Kevin

Orlando, FL

#42 Nov 28, 2012
(YELLING) W.T.F!!!! So now i cant even OWN a FKN PHONE because these MOTHER******S keep harassing Me for money i supposedly "owe"??? I PAY MY TAXES!!! I OWE NOBODY NEITHER!!!

They Been Violating MY HUMAN RIGHTS! And I'm fkn tired of it!! I'm a LOYAL AMERICAN who LOVES his COUNTRY to DEATH, I ALWAYS PAY OFF WHEN I OWE, EVEN IF IT MEANS I'm GOING TO BE BROKE for a WEEK!!! SOMEBODY Needs TO SHUT THESE CULPRITS DOWN!!! asap
keep Dreaming

Buffalo, NY

#43 Nov 29, 2012
I am sure it is just a mistake i have talk to customer service there and they have been very polite and helpful

Kevin just call them and ask for Amy she is really nice
trff

Kalamazoo, MI

#44 Nov 29, 2012
Keep dreaming. Any one,there will be Amy. Their HQ is in Canada
keep Dreaming

Buffalo, NY

#45 Nov 30, 2012
I know where they are located duh
George in Toronto

Toronto, Canada

#46 Dec 8, 2012
These clowns call me on a regular basis. Due to Enbridge saying I owed them some money from a while ago. To end it I paid it. But I still get the calls. I've spoke to the ombudsman office at Enbridge they assured me it will end. Lol. Well it hasn't I'm getting sick of it. I even cancelled my voice mall on my phone to stop getting these harassing messages.

Who can stop these dogs. I hope they all die a horrible slow death
Have fun with them

Ewa Beach, HI

#47 Dec 11, 2012
It seems they collect for Columbia House and other record clubs. Don't let that fool you into thinking they have a real debt to collect. They are phishing. They can buy names and info from record clubs. They call and leave an important sounding message on your phone (This is the Takhar group...). You call back and they go on about how you owe. They are hoping you assume that you forgot something and send them a quick $50 to be done with it

There are ways to deal with legitimate collectors if you aren't sure about a debt. You can ask for proof, etc. However, I doubt this company is legit.

They called me over and over and over again even after I explained that we had no business with them. In the end, the only way to get them was to leave endless messages on their office number (1-888-246-3871).

Also had a little fun with prank dial. That may sound childish, but think of it this way: if they have to start taking a bunch of nonsense calls, their little scam becomes less and less profitable. Note: It is ilegal to harass them on the phone (ironic, eh?) but it is not ilegal to really recorded messages (like prankdial.com ) or to call and talk slow, quiet, ask them to repeat themselves, etc.

Have some fun and shut them down!
Thats it

Buffalo, NY

#48 Dec 12, 2012
prank call be careful someone might get hurt
DRM8523

Lansing, MI

#49 Jan 4, 2013
I have been getting calls from this group too, the same voice messages about the courtesy of a return call, which I ignored until they called me at 7:01 this morning! I am livid!!! It won't do anything but make me feel better, but I'm filing my complaint TODAY!
Freak

Casper, WY

#51 Jan 16, 2013
RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Guns yes people no

Buffalo, NY

#52 Jan 17, 2013
no phone = no calls
Dee

Green Bay, WI

#53 Feb 5, 2013
They just called me yesturday.
some infor they knew about me.Also demanding money.They claimed they sent me a notice I told her I never got one and send another.She got very snippy,so i snipped back and then hung up on her!
She wanted my credit card number,she couldn't even say my name right..HELLO!! My names Debora.How hard is that??
Kristin

San Antonio, TX

#55 Mar 2, 2013
I bought an airhorn for just these types of people and after using it at least once a week for quite some time, I finally wised up and connected an old fax machine to my line. Now, if anyone calls from a suspicious number, I flip on the "auto-answer" feature and let them think it's not a valid number. Since doing that, I get maybe 1 or 2 calls a month like this. I hear that you can download a recording of a fax sound and just play it into the phone reciever as well.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#56 Mar 4, 2013
Smart thinking, Kristin!
Littlebitez

