How safe is Niagara Falls to live?

Posted in the Niagara Falls Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Julissa

Plainview, NY

#1 Aug 6, 2010
Hi all, I am thinking of moving to Niagara Falls since it is cheaper to live than where I am currently living. My family's expenses are getting way out of hand and would like to cut that down. I would like to know if it is safe live in Niagara Falls? How are the public schools there? Do you think it is safe at night? Are there any burglaries going on, home thefts? Thanks
Truth be known

Tonawanda, NY

#2 Aug 6, 2010
Julissa wrote:
Hi all, I am thinking of moving to Niagara Falls since it is cheaper to live than where I am currently living. My family's expenses are getting way out of hand and would like to cut that down. I would like to know if it is safe live in Niagara Falls? How are the public schools there? Do you think it is safe at night? Are there any burglaries going on, home thefts? Thanks
If your a drug addict or dealer you will be cherished here.
kat segovia

Niagara Falls, NY

#4 Aug 12, 2010
Julissa wrote:
I would not recommend living "inner city" as crime is pretty bad, i.e., burglaries, druggies, etc. I would; however, recommend the Town of Lewiston which is still Niagara Falls but much nicer and safer (which is where I live).

“Why not”

Since: Feb 09

Mine

#5 Aug 13, 2010
water is nice in lewiston that's where i do all my boating not to mention art of ribs this weekend Yum
upnorthguynow

Oscoda, MI

#6 Sep 7, 2010
lets not forget to mention all the car thefts,drug use, busts,burglaries in the town and city of lewiston.... yes the lower river is sweet water for hotboats..... that would b a custom boat for all you rookies...
Truth be known

East Amherst, NY

#7 Sep 8, 2010
upnorthguynow wrote:
lets not forget to mention all the car thefts,drug use, busts,burglaries in the town and city of lewiston.... yes the lower river is sweet water for hotboats..... that would b a custom boat for all you rookies...
Whats it like in Michigan? How's the crime rate their?
WNYh8er

Toronto, Canada

#10 Sep 10, 2010
upnorthguynow wrote:
i leave my keys and wallet in my truck and dont have to lock my doors thank u!! the only thing black we have this far north is the bears........ you are not going to tell me ANYTHING i dont know about wny after spending my entire life there up until 06 and i still own 2 houses in lasalle......
Eric Harris, one of the Columbine High School massacre perpetrators lived in Oscoda as a young child, from 1989-1992, while his father worked on Wurtsmith Air Force Base.
upnorthguynow

Oscoda, MI

#11 Sep 10, 2010
dont live in oscoda,thats just our internet provider... but regardless of the air force brat, in the almost five years iv been here i have never had to lock doors or worry about my kids's safety.. try that in the falls area......... didnt that sick f^k of a couple that killed the mahaffey girl and her friend live in your area??????
andet1987

Boise, ID

#12 Sep 10, 2010
Julissa wrote:
i think you should move to idaho. less crime because we are all armed and criminals do not like it. they like easy pickings.
WNYh8er

Toronto, Canada

#13 Sep 11, 2010
upnorthguynow wrote:
dont live in oscoda,thats just our internet provider... but regardless of the air force brat, in the almost five years iv been here i have never had to lock doors or worry about my kids's safety.. try that in the falls area......... didnt that sick f^k of a couple that killed the mahaffey girl and her friend live in your area??????
First off ... WOW ... I have to give a lot of respect for the fact that you know about Leslie Mahaffey (and her friend Kristen French) considering that 97% of Americans don't know what the hell is going on in the world more then 10 miles away from their front door. Paul Bernardo is the sick as*hole you were thinking of by the way. I just "cut and paste" that columbine guy from the wikipedia page about Oscoda by the way. And as for "the falls" please don't ever think I would defend it ... my gf lives in the falls and we hate it. I hate all of WNY (hence my name) but the falls is the king when it comes to trash of all races. NF represents the worst that every race has to offer. 65% of the pop is uneducated white trash, the 25% that are afro american are dirty ...... well I can't finish that or I will be dubbed a racist, and the remaining 10% are reservation gas sniffing satellite TV watching angry filthy natives. And I'm sick of ppl form WNY telling me how great Amherst is ... it is still a drab gross post stalin soviet union depressing sh$t hole. I am a big Michigan fan as I went to school in Windsor. Detroit (like Buffalo) is a run down dilapidated sh*thole, but unlike buffalo it at least has some charm, history and culture to go with it.
Back to the Future

