Barbecue is fundraiser for ULHS sports

Barbecue is fundraiser for ULHS sports

There are 14 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from May 20, 2010, titled Barbecue is fundraiser for ULHS sports. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

The 20th annual edition of Tut's Beef Barbecue, a fundraiser for Upper Lake High School athletics, takes place Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Boathouse Restaurant in Nice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

LL AD

Clearlake, CA

#1 May 20, 2010
Good luck Airic and ULHS, hope you do well at this and raise much needed funds.
Donna Christopher

Kelseyville, CA

#2 May 20, 2010
This is always the best bbq around - and it's for such a great cause. Go Cougars!
samiam

Kelseyville, CA

#3 May 20, 2010
Maybe we could find a better place for a high school fundraiser than at a bar that just had their liquor license suspended?
Donna Christopher

Kelseyville, CA

#4 May 20, 2010
So - whattya got to offer as an alternative site samiam? And if their liquor license is suspended can they truly be called a bar until the license is re-instated?
samiam

Kelseyville, CA

#5 May 20, 2010
Donna Christopher wrote:
So - whattya got to offer as an alternative site samiam? And if their liquor license is suspended can they truly be called a bar until the license is re-instated?
Judy's junction works pretty good for high school fundraisers. I'm pretty sure the tai food place on the water in Lucerne would work. As for the Boat House I could be wrong but I think they were closed for three weeks a couple months back for selling to someone under age. Either way I think it is inappropriate to have a high school fundraiser at a bar. If nothing else at least stop pouring whiskey during the BBQ.
Donna Christopher

Kelseyville, CA

#6 May 21, 2010
Sam - have you ever attended one of these bbq's? I have, my kids have sold tickets for them and when they weren't selling them the neighboring kids were. The parents buy the tickets and attend. And if you've ever had teenagers you know their idea of a good sunday afternoon is to NOT spend it with the parents. And guess what - just because it's at a bar doesn't mean you have to drink! I don't so I enjoyed a soda.
samiam

Kelseyville, CA

#7 May 21, 2010
Donna Christopher wrote:
Sam - have you ever attended one of these bbq's? I have, my kids have sold tickets for them and when they weren't selling them the neighboring kids were. The parents buy the tickets and attend. And if you've ever had teenagers you know their idea of a good sunday afternoon is to NOT spend it with the parents. And guess what - just because it's at a bar doesn't mean you have to drink! I don't so I enjoyed a soda.
Yep I've been there. I don't have a problem with people drinking. I'm not saying this is a bad event. I'm sure people have a wonderful time, drunk people usually do. I just think there must be a better place for this event than at a bar.
I believe that when it comes to our children we must always guard against letting the good become the enemy of the best.
Enough Said

Waterloo, IA

#8 May 21, 2010
High school fundraiser at a bar? Classic!! Now I understand why there was d.u.i. to Upperlake school teachers and administrators not too long ago. High school advocating alcoholism with bbq.
samiam

Kelseyville, CA

#9 May 21, 2010
Enough Said wrote:
High school fundraiser at a bar? Classic!! Now I understand why there was d.u.i. to Upperlake school teachers and administrators not too long ago. High school advocating alcoholism with bbq.
Well that's a little harsh but something like that.
Lowell Grant

Richmond, CA

#10 May 21, 2010
The Boat House is a restaurant WITH a bar, like Park Place, The Broiler and many other fine eateries. How often do we see a family enjoying dinner at just such a place?...They have a deck over the water, very nice atmosphere and I'm sure very little will be going on at the bar during the BBQ.

Is it simply that some of those who lurk here using phoney names to hide behind are just lusting for a chance to imagine a sordid underbelly for virtually ANY situation just so they can unload their negativity?

The proceeds of the BBQ go to what is without a doubt a good and important thing...the children of our community and the guy who started this event and who's name is attached, Tut Harville, was a real contributor to his community: his mememory should be respected.

We live in a world with so much evil, why not direct your need to scream out at any one of those evils instead of looking for ANY reason to b i t c h?
Enough Said

Waterloo, IA

#11 May 21, 2010
I love how someone says that their sure very little comsumption well be going on at a bar because of a BBQ being held. Hello!.. When has anyone ever seen a BBQ without drinking?? Alcohol and driving would be considered evil would it not?

Everyone knows why the fundraiser is being held at the Boathouse in the first place. You would not make as much money without booze or beer.

Turning the other cheek and being ignorant is a sorry excuse..

Donna Christopher

Kelseyville, CA

#12 May 21, 2010
Well DUH Enough Said - it is a fund raiser! Oh the horror, what if they sell raffle tickets, won't that expose the children to gambling?

Y'all need to find some place to volunteer - leaves less time to see non-existent hobgoblins around every corner.
samiam

Kelseyville, CA

#13 May 21, 2010
Lowell Grant wrote:
The Boat House is a restaurant WITH a bar, like Park Place, The Broiler and many other fine eateries. How often do we see a family enjoying dinner at just such a place?...They have a deck over the water, very nice atmosphere and I'm sure very little will be going on at the bar during the BBQ.
Is it simply that some of those who lurk here using phoney names to hide behind are just lusting for a chance to imagine a sordid underbelly for virtually ANY situation just so they can unload their negativity?
The proceeds of the BBQ go to what is without a doubt a good and important thing...the children of our community and the guy who started this event and who's name is attached, Tut Harville, was a real contributor to his community: his mememory should be respected.
We live in a world with so much evil, why not direct your need to scream out at any one of those evils instead of looking for ANY reason to b i t c h?
Yes, because when I think of "fine eateries" I think of the Broiler, Park Place, and the Boathouse. Please don't play stupid to try to make a point. You know exactly what that place is. You've probably weaved your way home from there yourself a time or two. What's next, BBQ hotdogs in the parking lot of the medi-pot store? Well as long as it's for the children. Right?
As I said before. It just seems like they could find a place that's a little more appropriate for a high school fundraiser.
Talk all the smack you want "Mr. Grant", if that really is your name, but just remember I'm not the one that picked this fight.
Ansible

United States

#14 May 21, 2010
clamiam, too-much said, you dimwits. Close your mouths and open your ears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff Mitchell, Supervisors consider legal' e... (Mar '08) Jun 22 Provocateur 90
News Sierra Club files suit against Cristallago deve... (Apr '10) Jun 21 Provocateur 25
News Lake County sheriff cuts off agencies' access t... (Apr '13) Jun 18 Provocateur 19
News Woman dies in driveway (Jul '11) Jun 11 Debbabb 4
News Views and News: Nationalization of retirement (Aug '10) Jun 3 Bern one for obammy 136
News Lots of pot found at Brown's (Jul '08) May 28 rob black 841
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) May '16 scurry 1,212
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nice Mortgages