Concerned about water rate increase

Concerned about water rate increase

There are 5 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Apr 5, 2010, titled Concerned about water rate increase. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

I am not happy about the water rate increase here in Lucerne. I received my water bill and it was almost doubled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

Jim Hall

United States

#1 Apr 5, 2010
Clean, safe, affordable water is this Nations citizens right too. No water company should be run as a for profit business. Like the air we breath, water is a necessity for life and a resource that should be owned by all citizens. .
samiam

Kelseyville, CA

#3 Apr 5, 2010
If you live in Lucerne you can't be far from the lake. Maybe it's time for you to buy a bucket.
yikes

Waterloo, IA

#4 Apr 6, 2010
Between the water and electrical rates I am truly shocked.
Shagnasty

Kelseyville, CA

#5 Apr 6, 2010
Clean, safe, affordable water is NOT a right. The water delivered to your home is potable because it is governed by the health department. The health department mandates what must be done so that it is potable.

I'm sure your water company would like to offer more affordable water but it is a business and it is required to pay for itself. People invest in the business are entitled (not a right) to a profit on their money.

Clean, safe, affordable water is something you must pay to have.

Water systems governed by the board of supervisors do not offer free water. They too much 'pay their own way' and as such some of their rates are very high.

The Public Utilities Commission is the entity that handles increases for your water company.

You CAN help yourself by installing low flow toilets, flow flow shower heads, check for faucets that are dripping and change the landscaping to accommodate our arid climate.

You can also help yourself by not running the water while brushing your teeth, showering for long periods of time and when you run the water in the kitchen until it gets hot....save that water in a bucket and use that to water your plants.
Donna Christopher

Kelseyville, CA

#6 Apr 6, 2010
Shaggy - you must not live in Lucerne. It's not really the cost of the water you use that hurts so bad, it's all the charges before a drop of water is used that hurt really bad.

And no, Cal Water Service Co is not the least bit interested in affordable water. But they are focused like a laser on the ever increasing quarterly dividends.

I have a two different button toilet, low flow everything, gather the water when trying to get hot or cold water flowing in the tap and tore our all my lawns. All the bill has done is double.

I don't begrudge anyone making a profit - I DO begrudge them making a killing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake Conditions Mon shawn94568 1
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) Aug 17 The Way101 1,214
News Magnitude 5.1 Earthquake Shakes Northern Califo... Aug 11 herbert 338x 3
News Officers deny they taught profiling (Dec '09) Jul '16 xXxMemelordxXx 98
News Shasta Lake search continues (Aug '06) Jul '16 JMichael Kues 6
News Sheriff Mitchell, Supervisors consider legal' e... (Mar '08) Jun '16 Provocateur 90
News Sierra Club files suit against Cristallago deve... (Apr '10) Jun '16 Provocateur 25

Nice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nice Mortgages