Niagara Falls: Husband charged in stabbing case

Feb 18, 2009 | Posted by: Dark_Island | Full story: www.niagara-gazette.com

Acting on an indictment handed up Tuesday afternoon by a Niagara County grand jury, Falls police have made an arrest in the city's second homicide of 2009.

Detectives picked up Robert E. Johnson, 26, on Rose Street in Buffalo at 5:15 p.m. and took him to the Niagara County Jail. Johnson is charged with second-degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon in the slaying of his wife Ahkenya Johnson.

“He was our main suspect all along,” Falls Detective Capt. Ernest Palmer said Tuesday night. “Our forensic evidence showed he was the only one in the apartment.”

Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Mar 25, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BellaDonna

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

And this is why there wasn't a public alert for a roving killer in our community... Sadly, domestic situations contribute to a large amount of female deaths. It was obvious the police believed there was no dangerous killer on the loose but that the killer was someone well known to the victim. Someone actually asked when the husband was going to be arrested in the original thread on this murder. And they were right.

How sad for her. How sad for her family. My condolences to all.

“Ding dong, Wacko's DEAD”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

Sad, but true, most women are killed by someone they know.

This is just so sad. She was trying so hard to better her life. How tragic.
MinisterB

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

It ain't over until God say's it's over
Unbelievable

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

I work w/this guy, he was always arguing on the phone w/his wife. Nobody in our office is surprised unfortunately. I can't believe he walked around like nothing had happened. He showed no emotion what so ever. Very cold heart'ed if you ask me. So sad for the babies.
Co-Worker

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

I also work(ed) with Robert and you aren't speaking for all of us when you say that 'nobody in our office is surprised'. I have known him since he walked through the door and he was ALWAYS full of suprises. I feel completely bad that it has come to this and I wish him and the family nothing but peace right now. And yes, he also needs peace because obviously he anyone who could do something like this is NOT peaceful mentally.
Saddened

Lewiston, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

I am a co-worker also; and instead of pointing finger and blame @ unbelievable; WE have no idea what was going through Robert's head. Regardless if guilty or not. Only God can judge him and also a group of his peers (a jury). Did you want him to walk around with a sign around his neck saying "I am guilty or not guilty, I may or may not have killed my wife!" Why should he have showed any emotion; according to your post; you have already found him guilty. Instead of worrying about his guilt or innocence. We should be saying prayers for the family that lost a daughter, neice, and mother; and also praying for their child; because she will now grow up without either parent!!!!!!!!!
Co-Worker

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Amen.
saddened

Bar Harbor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

My deepest regrets to the family Iam at a lost for words. Not only are his daughters without their mother and father, But he also had 2 sons from two previous relationships. My prayers for everyone affected by this tragedy
saddened

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Just because you argue with someone doent make u a killer just cause u have problems in your relationship doesnt make u a killer nobody know the whole story or what went on u just know what you've heard i'm glad this world is so full of judgemental people!!!!
Kola

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

saddened wrote:
Just because you argue with someone doent make u a killer just cause u have problems in your relationship doesnt make u a killer nobody know the whole story or what went on u just know what you've heard i'm glad this world is so full of judgemental people!!!!
We know that a woman is dead. We know that the most likely murderer of a woman is her significant other. We know that the police realized pretty quickly that there wasn't a third party involved.

I don't think this is rocket science, bozo.

Since: Feb 09

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

saddened wrote:
My deepest regrets to the family Iam at a lost for words. Not only are his daughters without their mother and father, But he also had 2 sons from two previous relationships. My prayers for everyone affected by this tragedy
I knew him and never knew of 2 other children from previous relationships. At least it was never brought up. Interesting!
saddened

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

Kola wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that a woman is dead. We know that the most likely murderer of a woman is her significant other. We know that the police realized pretty quickly that there wasn't a third party involved.
I don't think this is rocket science, bozo.
WE KNOW! U DONT KNOW U ONLY KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD!GET INTO THE FACTS KNOW THE REAL AND ALL THE FACTS THEN THE TRUTH TELLS A DIFFERENT STORY.ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE ARE SO JUDGEMENTAL!!!BOZO
saddened

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

Girl_In_Buffalo wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew him and never knew of 2 other children from previous relationships. At least it was never brought up. Interesting!
IT WAS NEVER BROUGHT UP BECAUSE IT WAS APART OF HIS PERSONAL LIFE.
Boozalina

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

He's a murderer, plain and simple!!!
dirty

London, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

I jusr want to say that maybe it was home invasions who murder her.But niagara falls police is nt looking in to that.Just like they never solve none of the murder that happen in niagara Falls.And I always wonder bout that.Everythinh is cold case files to them
NYC

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

saddened wrote:
How do you of his two sons? I went to school with him and I very close friends with his eldest son's mother and she doesn't want to be a part of this whole thing.
Skyrocket

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Do you think some other men could have killed her? and Roberts being set up? Jordan Gardens isn't the nicest place to live, and there apartment was robbed 6 months ago and the robbers used knives on Mr. Johnson there a police report to confirm this, could they have come back? What if he is truly innocent sitting in Jail and family, friends, co workers,church members and in-laws have turned there back on him. Ahkenya's family has every right to be hurt, devastated, angry and wanting justice, but have they looked at anybody else as potential suspects? anybody from Ahkenyas private life that only family and close friends know about? Don't just look for a conviction get JUSTICE!!
saddened

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

NYC wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you of his two sons? I went to school with him and I very close friends with his eldest son's mother and she doesn't want to be a part of this whole thing.
The reason I know of his 2 sons like people that have made posts to the story I worked robert kenya & mother of his 2nd at teletech. That still doesnt take away from the situation at hand, AND WHAT HAPPENED! It doesnt matter if they dont want to be involved with what happened hes still a father of 2 lil boys who will never know their father, and 2 lil girls who are damaged by the tragic event for the rest of their lives!!!
nyc

Mount Vernon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

It is really sad because his eldest son did have a relationship with his father and he loves his sisters very much. He was really angry cause someone hurt is father's wife...So people need to stop judging, don't assume that the sons don't know their father. You don't know what goes on in people personal lives. People only let you see what they want u to see.
saddened wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I know of his 2 sons like people that have made posts to the story I worked robert kenya & mother of his 2nd at teletech. That still doesnt take away from the situation at hand, AND WHAT HAPPENED! It doesnt matter if they dont want to be involved with what happened hes still a father of 2 lil boys who will never know their father, and 2 lil girls who are damaged by the tragic event for the rest of their lives!!!
Bud716

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

I cannot believe this has happened. I knew Robert well from teletech as well and he was always so outgoing and nice. I couldn't imagine him doing something so cruel and evil. I will pray for him and his family and his children. I hope that the investigation does continue even though he got convicted because I still believe there is more to the story than what has surfaced.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Niagara Falls Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Niagara Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••