to eig... Jan 8 Marilyn S Wilson WH 8

Nice News Video

Nice Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Nice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:39 am PST

NBC Sports 5:39AM
Raiders adding Sal Sunseri to defensive staff
NBC Sports 6:31 AM
Raiders hire Todd Downing as quarterbacks coach
NBC Sports 7:09 AM
Perry Fewell to interview for position coach job with 49ers
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
NBC Sports10:39 AM
Alleghany County sheriff: No conflict of interest with deputy working for Steelers