Another Judge's Conduct In Question

Dec 28, 2008 Read more: Hartford Courant 55
Sometimes an accusation of improper behavior by a judge sets off a clamor of publicity, as with the racially charged tirade that Superior Court Judge E. Curtissa Cofield allegedly inflicted on police officers ... Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
endcorruption

Cranston, RI

#51 Dec 31, 2008
This nonsense with these judges is due to the Hartford Courant's inability to do investigative reporting, the problem is that there are legislative lobbyists that are sitting on a judicial selection committee and are screening judges when they are writing checks out and representing Indian gaming, how unethical is that? The judges down in New London Court's are absolutely deplorable. Problem here is Blumenthal does not do his job, there is a very serious problem with the state of Connecticut Judicial branch and no one s paying attention that whistle blowers are retaliated against..time to change and begin a movement and take back this branch for the people..
Distressed

Marlborough, CT

#52 Dec 31, 2008
My God! Have we lost so much faith in our ability to govern ourselves that we stoop to attacking any and all of those who seek, in all good faith, to govern for the good of all of us? Those of you who complain of corruption, do you get involved with either the Democrats or the Republicans? Or,perhaps, do you find it easier to sit back and carp about those who do get involved? Perhaps, you have your own personal axe to grind and find it easier to condemn everyone else than to have to examine your own failings? Do not complain about the government we have until you are willing to really work to achieve the government we want. If you do not contact your senator and representative about those attorneys who you think might make good judges, do not complain about those who do ascend to the bench. Most judges are only trying to do a good job, but, remember, by definition, something like 50% of those involved in a judicial case are disappointed by a judge's decisions. Now, I am not defending Judge Booth for what he might have done wrong. But understand he is paying a high price for his sins, if indeed there were any. Do not, however, condemn all judges because a few may be perceived as having problems. Do not condemn all legislators because a few may not be perfect. As Jesus said, "let he among you who is without sin, cast the first stone". Judges, Legislators, Governors and Presidents are all human, with human failings. Do not expect a human to be God-like. All we can do do is hope that they strive for that.
ZENA AKA ANGEL

United States

#53 Jan 1, 2009
I am glad to hear sexual harrassment is finally being addressed...it is sometimes so subtle, but still very offesive and hostitle..........and the complaint about it is often poo poo'd

this woman had alot of courage, the kickback on outing a judge or otherwise "heavy hitter" is severe.....

good job lender...

go after some more judges......they are easy....they are outstanding in their corrupt and outstanding behavior
ZENA AKA ANGEL

United States

#54 Jan 1, 2009
Distressed wrote:
My God! Have we lost so much faith in our ability to govern ourselves that we stoop to attacking any and all of those who seek, in all good faith, to govern for the good of all of us? Those of you who complain of corruption, do you get involved with either the Democrats or the Republicans? Or,perhaps, do you find it easier to sit back and carp about those who do get involved? Perhaps, you have your own personal axe to grind and find it easier to condemn everyone else than to have to examine your own failings? Do not complain about the government we have until you are willing to really work to achieve the government we want. If you do not contact your senator and representative about those attorneys who you think might make good judges, do not complain about those who do ascend to the bench. Most judges are only trying to do a good job, but, remember, by definition, something like 50% of those involved in a judicial case are disappointed by a judge's decisions. Now, I am not defending Judge Booth for what he might have done wrong. But understand he is paying a high price for his sins, if indeed there were any. Do not, however, condemn all judges because a few may be perceived as having problems. Do not condemn all legislators because a few may not be perfect. As Jesus said, "let he among you who is without sin, cast the first stone". Judges, Legislators, Governors and Presidents are all human, with human failings. Do not expect a human to be God-like. All we can do do is hope that they strive for that.
distressed....YOU MUST BE A MAN!!!!!
ZENA AKA ANGEL

United States

#55 Jan 1, 2009
endcorruption wrote:
This nonsense with these judges is due to the Hartford Courant's inability to do investigative reporting, the problem is that there are legislative lobbyists that are sitting on a judicial selection committee and are screening judges when they are writing checks out and representing Indian gaming, how unethical is that? The judges down in New London Court's are absolutely deplorable. Problem here is Blumenthal does not do his job, there is a very serious problem with the state of Connecticut Judicial branch and no one s paying attention that whistle blowers are retaliated against..time to change and begin a movement and take back this branch for the people..
I AGREE.......openly...and I SUFFER FOR IT........retaliation is alive and well..........and it wounds and destroys, splintering families and diminishing faith........i DO WORK TO OPENLY END CORRUPTION..i dont get paid to ..but i do a pay a price.

and as for blumenthal...he is corrupt

yahoo groups
inthepresent@yahoogroups
ZENA AKA ANGEL

United States

#56 Jan 1, 2009
Underwhelmed wrote:
Let's see, his comments had to do with patent leather shoes, whether women on his staff were married or single, and whether they exercised ? And he asked personnel to speak to him privately in his office instead of over the phone where others might hear ? My gosh, this judge should replace Howard Stern on satellite radio with his raunchy and inappropriate comments ! Is this what passes for harassment in 2008 ? This caseflow worker supposedly has a list of other women who confided in her but refused to come forward. Hmm, that would have been so convincing in her sexual harassment trial - I would think that anonymous hearsay is useless at trial. It is sad how quickly people are ready to judge others on the flimsiest of facts.
you must be a man also...SEXUAL HARRASSMENT IS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY BUT HOW THEY SAY IT...AND WHEN YOU FEELED SLIMED...YOU'VE BEEN SEXUALLY HARRASSED...