Ellenville, NY

#57 Mar 12, 2013
I got a call at my home from this company. They left no information just to call. I called, it was after hours. Interesting message though. The person on the recording spoke very clearly. Clearly enough to hear the other people in the background and him fumble when giving the web address, but started giving a phone instead. Very sad that people will not work for earning, but have to try and steal it instead..:(
katfah

Randolph, MA

#58 Mar 18, 2013
I have been receiving constant calls from this company asking for my name, verification of address and even my ssn - when I asked who they were the first person told me to stop yelling at her and I was speaking in a normal voice, I hung up, received another call and asked again who they were, they asked for my information I told them that if they would not identify who they were then I would not provide my information, caller got very rude then finally told me they were with the Takhar group, when I asked what it was about she would not tell me and told me I had refused to provide my personal information for verification, I said that I do not provide my personal information to people I do not know and the caller got even worse with threats and lawsuites - I no longer respond to any of the messages they leave, do not return their calls they are a scam and if you give them your information I am sure will end up being used for whatever purposes they have in mind.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#59 Mar 18, 2013
When they threaten lawsuits, simply say, "Please send all correspondence to me at once so I can discuss this with my attorney. There will be no need to call me on the phone from now on."

They will not sue you. Takhar Group is calling for one of two reasons:

1) They have paid pennies on the dollar for a very small debt (such as Columbia Records) that you owed a long time ago. A lawsuit would be absolutely pointless, but they legally own the debt so they can collect on it.

2) They are fishing. They have your name and number and figure if they call enough people threatening debt collection lawsuits, people will pay something to get them off their back.

The former is possible, the latter is likely.
theresa

Elliot Lake, Canada

#60 Mar 26, 2013
Takhar Group called and the women represented herself as a lawyer. She was calling about a debt that was past the statute of limitations. She was told to cease and desist calling, in turn she started yelling at me and threatening me. I told her I was aware of my rights and that if I verbally requested her to cease and desist she must do so and if she continued I would report her to consumer affairs. She hung up on me.
Sick of ringing phone

Waldorf, MD

#61 Apr 9, 2013
They just called me again with the nasty recording about "the decency of a return call". They have left several messages but never say who they are calling or what it's about so I delete them. I get calls for whoever had out phone number before us a lot. Apparently these people never paid bills, and although I constantly say you have the wrong number, they keep calling. We have had this number for almost 9 years!!!
Snoofer

Naperville, IL

#62 Apr 10, 2013
I simply don't answer when I receive calls from a number I do not recognize - voice mail gets it. If it's legit call, then they will leave a message and I can return the call. Got a call from this TAKHRGROUP yesterday. I Goggled the number and came to this list. Glad I did! I will delete the voice mail and continue with my life. No call for you TAK...!!
Lori

San Jose, CA

#63 Apr 15, 2013
They call me every day and leave an automated message. I never answer numbers from people I don't know, so I always ignore it. I haven't gotten any rude messages *yet* as others have, but I'm sure its a matter of time. Good to know they are scammers. I'm going to file a harassment claim with my mobile carrier. They'll block the number so I won't receive calls from it anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niagara Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) 8 hr Anon 59,234
Young mother, seeking a new life, wants happy h... (Dec '11) Jan 24 scums on earth 80
Looking for Nancy Lee Sorice Jan 22 Batavia NY 1
Tonawanda Man Arrested on Drug Charges (Jun '13) Jan 19 HIGh ya 12
Whaetfield Racist ? (Dec '12) Jan 15 HIGh ya 97
Sheriff Giles Jan 14 HIGh ya 4
That Time Jimmy Fallon Trashed My Hometown Jan 12 just me 1
Niagara Falls Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Niagara Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]