Morgan Jack sentenced for death of ta...

Morgan Jack sentenced for death of taxi driver

There are 44 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from May 24, 2010, titled Morgan Jack sentenced for death of taxi driver. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

LAKEPORT A Nice resident kept his chin down Monday as family members of the man he admitted to killing read letters to the court and a judge imposed the upper limit of 12 years in prison for voluntary manslaughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Travesty

Fort Dodge, IA

#2 May 25, 2010
Captioned should read "Sentenced TO death" (not for death). A travesty of justice. Why have the courts gone soft. Will never understand it. SHAME on the justice system.
local resident

Milpitas, CA

#3 May 25, 2010
preposterous! i would do more time if i poached an elk out of season! this guy with a prior criminal record! start puttin' these wretches down and save us some heartache and money and be done with it! as i said before bullets are cheap, i'll supply'em. Pathetic system that's in place, simply PATHETIC!
Richtersrus

Fort Dodge, IA

#5 May 25, 2010
I have absolutely NO faith in our Judicial system. Hard to believe that you can kill a loving hard working father, and gets a FEW short years. But you can practice medicinal marijuana and serve MANY years. How does this happen. The "I was drunk and can't remember" is total crap! Things have to change!!!So this murderer will be out in a few years to live his life and do the same thing AGAIN, while his victims children go on without a father. Wonderful world that we live in!
f-bomb

Lakeport, CA

#7 May 25, 2010
poor native american, probably had a rough child hood, let him out and give him a medal for rubbing out those dirty white people,huh Hopkins.
Gina

Liverpool, NY

#8 May 25, 2010
Hopkins, WHat are you thinking? Do you know what your job is? If you do then DO IT! He Jack is a murder and should be put to DEATH! Instead you allow him to be spanked and he will be out in no time. I hope Hopkins is on the unemployment line SOON!
Richard Hertz

Albuquerque, NM

#9 May 25, 2010
Hey Hoppie,
Did Big Valley Rancheria make sizeable contributions to your re-election fund?
copter dave

Williams, CA

#10 May 25, 2010
12 year sentence so he will be out in four . hoppy why did'nt you just give him probation . still no garzoli charges .
Todd

Clearlake, CA

#12 May 25, 2010
Goodbye Hopkins....stick a fork in you because you're done! RIP Mr.W!
Disgusting

Fort Dodge, IA

#13 May 25, 2010
This sentence for taking a man's life ( a great man who did alot for this community and loved his family) is nothing but an INSULT! So sorry JOE, there is no justice for the good people, only the KILLERS !!!!!!!!! Condolences to Joe's former wife and children.
private

United States

#15 May 25, 2010
Wow! The DA has no problem trying to get a jury to convict an innocent man but when confronted with a cold blooded killer they ask him what he thinks his sentence should be. I hate to ask, how much worse can the Lake co. justice system get?

If you can frame an innocent man why can't you frame a guilty man. What does this jack guy have that the rest don't. A license to kill?
see what I mean

Haines, AK

#16 May 26, 2010
"Mann said a number of factors led him to impose the upper term limit, including Jack's prior offenses increasing in number and seriousness, that Jack served prison time in the past and was on parole when he committed the crime."

Lake County DA has been doing this forever. letting the criminals run free. Damn them. This guy's probably a 2nd strike felon too. Slap their wrists Hoppy. I think it turns you on.

I WANT TO FEEL SAFE AND PROTECTED IN LAKE COUNTY. Can you hear me now?
Free for all

Fort Dodge, IA

#17 May 26, 2010
see what I mean wrote:
"Mann said a number of factors led him to impose the upper term limit, including Jack's prior offenses increasing in number and seriousness, that Jack served prison time in the past and was on parole when he committed the crime."
Lake County DA has been doing this forever. letting the criminals run free. Damn them. This guy's probably a 2nd strike felon too. Slap their wrists Hoppy. I think it turns you on.
I WANT TO FEEL SAFE AND PROTECTED IN LAKE COUNTY. Can you hear me now?
Mann "upper term limit" What??? Jack had prior offenses and was on parole when he committed this HEINOUS CRIME !!!!! What is going on here in Lake Co.? The judicial system is failing our community. Maybe they all need to retire....job burn out?
Lake Countier

United States

#18 May 26, 2010
They dont let ALL get off easy- I know of someone who received over ten years for fighting, yes they had minor priors but this was non gang related. C'mon, It is a known fact in other counties that Lake County Justice System is full of it
Lowell Grant

Richmond, CA

#20 May 26, 2010
Judge Mann imposed THE UPPER LIMIT for the charges brought by the DA, this has NOTHING to do with liberal vs conservative in anyone's mind but the pyscho village idiot. The DA chooses what charges to bring, the judge is bound by law regarding the term to be served.
copter dave

Williams, CA

#21 May 26, 2010
If I am correct both Mitchell and Hoppy are Republicans .
samiam

Kelseyville, CA

#22 May 26, 2010
Adrian Vance wrote:
Such are the fruits of liberalism. They always do the wrong thing thinking the power of paradox will confuse the masses into thinking they are smarter and know better, but here it is clear the people see the matter with utter clarity. The time has come to flush the toilet we call Castle Forbes, the monument to fLake County government.
Such are the fruits of the village idiot. He always does the wrong thing thinking the power of paradox will confuse the masses into thinking he is smarter and knows better.
samiam

Kelseyville, CA

#24 May 26, 2010
Adrian Vance wrote:
<quoted text>
MR. STUDEBAKER, our very own local George F. Babbit, as usual, cannot see much farther than his mirror, or in this case his county. The California Communist State Legislature has given us an unworkable, unliveable set of laws in their abject liberalism and that is what I was addressing, your Doltness.
Sure you were. Set down the cocktail and step away from the computer.
Linda

Fort Dodge, IA

#25 May 26, 2010
Lake Countier wrote:
They dont let ALL get off easy- I know of someone who received over ten years for fighting, yes they had minor priors but this was non gang related. C'mon, It is a known fact in other counties that Lake County Justice System is full of it
Oh right, but the problem was that guy was innocent!

Hopkins is so bad it hurts. So ugly it hurts. And needs to be voted out asap.
Uncommon Sense

Castro Valley, CA

#26 May 26, 2010
Lake Countier wrote:
Absolutely impossible. Fighting in public is a midemeanor which means no prison time is possible. If that story is true, there's much more to it.

I have a question....If Rivero is endorsed by the Big Valley Band of Pomo's does that mean he has Morgan Jack's endorsement too?
pot head

United States

#27 May 26, 2010
If you are not worried about Rivero Why are you so worried about Rivero?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sex offender sweep conducted (May '10) Aug 16 mex gone by by 52
News Saw Shop presents second Summer Poetry reading Aug '15 Pete 1
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) Aug '15 lil sister 1,211
News Hunter safety class is July 30-31, Aug. 1 (Jul '09) Jul '15 vance golden 79
News In support of Sheriff Mitchell (Jul '10) Jul '15 Provocateur 131
This guy thinks he's God? (Oct '10) Jul '15 Peter 6
News Redwood Valley ready to fight Dollar General Jul '15 Big Johnson 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nice Mortgages