but...you must be a man...or you would know that...
My 2 Cents

Grayslake, IL

#57 Jan 1, 2009
Complaints about judges are reviewed by judges, police incidents are investigated by police and lawyers sit on disciplinary review committees to review complaints against lawyers. It's not what you know that matters, it's who you know. Having a large bank account doesn't hurt either.
Just one voice

Amston, CT

#58 Jan 1, 2009
Distressed wrote:
My God! Have we lost so much faith in our ability to govern ourselves that we stoop to attacking any and all of those who seek, in all good faith, to govern for the good of all of us? Those of you who complain of corruption, do you get involved with either the Democrats or the Republicans? Or,perhaps, do you find it easier to sit back and carp about those who do get involved? Perhaps, you have your own personal axe to grind and find it easier to condemn everyone else than to have to examine your own failings? Do not complain about the government we have until you are willing to really work to achieve the government we want. If you do not contact your senator and representative about those attorneys who you think might make good judges, do not complain about those who do ascend to the bench. Most judges are only trying to do a good job, but, remember, by definition, something like 50% of those involved in a judicial case are disappointed by a judge's decisions. Now, I am not defending Judge Booth for what he might have done wrong. But understand he is paying a high price for his sins, if indeed there were any. Do not, however, condemn all judges because a few may be perceived as having problems. Do not condemn all legislators because a few may not be perfect. As Jesus said, "let he among you who is without sin, cast the first stone". Judges, Legislators, Governors and Presidents are all human, with human failings. Do not expect a human to be God-like. All we can do do is hope that they strive for that.
So we hear from only one person and you think all is fine if you just vote? Please! Give me a break and while you are at it OPEN YOUR EYES. This stuff with the Judicial Branch has been going on for way to long. Friends and family get the big paying jobs and the taxpayers pay the price. The politicians keep saying how these things take time and while they are telling us this more employees of the Branch are being harmed.
Take for instance the resources utilized to take the whistle-blowers down. Do you even realize how often this is the case.
A supervisor was reported for fraud and within a month she was promoted. Another supervisor was banned from a JD for sexual harassment and he was also promoted.
I am not saying all judges are bad- I am saying there is a very serious problem in the Judicial Branch and everyone seems to be looking the other way.
I really don't blame the lawyers cause when they step up they can expect retaliation.
Thomas

Mansfield Center, CT

#59 Jan 1, 2009
Mark wrote:
Another instance of the lack of ethics in the Rell adminstration.
Really all it is, is just another chance for a cheap shot at the state of CT. Are you from NY?
Just one voice

Amston, CT

#60 Jan 2, 2009
Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
Really all it is, is just another chance for a cheap shot at the state of CT. Are you from NY?
I think you are confused- this is a statement about the Judicial Branch and the problems with having the people who administer the Branch using unethical, immoral and sometimes illegal means in order to protect themselves from having the same accountability as every other person in this state and country.
more more more

Amston, CT

#61 Jan 2, 2009
Hey- any of you try to do a search in the news to see just how many complaints and how far reaching they are? The Judicial Branch does not just protect judges. There is lots out there if only you take the time to look.
A Trial Court Administrator was removed from the court she administered for abusing employees. She was then re-located to another court house to work on "Special Projects." She never lost her pay and continued to collect more than 100K for 5 or so more years while quietly tucked away.
WakeUpPeople

United States

#62 Jan 4, 2009
Are they still honorable?
etc

Amston, CT

#63 Jan 4, 2009
more more more wrote:
Hey- any of you try to do a search in the news to see just how many complaints and how far reaching they are? The Judicial Branch does not just protect judges. There is lots out there if only you take the time to look.
A Trial Court Administrator was removed from the court she administered for abusing employees. She was then re-located to another court house to work on "Special Projects." She never lost her pay and continued to collect more than 100K for 5 or so more years while quietly tucked away.
I did a quick search in google and found lots more complaints against the Branch. One woman was fired for doing the right thing when an attorney changed an official document and a judge refused to address the attorney. The woman fired reported the abused and somehow ended up fired. Of course she got a lawyer and was re-hired and now says nothing out of fear. Then there was the woman in Milford who filed a CHRO and had to deal with the entire state.
Libertarian

United States

#64 Aug 6, 2009
Marc Vincent Russo wrote:
Next to highly ethical and hard workers like yourself you are right. You probably applied and didn't get hired by the State. Ha ha!
<quoted text>
Russo The State doesn't want ethical hard working employees, they want employees that look the other way and play along to get along and employees that will cover up with fabricated documentation so the State can defraud the federal Government for grants and tax dollars.
Whistleblower

United States

#65 Aug 6, 2009
etc wrote:
<quoted text>
I did a quick search in google and found lots more complaints against the Branch. One woman was fired for doing the right thing when an attorney changed an official document and a judge refused to address the attorney. The woman fired reported the abused and somehow ended up fired. Of course she got a lawyer and was re-hired and now says nothing out of fear. Then there was the woman in Milford who filed a CHRO and had to deal with the entire state.
The State of CT has a protocol of retaliations against their 'targeted' citizens; nothing personal, it's just the way the State does business

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niantic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Stenger Farm Pond Case (Jul '09) Feb '15 Cool4ever18 8
News Seven arrested in Norwich prostitution sting (Aug '08) Aug '14 Yermo 13
Explosion? Wednesday 8-27-14 (Aug '14) Aug '14 Campbell 1
News Man arraigned for East Lyme consignment store r... (Jun '14) Jun '14 beachgirls 1
News State grants funding to purchase 41 acres of op... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Foamer King 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Connecticu... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Buck Idleburg 15
News East Lyme traffic stop ends with drug, weapons ... (Jan '13) Sep '13 Inga Mungin 2

Fire Warning for New London County was issued at April 18 at 3:49AM EDT

More from around the web

Niantic People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]