Buffalo, NY

#15 Sep 16, 2010
WNYh8er wrote:
<quoted text>
First off ... WOW ... I have to give a lot of respect for the fact that you know about Leslie Mahaffey (and her friend Kristen French) considering that 97% of Americans don't know what the hell is going on in the world more then 10 miles away from their front door. Paul Bernardo is the sick as*hole you were thinking of by the way. I just "cut and paste" that columbine guy from the wikipedia page about Oscoda by the way. And as for "the falls" please don't ever think I would defend it ... my gf lives in the falls and we hate it. I hate all of WNY (hence my name) but the falls is the king when it comes to trash of all races. NF represents the worst that every race has to offer. 65% of the pop is uneducated white trash, the 25% that are afro american are dirty ...... well I can't finish that or I will be dubbed a racist, and the remaining 10% are reservation gas sniffing satellite TV watching angry filthy natives. And I'm sick of ppl form WNY telling me how great Amherst is ... it is still a drab gross post stalin soviet union depressing sh$t hole. I am a big Michigan fan as I went to school in Windsor. Detroit (like Buffalo) is a run down dilapidated sh*thole, but unlike buffalo it at least has some charm, history and culture to go with it.
The problem with this area is that there's a criminal presence that still dominates and dictates how politics should be handled. I've always felt that in order to grow and prosper one must allow all of its people within the community an equal opportunity to fullfill the American dream.
It seems the majority of the people here may differ for there own selfish reasons.
Until this element can be conquered and the mindset of those who still think old fashioned can be reversed there will never be any progress in moving forward to a better future for all.
Mayor Dyster has made some small strides and I commend him for that but its not significant enough to turn the economy around and make it as robust and vibrant as it should be.
The Niagara and Buffalo region to me is hopelessly challenged and not prepared for for dramatic improvements or change.
droid does

Oscoda, MI

#16 Sep 17, 2010
Back to the Future wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with this area is that there's a criminal presence that still dominates and dictates how politics should be handled. I've always felt that in order to grow and prosper one must allow all of its people within the community an equal opportunity to fullfill the American dream.
It seems the majority of the people here may differ for there own selfish reasons.
Until this element can be conquered and the mindset of those who still think old fashioned can be reversed there will never be any progress in moving forward to a better future for all.
Mayor Dyster has made some small strides and I commend him for that but its not significant enough to turn the economy around and make it as robust and vibrant as it should be.
The Niagara and Buffalo region to me is hopelessly challenged and not prepared for for dramatic improvements or change.
very well put... but id say your screen name should be "seen the light" btw sorry for the french but i was never any good at mincing words... tell it like you see it was how i was raised...
Back to the Future

Buffalo, NY

#17 Sep 21, 2010
droid does wrote:
<quoted text> very well put... but id say your screen name should be "seen the light" btw sorry for the french but i was never any good at mincing words... tell it like you see it was how i was raised...
I'm so disgusted with this area and only wished I had the means to leave and reassurance of a job elsewhere. This area is and its people are hopelessly entangled and misguided that this is the only recourse they can take and that is to allow this certain element to dictate there lives and the lives of those who would like a chance to better themselves.
I would love nothing more then to use my ideas and inventions to help spur private sector jobs but the only thing setting me bcak is the inability to finance my creations. So do I have to demean myself and get help from the local loansharks or should the lenders be a little bit more accomadating to those who would like only an opportunity to follow their dreams.
Back to the Future

Buffalo, NY

#18 Sep 21, 2010
I forgot to mention that there should be a better security put in place for people who would like to patent their ideas without the fear of competitors snatching them up from under their feet and that the process shouldn't be so time consuming and expensive.
D B STEEL

Kathleen, FL

#19 Mar 18, 2011
READ THE BOMB THAT FELL ON NIAGARA by Geoff Kelly and Louis Ricciuti
http://www.ask.ne.jp/~hankaku/english/niagara...
Kila Vanhousen

North Tonawanda, NY

#20 Mar 18, 2011
Julissa wrote:
Yes Niagara Falls is a good place to live sorta. The Schools are good and it is cheaper. Depending on were you live nothing will happen at night.. So try then Devou area. And not many thefts
mary

Franklin, TN

#21 Oct 5, 2011
Hello everyone!

I guess nothing has changed in niagara falls - buffallo area. Are there any suburbs (up to 40 min away from these cities) that are safe to live with children? Or maybe anyone here can suggest safe place to live in the usa with climate like in NF? I mean four seasons, moderate winter and not a hot summer. Thank you!

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#22 Oct 6, 2011
mary wrote:
Hello everyone!
I guess nothing has changed in niagara falls - buffallo area. Are there any suburbs (up to 40 min away from these cities) that are safe to live with children? Or maybe anyone here can suggest safe place to live in the usa with climate like in NF? I mean four seasons, moderate winter and not a hot summer. Thank you!
There are chemical dumps in the area that have effected (infected) some of the area of Lewiston/Youngstown and Ransomville~ Not kidding not being mean~ it is a know fact~
Due to CWM ~

Wilson is near Niagara Falls (20 minutes) and a lovely village and good rated school~ If you are used to rural America and attitudes of people who never left their home towns~~ it is a good choice.

http://www.citizenscampaign.org/campaigns/haz...
you can google more information on this~ but here is a starter article~

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#23 Oct 6, 2011
http://www.ask.ne.jp/~hankaku/english/niagara...

WOW~ This shows much more~ thanks DB STeele
Tusky

Boston, MA

#24 Jan 31, 2012
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>i think you should move to idaho. less crime because we are all armed and criminals do not like it. they like easy pickings.
Haha no its cuz you guys are to busy making Meath and isolating yourselfs in the mountains

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niagara Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erica Allan's Ex Fiance 3 hr findthemhere 1
News Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) 3 hr anonymous 62,099
Tracey Demler (Jul '16) Thu Hammer time 32
Tim Demler (Jun '15) Thu Trish 52
News Young mother, seeking a new life, wants happy h... (Dec '11) Mar 21 lol 92
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) Mar 17 henu 10
News Law and Order: Man accused of breaking into Yel... Mar 14 fake 20s 1

Niagara Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Niagara Falls Mortgages