Vets see dogs poisoned by pot
"It is pretty common," Joanna Holtz, a veterinarian at the Middletown Animal Hospital, said.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.
#1 May 9, 2012
The same thing happens if a dog eats 4 pounds of raisins.
"4. Nearly all medicines have toxic, potentially lethal effects. But marijuana is not such a substance. There is no record in the extensive medical literature describing a proven, documented cannabis-induced fatality.
55. "5. This is a remarkable statement. First, the record on marijuana encompasses 5,000 years of human experience. Second, marijuana is now used daily by enormous numbers of people throughout the world. Estimates suggest that from twenty million to fifty million Americans routinely, albeit illegally, smoke marijuana without the benefit of direct medical supervision. Yet, despite this long history of use and the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a single death.
56. "6. By contrast aspirin, a commonly used, over-the-counter medicine, causes hundreds of deaths each year.
57. "7. Drugs used in medicine are routinely given what is called an LD-50. The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced toxicity. A number of researchers have attempted to determine marijuana's LD-50 rating in test animals, without success. Simply stated, researchers have been unable to give animals enough marijuana to induce death.
58. "8. At present it is estimated that marijuana's LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.
59. "9. In practical terms, marijuana cannot induce a lethal response as a result of drug-related toxicity."
Since: Sep 08
#2 May 11, 2012
#3 May 11, 2012
#4 May 29, 2012
I wonder where this story originated? Did Kevin dig this piece up all by himself? Did Mandy send him to cover this tall tail? I got a dog, she's a rescue dog and she will eat anything the litter box isn't off her menu. The remnants have been found hanging out of the wrong end of her body plastic, rope, rug, she even ate a half a wheel of cheddar cheese, which was a week long mess. Every since we adopted her she has brought us all kinds of things. First it was shoes then it was stuffed toys she even brought me some kind of Ping fancy driver with a fancy cover. For a long time we kept a box out by the road with all the things she had taken. Some things we didn't put in the box like the 5 dollar bill or that bag of pot. She's a really good dog.
“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”
Since: Nov 08
El Cerrito California
#5 Jan 9, 2013
I remember years ago a friend accidentally left over a pound of buds on the picnic table in the back yard.
When he realized what he had done he rushed into the backyard only to find his German Shepherds had devoured the whole bag!
These dogs were Happier dogs than he had ever seen and despite his financial loss he had to laugh!
The fundamentalist agenda includes outright lies to achieve their ends!
Pot is not toxic!
Tobacco, Alcohol and many prescription drugs are! This is documented and can be confirmed!
Yet this problem with tobacco, alcohol and prescription drugs is ignored by fundamentalist religions that fear the entheogen properties of marijuana much more than the poisons that are destroying our youth!
Add your comments below
|Officers deny they taught profiling (Dec '09)||Jul 19||xXxMemelordxXx||98|
|Shasta Lake search continues (Aug '06)||Jul 14||JMichael Kues||6|
|Sheriff Mitchell, Supervisors consider legal' e... (Mar '08)||Jun '16||Provocateur||90|
|Sierra Club files suit against Cristallago deve... (Apr '10)||Jun '16||Provocateur||25|
|Lake County sheriff cuts off agencies' access t... (Apr '13)||Jun '16||Provocateur||19|
|Woman dies in driveway (Jul '11)||Jun '16||Debbabb||4|
|Views and News: Nationalization of retirement (Aug '10)||Jun '16||Bern one for obammy||136|
Find what you want!
Search Nice Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC