mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25593 Feb 16, 2014
Canton wrote:
Everybody calls you gun show conspiracy kooks Tea Baggers. I'd tell you that you are whipping a dead horse, but fear you will think it's obviously a reference to an obscure gay sex act, that a little known tribe once did in 1000 AD, before a volcano wiped them out, who now contact you in your dreams and teach you their secret language so that you and only you can tell us the true meaning of common terms. I don't think the gays should be mocked, but see nothing wrong with mocking Tea Bagging morons who can't come up with anything better than to agree with their own posts. That's where you come in... VOID
I've never purchased a gun, either privately or from a dealer, and I've never been to a gun show. I don't belong to any Tea Party organization, and have never been to a rally (I stated that quite a while ago).

So, I don't know why you insist on calling me a teabagger, but if it gets you off to think of me that way, then go for it.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25594 Feb 16, 2014
Canton wrote:
"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009
Nitrogen, oxygen, helium, hydrogen and the other gases that make up air are also harmful. She was probably referring to man-made global warming claims, and I agree with her in that context. I'm sure there have been studies that say MMGW is occurring, but they're false, based on the data.

http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/06/26/26gre...
Sun

Croton, OH

#25597 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nitrogen, oxygen, helium, hydrogen and the other gases that make up air are also harmful. She was probably referring to man-made global warming claims, and I agree with her in that context. I'm sure there have been studies that say MMGW is occurring, but they're false, based on the data.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....
No matter how good you are, the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25598 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never purchased a gun, either privately or from a dealer, and I've never been to a gun show. I don't belong to any Tea Party organization, and have never been to a rally (I stated that quite a while ago).
So, I don't know why you insist on calling me a teabagger, but if it gets you off to think of me that way, then go for it.
Who can keep track of all the different names rightwing Christian Conservatives starting calling themselves to cover their tracks after the Bush fiasco. You seem more of a douchebag than a tea bagger anyway. We've already clearly established who likes to think of the common term tea bagger "that way".

Why would anyone think you were a Tea Party member? Michele Bachmann...Tea Party. Your views on just about anything you have mentioned on here? Tea Party. No one blames you for being ashamed to admit though. VOID

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#25599 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron? Is that a typo?
Only one of the wives is legal. The others just claim to be his wives. They are being denied the right to marry the man they love.
<quoted text>
You sound very condescending toward people who just want the same rights you want. I'm sure you're not naive enough to think that gays are the only group who wants the right to marry, are you? Shouldn't you be supporting these people who are being discriminated against?
<quoted text>
Well, there are a lot of opinions about morality. Who's wins? Where does society draw the line?
Before you look down your nose at other illegal relationships, here are just a few examples of what the LGBT crowd expects society to accept as normal.
CA public schools must allow gender-confused kids to use whatever restroom they choose
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/12/cali...
Facebook adds 50+ gender options
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13/face...
Fake "Man" gives birth to 3 kids
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Beatie
At what point can we call these things out for what they are? Anyone who needs 50 options in order to identify his/her gender is f'ed up. And the "guy" who gave birth to 3 kids is a woman, plain and simple. No amount of hormone treatments is going to change that. Instead of encouraging these bizarre things, we should say, I'm sorry you're f'ed up. Dress like the opposite sex if you must, but just be aware that something is really messed up in your head.
Don't feel bad most people don't like change so your not alone. I suggest saying the Serenity prayer.
Canton

Canton, OH

#25600 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice of you to try to make her seem anything close to rational, but what she said was...

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009

"We have checked [Michele Bachmann] 13 times, and seven of her claims [have been found] to be false and six have been found to be ridiculously false ... She is unusual in that regard that she has never gotten a rating higher than false."óBill Adair, PolitiFact.com
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#25601 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
You say they are false because 2 EPA staff members (out of the thousands that work there) agree with you. And they aren't even scientists...

"EPA spokeswoman Adora Andy said earlier this week that Carlin is not a scientist and was not part of the working group that dealt with the endangerment issue."

Racer X

Chillicothe, OH

#25602 Feb 16, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you equate formal education with "indoctrination"? Is that why you've avoided it?
Actually, education helps to avoid indoctrination, by giving one the tools to critically examine ideas presented. All that's asked of an indoctrinated individual is that they repeat the ideas they given, without analyzing them critically. An indoctrinated individual will have difficulty explaining how their personal ideas differ from the doctrine they received.
"Education is unbiased. It is founded in fact, and isnít there to persuade anyone to come up with a certain belief. Education is development of oneís own beliefs based on the facts that are discovered throughout the process. Indoctrination has an agenda. It is used to encourage the embracing of anotherís beliefs, and developing blinding and complete agreement with those beliefs."
http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneou...
Old Fart
I do fine with the education I have received, thank you.
Here's a bit of humor for you.
" I often have conversations with PhD's however I don't look to Topix for those conversations." ;)
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#25603 Feb 16, 2014
Sun wrote:
<quoted text>Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....
No matter how good you are, the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
"There is no arguing with the pretenders to a divine knowledge and to a divine mission. They are possessed with the sin of pride, they have yielded to the perennial temptation."
Walter Lippmann
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25604 Feb 16, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
You say they are false because 2 EPA staff members (out of the thousands that work there) agree with you. And they aren't even scientists...
"EPA spokeswoman Adora Andy said earlier this week that Carlin is not a scientist and was not part of the working group that dealt with the endangerment issue."
Odd that the EPA spokeswoman just mentioned Carlin. The report was co-authored by John Davidson, "an environmental scientist in the economics office who holds a doctorate in physics. Davidson also joined the program in 1983".

Carlin is no slouch, however. He is "a senior operations research analyst who has worked in EPA's economics office since 1983. He has a doctorate in economics and a bachelor's degree in physics. He specializes in cost-benefit analysis and the economics of global climate change control, EPA said."

They know what they're doing. And the fact that emails between Carlin and the director of the economics office showed that the EPA wanted nothing to do with the report. The director said, "The administrator and the administration has decided to move forward on endangerment, and your comments do not help the legal or policy case for this decision."
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25605 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
Kuda,
Michele Bachman seemed fiscally responsible, which was needed after the Bush years and the ridiculous spending Obama was doing. But she made some accusations against one or two of the republican candidates during the primary season that she wasn't able to back-up to my satisfaction. I don't remember specifically what they were, but it didn't matter ... she dropped out soon afterward.
Thanks for your answer. While, as a progressive who's not adverse to taxation for redistribution for the common interest, I neither believe in wasting money nor share endorse the right wing extremists' determination to destroy government because it taxes and distributes our wealth sometimes even wisely. I believe Michelle Bachmann to be such a destructive force, not because she has thought the issues through with any clarity, but because she just frankly didn't come factory-equipped to meet such challenges. Her speeches tend to be hyperbolic and intensely dramatized as she invariably puts her foot in her mouth without even stopping to notice or regroup. I sincerely hope she will retire so that someone more capable can fill her position.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25606 Feb 16, 2014
joanna50 wrote:
Don't feel bad most people don't like change so your not alone. I suggest saying the Serenity prayer.
Unless you support the legal recognition of any type of consensual relationship, including those with adolescent children, then you may want to start praying, too.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25607 Feb 16, 2014
kuda wrote:
I believe Michelle Bachmann to be such a destructive force, not because she has thought the issues through with any clarity, but because she just frankly didn't come factory-equipped to meet such challenges. Her speeches tend to be hyperbolic and intensely dramatized as she invariably puts her foot in her mouth without even stopping to notice or regroup. I sincerely hope she will retire so that someone more capable can fill her position.
For the most part, I agree. I haven't decided yet whether she's a dishonest person or just naive. Maybe a bit of both.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25608 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you support the legal recognition of any type of consensual relationship, including those with adolescent children, then you may want to start praying, too.
Mutt, why do you resort to reductio ad absurdum in an effort to convince us that prohibition of SSM must be right if we don't sanction marriage to animals or human minors unable to enter into such a contract by mutual consent? It's a breach of logic. We don't sell our children into marriage in the US for the same reason. Please understand the issue to better consider your position.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25609 Feb 16, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
For the most part, I agree. I haven't decided yet whether she's a dishonest person or just naive. Maybe a bit of both.
I find the prospect of her being just naive far scarier, since I suspect her ability to think critically is so limited that she manages to navigate her life by strutting reflexively to the beat of the loudest drum corps. And strut she does. I'm afraid she's just a Fox/Limbaugh/Hannity (and yes, even an Alex Jones) kind of gal. The problem is that tea partiers tend to strongly prefer anti-intellectual, anti-science, dogmatic, angry politicians and she fills the bill.
Reality

Columbus, OH

#25610 Feb 17, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, only $10.00. I'm still accruing interest on those 2 separate $300.00 Bush stimulus checks that every taxpayer was sent to boost economic spending to help out the economy back then. I put mine in my savings account and never had to use them.
Aww, you didn't get any, and that's why you're still sore. You had to have a real job, earn real money and pay real taxes.
If quit poutin', mommy might give you some more allowance.
those checks were tax rebates from over paying idiot.

how did you get a check and have never paid taxes?
Reality

Columbus, OH

#25611 Feb 17, 2014
Racer X wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Fart
I do fine with the education I have received, thank you.
Here's a bit of humor for you.
" I often have conversations with PhD's however I don't look to Topix for those conversations." ;)
a conversation with PHD's is a waste of time because they do not run anything but their mouth.

Try conversations with people who can provide opportunity to earn income next time.

Thank me later.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#25612 Feb 17, 2014
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
a conversation with PHD's is a waste of time because they do not run anything but their mouth.
Try conversations with people who can provide opportunity to earn income next time.
Thank me later.
Then you better get mommy and grandma on here. You still don't get it that monopoly money isn't real.
Oh yeah, how did those imaginary road racing cars that you and those supposed sons of yours were building over the winter do down in Daytona?
Bet they didn't even get unloaded out that itty-bitty crate that was labeled MatchBox on the side.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25613 Feb 17, 2014
kuda wrote:
I find the prospect of her being just naive far scarier, since I suspect her ability to think critically is so limited that she manages to navigate her life by strutting reflexively to the beat of the loudest drum corps. And strut she does. I'm afraid she's just a Fox/Limbaugh/Hannity (and yes, even an Alex Jones) kind of gal. The problem is that tea partiers tend to strongly prefer anti-intellectual, anti-science, dogmatic, angry politicians and she fills the bill.
If you had spent as much time psychoanalyzing the president of the United States as you did a Minnesota representative, you might not have been duped so badly.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25614 Feb 17, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Then you better get mommy and grandma on here. You still don't get it that monopoly money isn't real.
Oh yeah, how did those imaginary road racing cars that you and those supposed sons of yours were building over the winter do down in Daytona?
Bet they didn't even get unloaded out that itty-bitty crate that was labeled MatchBox on the side.
Did not go to Daytona, and I imagine in the next hour I will be driving the car not a single NASCAR car could beat in a race today held here in Central Ohio. Not a single one of them.

I will be glad to take your bets.

Matchbox does have a toy version of my daily driver, but I accept your bets on the real deal.

Get all your Waverly buddies to bet big.....we hold the car race in Waverly in 6 hours if you can have a $5000 winner prize at minimum.

For 20% of the money, we can have the Police hold the money for the winner, and block streets for a few minutes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you use for high speed internet around h... Fri The guy 2
Scott Haver Apr 18 lolplaya 2
I need a cute boy to help me out 17-25 Apr 17 weegnator 6
caril ann fugate (Caril Clair of Stryker) (Aug '13) Apr 9 BFugate 27
Tattoo shop (Jan '12) Apr 8 J N Russell 12
18-year-old charged after man dies in fall Apr 8 J N Russell 1
Review: Wonsetler Flower Shop (Dec '10) Mar '15 Yupyup 3
More from around the web

Ney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE